Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats your favourite holiday you have had? Not oZ but maybe somewhere ekse!

Whats your favourite holiday you have had? Not oZ but maybe somewhere ekse!

Old Nov 5th 2004, 2:56 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats your favourite holiday you have had? Not oZ but maybe somewhere ekse!

Ok. Many of us live in OZ(not me for now) and have probably travelled to many places in this beautiful country. But just a thought. Forget about where to live for a momet and think of the best country you have visited and why. What did you do there? What made it stick in your head? Maybe for some. It's OZ.
One thing for me was Oz. I backpacked through Oz in 98. Went to some beautiful places and did some great things. But the one thing that sticks in my mind is climbing up Ayers Rock( Ullaru) for sunrise. What an awsome experience. So beautiful. Or watching sunset near Ayers Rock while having a BBq and a nice glass of wine. Many other countries i have been and many things i have done. But this is one thing that will always be in my head till the day i die. So whats your thoughts and experiences?
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whats your favourite holiday you have had? Not oZ but maybe somewhere ekse!

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Ok. Many of us live in OZ(not me for now) and have probably travelled to many places in this beautiful country. But just a thought. Forget about where to live for a momet and think of the best country you have visited and why. What did you do there? What made it stick in your head? Maybe for some. It's OZ.
One thing for me was Oz. I backpacked through Oz in 98. Went to some beautiful places and did some great things. But the one thing that sticks in my mind is climbing up Ayers Rock( Ullaru) for sunrise. What an awsome experience. So beautiful. Or watching sunset near Ayers Rock while having a BBq and a nice glass of wine. Many other countries i have been and many things i have done. But this is one thing that will always be in my head till the day i die. So whats your thoughts and experiences?
You'll get a better response if you post general stuff in "The Lounge" but for the record my favourite holiday experiences are:

1) Ballooning over The Valley Of The Kings in Egypt
2) Doing a national park tour on the west-coast of the states.
3) Numerous trips around the UK, especially the Scottish Highlands, North Wales and the Lake District.
4) The Republic of Ireland - the people, the beer, the laughs.

And isn't climbing Uluhru frowned upon?
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:10 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats your favourite holiday you have had? Not oZ but maybe somewhere ekse!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
You'll get a better response if you post general stuff in "The Lounge" but for the record my favourite holiday experiences are:

1) Ballooning over The Valley Of The Kings in Egypt
2) Doing a national park tour on the west-coast of the states.
3) Numerous trips around the UK, especially the Scottish Highlands, North Wales and the Lake District.
4) The Republic of Ireland - the people, the beer, the laughs.

And isn't climbing Uluhru frowned upon?

Yes. But itwasn't when i was there. It was well worth it. If you ever get the chance . then what i say. Is, Do it Its worth it. It will always stick in my mind till the day I die.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Hi best place we went to was gran canaries .In 2000 with my mum sister nephew and bother.and my famliy.
it was very hot over there first time overseas so it was hotter than uk.
The kids loved it as will.
The next best place would have to be home morecambe now.
Going back next xames going to have a big party because it my 30 birthday and it would be great to see all the famliy in one big place and friends.

Ann Marie
Old Nov 5th 2004, 4:31 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

Eating a champgine breakfast sitting in the middle of the Sarangetti plane on the hill where born free was filmed (well the last bit!)

FremantleRaider
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Gosh, good question.
I have two holidays that really stick in my mind.

1) One of the most gorgeous little towns in the UK. We spent a week in Polperro. It was a perfect setting. Wandering into the town at night. Fresh seafood and crab. Day trips all over Cornwall. It was wonderful.

2) My honeymoon in Paris. Loved it! We went everywhere. Sitting in a small bistro drinking ice cold Reccord. Making conversation with the locals who spoke barely any english, while we spoke very limited French. The sign language involved in ordering meals was hilarious and great fun. Hubby took me to the Moulin Rouge for an evening for my birthday which was during our honeymoon and it was amazing.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 7:00 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

My favourite holiday destinations, if I am not allowed to say Oz (I didn't like living there but I love the place for a holiday) are Singapore, where we had a 6 night break on the way to Oz and probably top of my list is the Scottish Highlands (I live in the Lake District so can't really add to my list).

Susan
Old Nov 5th 2004, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Ok, it has to be second best because I'm afraid Oz was the best. But Switzerland. We had a long weekend and stayed at a hotel by a lake with a rooftop swimming pool. When you were in the pool (it was summer!) you felt like you were swimming towards the mountains. In the evening, after going into town for dinner, we went up to the roof and had a drink all by ourselves looking at the lights twinkling on the hills across the lake. Bliss. Actually swimming in a strange swimming pool reminds me of the Hilton in Sydney (sorry this is an Oz one). It was half way up the tower block of the Hilton Hotel and you could swim in it looking out at the surrounding office blocks. It was really strange sitting in the jacuzzi looking at all these poor people slaving away in their offices!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Mine's much quieter. But I love going to stay with my Mum on the farm in Norway They live in Ulvik, which is a beautiful spot. The air is fresh and it's so peaceful. The kids go wild and we just chill out. I love walking around there, going up to the summer farm, kids playing in the river or hunting blueberries or wild strawberries. Picking plums from the orchard and her famous apple cake!

She runs a B&B, so I'm going to plug! http://www.uppheim-farm.com but in defence, the links page has links to info. on the area and photos
Old Nov 6th 2004, 4:37 am
Freedom!

Anyone been to Thailand? This country is absolutely amazing. Many people unfortunately come her for the sex industry(not me). But is such an awsome place. The food(cheap and fresh), the people(happy go lucky), the islands(unbelievable), the shopping(for al you girls). Thailand is truelly an awsome place. If you get the chance. Come and visit this country. You will be pleasantly surprised. Bangkok is dirty and too many cars. But i love it. Its go so much character.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

I agree with you jockstar, thailand is a beautiful country with friendly people, Vietnam is also really nice!
My favourite I think though has to be Argentina! The people are fantastic, and the scenery breathtaking! And if you want a good night out go to Buenos Aires!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite holiday was ski trip in Morzine and Avoriaz in the French Alps with JTL before we got married. He broke his leg on the first day so he couldn't ski the rest of the week. But somehow we managed to get around the resorts in different ways - him on bus and cable car, and me on skis - to meet for lunch and snacks on the slopes. He became a connoisseur in entrecote, vin chaud and french beer - his excuse was he couldn't do anything but eat and drink all day!

The scenary in the mountains was breathbreaking, every view photo perfect, together with the little accident (which turned out to be not bad at all), made the trip very memorable. We still laugh about it every time we go on holidays...

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 6th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Best holiday for me was in Brazil, my wife and I stayed on an island of the coast for a week called Florionopolis, beautiful beaches fanastic food and drink, going there again in December. I also love going to Egypt cruising up the Nile is fantastic.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 1:12 pm
Cheeky

We have had quite a few good holidays and a couple of nightmare ones which Im not going to mention!

Ok my fav was when (Im here!! ) I was only 19 at the time (mere slip of a girl) and went for a romantic 2 weeks in Portugal with my 'now' hubby!! ........

On our own in a 4bed villa!! ...........Thats all you are getting to know!!

Oh and it was HOT!!

Cheeky (phew!)

Old Nov 6th 2004, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

LOL!!

Originally Posted by Cheeky
We have had quite a few good holidays and a couple of nightmare ones which Im not going to mention!

Ok my fav was when (Im here!! ) I was only 19 at the time (mere slip of a girl) and went for a romantic 2 weeks in Portugal with my 'now' hubby!! ........

On our own in a 4bed villa!! ...........Thats all you are getting to know!!

Oh and it was HOT!!

Cheeky (phew!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.