Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats your best experience in oz?

Wikiposts

Whats your best experience in oz?

Old Dec 5th 2005, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats your best experience in oz?

Originally Posted by fishface
What have you or did you do that made your heart sing, or hairs on your neck stand up! :scared:
For me I will always remember doing a tandem skydive onto Dicky beach QLD, feeling literally on top of the world and taking in the amazing view, gave me such a buzz, wanted to go and do it all over again.
Please share your great moments

Best arriving there and stating there and travelling around, worst trying not to cry when son and wife began to shead tears when it was time to come home!
Entire trip was a buzz even the jet lag, loved everything about the place, had the rose tinted on to the max! Hopefully will regain my buzz within the next 3 years as hopefully we'll have our visa by then
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:04 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

The Duty Free shopping experience at Perth ***International*** Airport ...
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:09 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Yacht racing on the swan river
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:22 am
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Doing a bike ride along the Yarra river. Beautiful scenery, enjoyable exercise. So much fun in fact we did it twice.

I took the trip with a work colleague, and spent most of the time riding behind her, admiring her arse . Ended up marrying her.

You can see I have my priorities right
hey

cant wait to ride along the yarra i will be settling in melbourne , its such a nice track with a good scenery. cant wait to do the same
Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:32 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

The plane out . .. only kidding

The train from the Central Coast into Sydney, just before the bridge where you start to see the harbour and Opera House when you DON'T have to go to work, where you can get off the train and chill with your best mate in Sydney . . . lunch at Circular Quay, cocktails at Darling Harbour, coffee & cake at Gloria Jeans before you get on the train back
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:03 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Aus' natural history, so my best experiences include watching a platypus feeding in a rainforest stream from only a few metres away; swimming on the Great Barrier Reef with technicolour fish (and sharks); Michaelmas Cay surrounded by thousands of Sooty Terns and Common Noddies (silly name, gorgeous bird), FrigateBirds, Masked Boobies (another silly name), and a passing Hawksbill Turtle; standing in the campsite of O'Reilly's (Lamington National Park) surrounded by Regent and Satin bowerbirds, Wonga Pigeons, Crimson Rosellas and Pademelons with tiny joeys in the pouch coming to be fed.

Or possibly it was the time in Julatten when a Fawn-footed Melomys tried to half-inch my breakfast cereal and I got bitten trying to stop it!

Actually, I think my fave time has to be the time I went on a night walk with a torch at Julatten and saw a Lesser Sooty Owl feeding its full grown chick; Papuan Frogmouths on fenceposts; Striped and Green Possums feeding and playing in the trees directly above our heads; lots of pademelons, White-tailed Rats and Bandicoots caught in the spotlight; and a fantastic Giant Green Tree Frog sitting on a tree trunk. The group of people I was with were fantastic and we ate a meal and got drunk together in the open sided camp kitchen whilst bandicoots ran around our feet!

I hope for many, many more memories like those and I intend to keep a natural history diary illustrated with my drawings and paintings to record them.