Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats your best piece of advice?

Whats your best piece of advice?

Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:52 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats your best piece of advice?

with a reference to the " You know your in Aus when" thread..

how about a piece of advice for new or potential immigrants?

1) stop converting from GBP to $ the second you arrive.. you havent got pounds. you are not earning pounds.. its all dollars from now on in....it takes the shine of things I know, but hey, if you keep converting, your just going to upset yourself.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:00 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats your best piece of advice?

Don't eat yellow snow . . . only kidding

Advice - take one day at a time
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:10 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

fight for what u want. dont take no for an answer. dont let it all slip downhill at the first hurdle. sounds like three, but its all the same thing
oh i have another, dont take advise from anyone lol
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:17 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
fight for what u want. dont take no for an answer. dont let it all slip downhill at the first hurdle. sounds like three, but its all the same thing
oh i have another, dont take advise from anyone lol
agree

At the end of the day.. it really is worth it..
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:33 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake
agree

At the end of the day.. it really is worth it..
bang on mate. if u spend the rest of your life working at a marrage, why not give this place at lease 2 years
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

1) stop converting from GBP to $ the second you arrive.. you havent got pounds. you are not earning pounds.. its all dollars from now on in....it takes the shine of things I know, but hey, if you keep converting, your just going to upset yourself.
do not pack your house yourself, we did it yesterday and it was horrible, get packers in
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:10 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Don't allow your mind to be thwarted by the illusion that the level of homesickness is measured by how far you actually are from the U.K.

We breath the same air, and sleep under the same sky where ever we are in the world.

If you continue to tell yourself you are on the other side of the world, in your mind you will distort the appeal of going back.

In reality, the benefits of migration haven't changed and blighty is still the same, just as much as the fact you will always be a pom. But, a pom living in a better place, and if necessary, only a plane ride from the UK.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:12 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali south
do not pack your house yourself, we did it yesterday and it was horrible, get packers in
What was horrible about it?...I would hate the thought of packers going through my personal stuff so i have never consider getting packers in
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:13 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Don't allow your mind to be thwarted by the illusion that the level of homesickness is measured by how far you actually are from the U.K.

We breath the same air, and sleep under the same sky where ever we are in the world. If you continue to tell yourself you are on the other side of the world, in your mind you will distort the appeal of going back.

In reality, the benefits of migration haven't changed and blighty is still the same, just as much as the fact you will always be a pom. But, a pom living in a better place, and if necessary, only a plane ride from the UK.
Brilliant.......very wise words
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:23 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

Very moving....

I remind myself (every single ruddy day) why we came to Australia.

Its the family/friends thing with me, not the place...its beaut here.

TF

We breath the same air, and sleep under the same sky where ever we are in the world.

If you continue to tell yourself you are on the other side of the world, in your mind you will distort the appeal of going back.

Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

But, a pom living in a better place
A Different place.

G
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

me myself & i is an unknown quantity at this point

expect the worst then anything better could only count as a bonus,and once you are there DONT sit on your laurels go for gold and make those dreams come true.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Always, always, always, have a Plan B.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT THREAD, I JUST HOPE NOBODY COMES ON AND SPOILS IT.
GREAT POINTS FROM YOU ALL.

MINE IS ITS ONLY A DAY AWAY, AND NEVER SAY NEVER.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:18 am
chilled member

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Always, always, always, have a Plan B.
If one city / area / state doesnt work for you, think about moving to a different area, before heading back to the UK,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.