Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When are the 2004 Migrants coming over ?

View Poll Results: Which Month are you migrating in 2004
March
2.67%
April
13.33%
May
10.67%
June
13.33%
July
9.33%
August
1.33%
September
25.33%
October
13.33%
November
4.00%
December
6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 12th 2004, 9:55 am
ABCDiamond

Default When are the 2004 Migrants coming over ?

Just click the month you are planning to move here in 2004.

You can also add more detail in a post if you want to.
eg: how many of you, where are you going to stay to begin with, etc...

Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:06 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

OK I have voted, May is way out on its own at the moment........with 1 vote.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

October - get two summers in one year!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

We are aiming for September for the Gold Coast with our two children aged 9 & 7.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Please.......please let it be September.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:14 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When are the 2004 Migrants coming over ?

Hopefully if everything goes to plan it will be December.

Straight into the oven of a Brisbane summer.

TT
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:20 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Flying 14 July, arriving 15 July in Perth.
Will be staying the first few weeks at friends house(s).

Reasons:
We already decided to migrate about 2 years ago, but I wanted to finish my degree first (sometimes wonder why, but oh well)
I will finish end of June, my diploma ceremony will be on 9 July, and our leaving party in Saturday 10 July.

We are leaving that quickly mainly because of jobs. The later in the year we get there, the quicker it will be summer holidays, with much less chance of jobs till feb.
Also, otherwise I would have to find a job here to fill in the time (not that that would be so difficult, but I can't be bothered, and we just want to get to Oz quickly) The sooner we get there, the sooner we work out if Oz is for us and we move back, on, or stay!!

Our stuff will be shipping out beginning of June. The rest of the time we are staying at parents houses.
This way, we will have a few weeks in Oz to find a rental, and then our stuff will arrive. THis way we don't need expensive furnished.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:22 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, another plus will be that we gradually get used to the weather leading up to summer.
THough hopefully it won't be to cold in July.

Ah, weathers never perfect, anywhere!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

We are off to Perth in December - will be renting for 6 mths or so - maybe Secret Harbour/Mandurah way. Am still deciding whether to stay in UK & celebrate the new year with the family & then travel about 3 January & hopefully have time to get the kids in a school. The debate goes on!!!

cheers

Pockygoes
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

31st of March, NSW,can't talk too long i'm busy panicking
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:50 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by pockygoes
We are off to Perth in December - will be renting for 6 mths or so - maybe Secret Harbour/Mandurah way. Am still deciding whether to stay in UK & celebrate the new year with the family & then travel about 3 January & hopefully have time to get the kids in a school. The debate goes on!!!

cheers

Pockygoes
If you are going to a State school, you only need to turn up on the day, and the school will have to take your children.

Old Mar 12th 2004, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully October - Perth... but waiting to hear about medicals, submitted end of July 2003 skilled independent.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Andy Pandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: When are the 2004 Migrants coming over ?

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

We fly out to London, Saturday 13th March, stay overnight then to Perth via Hong Kong. Myself, wife and our 4 children.
Gosh!!! better start packing!!!!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 12:33 pm
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When are the 2004 Migrants coming over ?

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

All being well we Fly to Perth 30th April with Singapore airlines. We being Wife & 2 children 14 & 11 yrs. Been asked to "house sit" by some rellies friends for the 1st month.....Saves renting whilst we look to buy.

Good tip Simone about looking for a job before the summer. Hopefully this will aid the wife when he goes hunting for a part time job.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 12:48 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

If i'm lucky i will be packing my bags and booking that flight in september. It seems such a long way off at the moment though. ! The only thing keeping me going right now is looking forward to my last UK summer on the beemer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.