Reload this Page >

What's your story?

What's your story?

Old May 6th 2004, 1:30 pm
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's your story?

Hi

We're just starting on the migration trail but for those who have made it to the other side, what was your application process like? Did you have many setbacks, did it go without a hitch and was it worth the angst?

I can only speak for myself but I'm sure for those of us still here, your stories (good or bad) will be of much interest.

Thanks
Old May 6th 2004, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

At the time, the whole process seemed like a long nightmare from start to finish.
It was great to come on here and let off steam with everyone else on here having the same problems.
Pollyana, Tinaj, Cresta57, Plumber, Yvsie, so many to remember.

At the time, I thought I just might go mad before we ever left the runway, but as soon as we were on that plane, it all just went away.

I look at the posts now with people going through the ordeal of visas, removals, pets, children, flights, house for sale, prospective buyers, agents, solicitors etc, etc and it all comes back to me in a flash of horror.

We have been here now for 6 months now. Things have gone pretty well for us. We have a business that has just gone from strength to strength (may change my mind once winter hits us) and we are happy generally. Of course (me especially) we miss things at times and things aren't all smelling of roses, but I ask myself many times 'would I want to go back to the UK'. The answer 'No thankyou very much'.
That doesn't mean that I would never change my mind.

I think, for you to get insight into our stories, maybe you should look back into some of the old names. I was also inder Suzane crabtree. That will while the hours away whilst you go through the process.
I also did a piece under Crabtrees first instalment if you have an hour or two to pass bye.

Carrianne has just done a piece on her first 9 weeks.

Good luck with your move and so long as you stay positive, and don't let the little things get you down and then grow into big things, you will find it basically a good life here.

Whisky
Old May 6th 2004, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's your story?

Originally posted by she'llberight
Hi

We're just starting on the migration trail but for those who have made it to the other side, what was your application process like? Did you have many setbacks, did it go without a hitch and was it worth the angst?

I can only speak for myself but I'm sure for those of us still here, your stories (good or bad) will be of much interest.

Thanks

What kind of visa are you thinking of applying for?

We did a spouse visa, and I would have to say, although a LOT of paperwork, ups and downs, it was reasonable straight forward. This place being a godsend for information and trivialities. Our only hitches were waiting ages for english relatives to send back statements (took ages and lived the closest) and royal mail not living up to their standards (but no surprise lately). Other than that we found the application proceedure straight forward and they were fast and professional at the Aussie High Commission in London.
Old May 6th 2004, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's your story?

Actually now I think about it, the visa was the easy bit. Its moving country and sorting EVERYTHING else out that has given me the stress and headache.... bank accounts, tax, pension, removalists, new jobs, plane tickets, baggage allowance etc etc etc..... Ahh if only I knew the fun had just begun.... when I begun.... ha
Old May 6th 2004, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey yes, I remember all that too!!:scared: :scared:

Whisky