Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's your opinion of Air NZ ?

What's your opinion of Air NZ ?

Old May 9th 2004, 2:25 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's your opinion of Air NZ ?

Flying out to Brissy via LA , Auckland 19th Aug , taking advantage of the 64kg luggage allowance.

We flew with Emirates last time , no complaints.

Anyone out there flown with Air NZ lately? and whats your thoughts.....your opinion appreciated.

all the best plum
Old May 9th 2004, 2:46 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Good legroom, food OK.
Old May 9th 2004, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Good legroom, food OK.
Went with them 3 years ago, only downfall was that the seats didn't have individual tv's so if you've got a family (like we had) its a pain as the kids get bored!

Still, maybe they have updated their aircrafts. Worth checking out.

Tracey and Ian
Old May 9th 2004, 6:43 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

We're going with Air NZ, one of the reasons being diminished possibility of a terrorist attack. Call me paranoid, but I can't help feeling the bad guys are having a closer look at Qantas, etc, due to what's going on in Iraq.

Plus, Qantas's food is boring.
Old May 9th 2004, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

We've just booked to fly with Air NZ to Oz via NZ in November.
Family have reported excellent service and food on previous trips.

Plus - I've heard depressing reports about Qantas (dirty planes and poor food being one of them).

(I just wanted the excuse to stop off in NZ on the way!

Their prices are pretty much in line with Qantas as well - good deals on their website at the moment....
Old May 9th 2004, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Olive101
We've just booked to fly with Air NZ to Oz via NZ in November.
Family have reported excellent service and food on previous trips.

Plus - I've heard depressing reports about Qantas (dirty planes and poor food being one of them).

(I just wanted the excuse to stop off in NZ on the way!

Their prices are pretty much in line with Qantas as well - good deals on their website at the moment....
Hi
I've just flown Air NZ and it was ok. They haven't updated yet, though so there's no individual tv's. Legroom good, food ok. The worst part was going via LA - what a nightmare that is.

Andrea
Old May 9th 2004, 8:18 pm
o_0

What was the nightmarish part of LA? Curious, as I have to go through LA on our way home.
Old May 9th 2004, 8:19 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by andrea jc
Legroom good, food ok. Andrea
That's what I said
Old May 9th 2004, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Evelynandco is an unknown quantity at this point

Comeon guys , where's your Britishness gone ? Try BA ! ( only cos i work for them ! ) . I guess we're expensive , but we have screens at every seat now with 18 video channels / 16 audio . If like me you have kids and dread the thought of a long flight , sit them in front of a screen ( there is a kids channel ) and relaxxxx .
Old May 9th 2004, 9:30 pm
o_0

Originally posted by Evelynandco
Comeon guys , where's your Britishness gone ?
Never had it to begin with; I'm Hellenic by ethnicity and Australian by birth.
Old May 9th 2004, 9:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Air NZ are Ok. Plenty of room. Primitive entertainment.
Tried most of the others.
Now fly Malaysian. More legroom and all facilities.
Singapore OK but can be cramped.

I think Singapore own Air NZ or at least a major share of it.

They are only buses with wings when it comes down to it.

G
Old May 9th 2004, 9:40 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Evelynandco
Comeon guys , where's your Britishness gone ? Try BA ! ( only cos i work for them ! ) . I guess we're expensive , but we have screens at every seat now with 18 video channels / 16 audio . If like me you have kids and dread the thought of a long flight , sit them in front of a screen ( there is a kids channel ) and relaxxxx .
Expensive, smallest legroom and grumpy service plus even worse you could end up on Qantas.
Old May 9th 2004, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Lostinreading is an unknown quantity at this point

BA....bloody awful more like, rude at checkin, worse on the plane, only interested in people flying buissness class, would NEVER fly with BA again, they have no concept of customer service....this is not based on a single flight either, tried two long haul flights with them and in my honest opinion I am glad they have problems because they deserve them....they are the worst.

phew rant over...
Old May 10th 2004, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ulujain
What was the nightmarish part of LA? Curious, as I have to go through LA on our way home.
At LA they herd you into a transit lounge (after making you queue for ages) where there are hardly enough seats for everyone to sit down. The toilet facilities aren't good - the ladies had flooded when I was there and you had to wade through a deep smelly puddle if you were desperate enough!

I read recently that Neil Morrisey was arrested at LA when he got frustrating during this process - but there's nothing you can do about it, you just have to go with the flow.

Andrea
Old May 10th 2004, 8:19 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I have to agree with the previous poster, I flew LHR to Sydney with Air NZ we did stop in the Cook Islands but the journey was horrendous I didn't think it would ever come to an end!! With no seat back TV's you have to be ready prepared with stuff to keep you busy. The transit room at LA made me feel pretty claustrophobic, leg room was ok, likewise with food.

To be honest though Singpore have always been the best London - Oz airline in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.