Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what's your views of comet bay school secret Harbour Perth ??

what's your views of comet bay school secret Harbour Perth ??

Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all
Default what's your views of comet bay school secret Harbour Perth ??

Thinking of moving to secret Harbour , and see they have a primary and upper school looks pretty good ....comet bay...whats your views if your kids go here...many thank you'''s
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:56 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: what's your views of comet bay school secret Harbour Perth ??

its a new school only been open approx 2 yrs, good facilities I believe, my mate is perfectly happy with her kids there.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

. . . . very very distant . . . .
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Originally Posted by squeezzii
its a new school only been open approx 2 yrs, good facilities I believe, my mate is perfectly happy with her kids there.
good to hear thanx
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:10 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

It's seemingly one of the best state schools in the area, it has a talented and gifted progam!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne UK to Helensville Nz to Secret Harbour Perth WA
donki is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to put a damper on this but... we were shown around the school by a very nice guy who lives in secret harbour he clearly loves living there (which i cant blame him it does seen great we hope to move there soon) but our crown relocation lady was concerned as to why an appointmoent couldn't be made whilst there were kids at school!( i did notice on our tour the amount of litter strewn everywhere and i mean litter lots of it)
Well anyway friends of ours asked to go when school was in and they were shocked at the language ie this school is F##d being shouted at them.
My whole attitude to school is your children if they are going to do well will do well whatever school they go too but this was a little off putting! buy hey loads of parents send there children there so must be happy...app Warnbro is a good choice. there are also some good resonably priced private schools in the area too

also the principal at the primary said the new principal that was to start this year or late last year was great and should make a huge positive imp on the school

the primary school comet bay was great really lovely school

Last edited by donki; Mar 24th 2010 at 3:54 am. Reason: more info
Old May 26th 2010, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

My 14 yr old son goes to Comet Bay and he is getting on really well, he enjoys it and has had no problems settling in. As another person said its does depend on your child if they want to learn they will, my son is in all of the extension classes and has just sat the gifted and talented exam. I think there are problems in all schools, state and private and as I said it depends on your child but at this moment in time Im very happy.
Old May 26th 2010, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Andrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
Thinking of moving to secret Harbour , and see they have a primary and upper school looks pretty good ....comet bay...whats your views if your kids go here...many thank you'''s
Hi,

I have daughters at both Comet Bay Primary and Comet Bay College so here goes my views of both:
Note: we arrived here late in January and never got the girls into schools until the 3rd week of term.

Comet Bay Primary:
Firstly, my Daughter loves it. We had a tour round both the Primary schools in Secret Harbour and although the Secret Harbour Primary has been established longer and seemed to have the better name; it was Comet Bay primary that really impressed us. The school is very well equipped and when we visited was spotless. We went to the school assembly on the Friday of the first week and the way the Principle, Deputy and all the other staff conducted the assembly was really refreshing, at first it seemed a little cheesy…for example the Principle would ask the children “who have you praised this week” or “I want to see respect being shown at all times” but when we left my wife and I both thought how better things were if all kids were brought up with these kind of values.
My daughter Broke her arm not long after starting at the school and I was working 70 kms away - and I had the wife’s car - The Principle took my daughter straight to the Hospital and the Deputy took my wife - when she arrived at the school - shortly after. In all the school made the whole experience seem better.
So personally I cannot praise the school highly enough and know that both my wife and daughter would agree.

Comet Bay College:
When looking for the high school the word on the street was that Comet Bay College was rubbish (And trust me we heard a lot worse than Rubbish!!!) and we asked everyone. The local estate agents said that Warnbro had a good name and that if we could afford it we should put her in a Private school. So we had a tour round Comet Bay College, Warnbro and round one of the nearby Private schools.
Our Daughter decided that Private was dreadful (School uniform was enough to give her that view) and as we were not earning - and not knowing when we was going to be - we decided that the Private school was not an option at the moment.
This left the 2 state schools; Warnbro looked very tired, some of the kids gave us that “What you staring at” look and overall we wasn’t very impressed.
Comet Bay College looked great, very new, well equipped and the Deputy did talk it up well. He also looked at our daughters reports from the uk and said that she would probably go into the extension classes (Which she did)
We are however a little disappointed with the school; I really think that the school will become a brilliant school in the not too distant future but currently it still has a few teething problems. Admittedly some of the issues are probably more because my daughter doesn’t actually want to be in Australia and craves for her old school in the uk. But it’s things like some of the teachers swearing in the classroom or letting the kids play their Ipods during lessons etc that I can’t quite get my head round.
I still think the school is looking forward though and I believe is also to become an idependant school soon - not sure what that will mean though -

What I will say is make sure you choose a rental in the catchment area of the school you want your kids to go to; all the schools are heavily over subscribed and most will want to see proof of residency before they accept your kids.

If you have any other questions; don’t hesitate to send me a message…. But you’d better be quick…. We may be heading back to the uk soon.
Old May 26th 2010, 9:50 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shar07
As another person said its does depend on your child if they want to learn they will
The thing is, a lot of kids need a kick up the arse. What happens to these kids at schools like this? I know, they just end up falling by the wayside.