Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wheat bag hot "water" bottles and customs

Wheat bag hot "water" bottles and customs

Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Wheat bag hot "water" bottles and customs

We are off to old blighty for Christmas and were thnking of taking our hot "water" bottles with us.......ie wheat bags. But is has occured to me that when we re-enter Australia they might be taken from us and destroyed....as they are seed thingys!!! Anyone know about this at all?

Thanks

Rudi
x
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

KBREMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wheat bag hot "water" bottles and customs

Originally Posted by Rudi
We are off to old blighty for Christmas and were thnking of taking our hot "water" bottles with us.......ie wheat bags. But is has occured to me that when we re-enter Australia they might be taken from us and destroyed....as they are seed thingys!!! Anyone know about this at all?

Thanks

Rudi
x
Buy one in the UK just to be safe...only a tenner or so.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KBREMBO
Buy one in the UK just to be safe...only a tenner or so.

Hmmmm - but only a tenner or so, multiplied by 5 (people) is $125!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE??

Ruid
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if they will destroy them in England but they will probably destroy them when you come back to Oz as you will have no proof that they are Oz made.

I heard of someone sending a wheat bag to someone in Oz for Christmas one year. All she received was the cover and wondered what on earth it was

I gave my wheat bags away when I came over but bought new ones here. I agree with you on the price :scared:
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:26 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

I had some boxes posted over to Oz by mail after I'd left and included in them this awesome wee lavendar scented bear that was also a wheat bag thingy...my ex had given it to me and I wanted it as a baby gift for our daughter...

When my boxes finally arrived, all I got was a formal notice telling me I could pay Customs a ridiculous amount and have Lavender Bear sent back to Scotland OR he would be DESTROYED in 30 days!!!

Couldn't afford to send him back so guessing he's nothing but a pile of burnt fluff now!

Could you email Customs and double check? Maybe there's something you could do before you leave to ensure they get back in the country?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:34 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wheat bag hot "water" bottles and customs

wilkinsons do cheap animal ones, if your only here for a short while they should be good enough, animals are £2.99 and long mat types are £3.99, theyre cheap n cheerful and quite cute!
kat xxx