Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats your best experience in oz?

Wikiposts

Whats your best experience in oz?

Old Dec 4th 2005, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats your best experience in oz?

Apart from landing in Australia for good (!):

Twilight Sydney bridge climb
Diving in the Great Barrier Reef - seeing a 'real' turtle!
Bungy jumping in Cairns - scary!!!
Skinning dipping at Cape Tribulation in the moonlight- very liberating!!!
Camping in the Daintree and having our camp food stolen by a family of goannas! - they're BIG!!!
Cuddling my first Koala - Aww!!!
Feeding the 'roos
Catching my first fish off Bramston Beach in the dark with a crappy girly rod and the fish was a whopper (honest!)
Old Dec 4th 2005, 1:53 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Hard to choose:
Diving (in warm waters!)
Whale watching at Coffs, wow!
Sleeping out in a swag at Uluru.
"Last night at the proms" in the SOH.
Swimming in waterfall pools in Kakadu NP.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Securing permanent residency
Feeding the dolphins at Tangalooma
Watching the kids surfing
Kuranda skytrain

Lots more too
Old Dec 4th 2005, 2:59 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Life.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Ohhh i cant wait to get to australia now, i was feeling a bit melancholy last few weeks but im all excited again. My mum is paying for me and the hubby to do the harbour bridge climb when we get there for a christmas present, im really looking forward to it, is it worth paying the extra to do it at sunset?
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Ohhh i cant wait to get to australia now, i was feeling a bit melancholy last few weeks but im all excited again. My mum is paying for me and the hubby to do the harbour bridge climb when we get there for a christmas present, im really looking forward to it, is it worth paying the extra to do it at sunset?
We did the twilight bridge climb - it's getting dusky as you climb but still light enough to see everything really well, then the sun sets as you reach the top and it's dark as you climb back down - Sydney skyline all lit up. Well worth the few extra $$$.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:14 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hels
I do love your crappy typing sometimes.....makes me laugh more than some of the best jokes told!!

I really need to fart poof reading, before eye submit the roast!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 10:31 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Rich:
Admiring Brisbane city at night from the South Bank, what a sight!
Downside: Packing to go home and watching the 'A' league of soccer, absolute chod!

Lynn:
Having the privilege to be accepted into a country that has so much going for it.

Kids:
Holding the chicks, feeding the kangaroos and stroking the koalas at the Lone Pine sanctuary.
The beaches at the Gold Coast.
And believe it or not, the schools that we visited.

Alex misses the football :0(
Old Dec 4th 2005, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Rich:
Admiring Brisbane city at night from the South Bank, what a sight!
Downside: Packing to go home and watching the 'A' league of soccer, absolute chod!

Lynn:
Having the privilege to be accepted into a country that has so much going for it.

Kids:
Holding the chicks, feeding the kangaroos and stroking the koalas at the Lone Pine sanctuary.
The beaches at the Gold Coast.
And believe it or not, the schools that we visited.

Alex misses the football :0(

awe u guys goin home already? bugga....hurry back

H
xx
Old Dec 4th 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steandleigh
We did the twilight bridge climb - it's getting dusky as you climb but still light enough to see everything really well, then the sun sets as you reach the top and it's dark as you climb back down - Sydney skyline all lit up. Well worth the few extra $$$.
Thanks I think we will, I really fancy that, sounds awesome!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 11:02 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Me: oooh, this has got my mind whirring.

Camping in Byron Bay, with this great bloke, walking the beach thinking, hmm, I like this man. Dear reader, I married him!

My first glimpse of Uluru.

Canoeing and camping in Katherine Gorge.

Breakfast on the beach at the weekend, still can't believe how lucky I am.

The wildlife - especially the birds in the garden.

Getting a hitch outside Coober Pedy after a good few hours in a ferocious sand blasting wind.

Seeing turtles.

Ed: Diving the Barrier Reef.

My son's first school christmas concert

My Son Finlay: the yoghurt!!!!!

So many more, it depends on the mood I'm in. Thanks for making me sit back and think for a few minutes.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

loving this thread, its great to read some non offensive, cheerful posts related to living in australia and enjoying it.

Keep em coming guys, reminds me why were putting ourselves through it
Old Dec 4th 2005, 11:30 pm

seeing a 200 year old loggerhead turtle just 5 metres away from our boat..............he was huge.............we all shouted.....DUUUUDE!!!!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

the stars .........
they are like just there - so close you could touch them, so bright & twinkly
we often go outside - stop , & look up at the stars - there is not a sound at all - looks fantastic

pootle26
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

The flight in to Sydney.
The amazing stars in the desert.
Byron.
Finding out I'd broken down on the doorstep of the only auto electricians for miles that had the only replacement part in the area. Priceless
Swimming in the Pool of Saloam in SA.
Great Ocean Road.
Byron again.
Millennium in Melbourne.
Christmas Day on Philip Island.
Ularu.
Coober Pedy (dunno why).
Did I mention Byron?

Scotty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.