Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with you people?????????

What's wrong with you people?????????

Old Oct 25th 2003, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

francesduggan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's wrong with you people?????????

I really wonder about the people who read and reply to this forum!!
If someone asks a serious question about wage scales or some other topic that is of a major concern ,the amount of replys is stunningly bad ,one maybe two at best.
If on the other hand ,a joke is posted or something inane , the torrent of replys would make your head spin.
On the last post I put up here ,I asked about something that concerned me ,parts of Brisbane to avoid at all costs,can you imagine getting to a new city and trying to find out the good and the bad areas to sink your life savings ,all I got was 1, yes ONE reply.On another post I said the amount of money I was taking and hoped for a guide to sort of lifestyle I would end up with ,I think I got 2 replys.
Don't get me wrong I have a sence of humour as good as the next guy,but for CHRIST sake ,will some one get their head out of the beer glass for two seconds ,think about what we are all trying to achieve here,an improvement in our lives ,for our familys and all who are important to each and all of us .
I'm just tired of the whingers who bitch about the length of time it is all taking to get approved,it takes ONE YEAR!! face up to it ,don't put your life on hold ,I'm re-training in a new career for the big move ,I know its going to take a year because thats what I was told .I'm not waiting to get to Australia to have a good life , I have a good life ,I'm hopeing to improve it ,that's all.
Please,save the funnies for the pub, and those who are willing to listen,and try to reply with a notion of how serious this all is .
If on the other hand ,this is like a hobby to you and keeps you happy ,well you have my sympathy.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 5:58 pm
Triple Expat!

JimInSomerset is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's wrong with you people?????????

Originally posted by francesduggan
If someone asks a serious question about wage scales or some other topic that is of a major concern ,the amount of replys is stunningly bad ,one maybe two at best.
If on the other hand ,a joke is posted or something inane , the torrent of replys would make your head spin.
On the last post I put up here ,I asked about something that concerned me ,parts of Brisbane to avoid at all costs,can you imagine getting to a new city and trying to find out the good and the bad areas to sink your life savings ,all I got was 1, yes ONE reply.On another post I said the amount of money I was taking and hoped for a guide to sort of lifestyle I would end up with ,I think I got 2 replys.
Don't get me wrong I have a sence of humour as good as the next guy,but for CHRIST sake ,will some one get their head out of the beer glass for two seconds ,think about what we are all trying to achieve here,an improvement in our lives ,for our familys and all who are important to each and all of us .
I'm just tired of the whingers who bitch about the length of time it is all taking to get approved,it takes ONE YEAR!! face up to it ,don't put your life on hold ,I'm re-training in a new career for the big move ,I know its going to take a year because thats what I was told .I'm not waiting to get to Australia to have a good life , I have a good life ,I'm hopeing to improve it ,that's all.
Please,save the funnies for the pub, and those who are willing to listen,and try to reply with a notion of how serious this all is .
If on the other hand ,this is like a hobby to you and keeps you happy ,well you have my sympathy.
Hmmm.. with that attitude I'm not surprised no one wants to talk to you!

LIGHTEN UP!
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:01 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi francesduggan,
I'm with Jim.

I can fit my next reply in, oh about 12 months when my visa is granted.

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:02 pm
WBB

are you finished????

oh well allow me to retort. (jules winfield 1994 )

this is the lifestyle and culture forum and deals with a wide range of subjects including JOKES and as the name suggests lifestyle and cultural concerns.

some of the people who use this forum regularly have been waiting for over a year and come here to check on others progress and to chat with friends that we have made while waiting for that magic envelope.

i have just looked at your previous 6 posts and it seems your questions were all answered and if i had been the one asking the questions i would of been happy with the answers given.

if you want a more serious immigration related forum then use the immigration one.

finally get down off your high horse nobody here owes you anything, you will do well to remember that.

Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:10 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Oh bless, they are going to eat you alive in here now!!! Good luck.

As for Brisbane suburbs..I for one never replied as I always think one mans idea of paradise is not anothers and hate to put an area down when some may like it. I do answer some questions if I am confident enough to reply with a credible reply. For most of the time I sit on the side lines.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

cam the man is an unknown quantity at this point

Lighten up a bit!

This is a forum for people who are in or about to go to Oz/NZ
to get to know not only about where they are going but also about getting to know a few folks who may help us settle in when we get/got there.

I don't post that often but enjoy the banter and "know" the folks on this forum. Some good, some bad but that is what it is about - the people.

Enjoy it a bit more.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:13 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Frances for your sympathy. it makes me very happy.
perhaps no one replied because they didnt know the answer? ever thought of that? I have posted several questions in the past and got no replies...I didnt take offence - I just presumed this was an area no-one knew about so I did further searches myself until I found what I was looking for and then posted the answer myself for anyone else who was interested. The threads do move very quickly on here - if you dont like the humour ignore it - so you have to keep posting your question back to the top; dont forget not everyone logs on everynight(altho it does seem like that!! me included) and they may be the ones who would know the answer.
there is a thingy on your 'my forum' page called an ignore list - put everyone on there you think is not taking it all 100% serious; might find theres no-one left...
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Frances...

Can i suggest a good book to take to Aus when you go??

"How To Win Friends And Influence People."
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:17 pm
WBB

well you certainly have a few answers this time.

Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:21 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

LoL

BTW Frances - what was the point of your post ?what was the burning question you needed answered ?
Oh wait there wasnt one was there !just a rant- mmmhhh prefer the jokes and banter to that kind of rubbish
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by welshboybilly

lol WBB That is just what I was going to say!! Lighten up Frances.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

francesduggan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rant today ,gone tomorrow

Just checking for nose bleeds,gee ,well at least I got a reply.
I did ask a question which I think is very important,how much money are you landing with in OZ???????
I'm not being nosey,but I'm wondering what kind of lifestyle I'm lightly to have with a start of 450k.
Hold on , I think thats a contract killer at the door ,back soon I HOPE.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 7:10 pm
WBB

Default Re: Rant today ,gone tomorrow

I did ask a question which I think is very important,how much money are you landing with in OZ???????
I'm not being nosey,but I'm wondering what kind of lifestyle I'm lightly to have with a start of 450k.
i see you do have a sense of humour then!!!!

450k are we talking £ or $ if the latter then you will have a good start if we are talking £ then you will be very comfy.

Old Oct 25th 2003, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Frances, where are you hoping to go and what do you expect tp do?
Old Oct 25th 2003, 7:11 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rant today ,gone tomorrow

Frances.....try searching for your answers using the search tool up the top there.

The reason certain types of posts don't get replies....is that they've been posted a hundred timed before, and you do get tired of typing the same thing out again and again......

And to asnwer your Q.....We will be landing with in the region of $35k.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.