Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's your first choice...????

What's your first choice...????

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 7:47 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile What's your first choice...????

If you had your P.R. Visa stamp in your passport and your house sold..What would be your first choice place to settle....anywhere in Aus or New Zealand..??????
Ours belive it or not would be Adelaide.(bearing in mind we've never been to Aus.)

CORKER
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 7:48 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your first choice...????

Originally Posted by CORKER
If you had your P.R. Visa stamp in your passport and your house sold..What would be your first choice place to settle....anywhere in Aus or New Zealand..??????
Ours belive it or not would be Adelaide.(bearing in mind we've never been to Aus.)

CORKER

Melbourne followed by Coolangatta
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 7:51 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

CORKER
Anywhere I can see a crocodile in the wild, always fancied that.

So I suppose thats QLD or maybe Cairns.......certainly not Perth (where I'm headed, no idea why)
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 8:10 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: What's your first choice...????

Originally Posted by pompeywill
So I suppose thats QLD or maybe Cairns.......certainly not Perth (where I'm headed, no idea why)
Thats a bit how I feel. I like the idea of QLD and have been doing a lot of research in to the Cairns area and it looks good.

On the other hand my wifes three brothers all live in Perth (funny that!) and I dont mind visiting them but I dont exactly want to stay there. No offence to anyone that is going or lives there as we have heard good things about it but just want something perhaps a bit different, if that makes sense.

Still, we have to get the visa first!

R.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 8:55 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

CORKER
Why?

You think Adelaide may be your first choice? Interested by that one.

Its pretty, especially the hills around it, but it didn't stick in my mind as a place to live, though I do like the botanical gardens.

If you can get the chance to go out before making a decision then do, on more than one occasion as well.

Having been out on more than one occasion I would say my favourite place is Sydney, though of course it is expensive, second to that would be Brissie, nice vibe about the place. Byron Bay is lovely as well. Melbourne is nice but didnt float my boat.

Mind you, I quite liked Alice Springs.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 9:06 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russmcp
Why?

You think Adelaide may be your first choice? Interested by that one.

Its pretty, especially the hills around it, but it didn't stick in my mind as a place to live, though I do like the botanical gardens.

If you can get the chance to go out before making a decision then do, on more than one occasion as well.

Having been out on more than one occasion I would say my favourite place is Sydney, though of course it is expensive, second to that would be Brissie, nice vibe about the place. Byron Bay is lovely as well. Melbourne is nice but didnt float my boat.

Mind you, I quite liked Alice Springs.

I didn't like Brisbane at all, Byron was lovely yet a bit pretencious, Sydney was cool but to busy.I adore Melbourne's cafe culture