Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats wrong with me, im obsessed

whats wrong with me, im obsessed

Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:48 pm
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future
Default whats wrong with me, im obsessed

its starting to tire me out.

i can not stop thinking about my move to oz.

i sit dreaming about it, i cant concentrate on things, its all i talk about, the only time i feel satisfied is on here.
i have constant butterflies, i sleep eat and dream about australia.
i feel constantly frustrated cus we cant sell the house, its the thing thats holding everything up.

i look at people in the street and at tesco thinking is this all you want from life a cold wet england, i think i need some kind of mental help or just cut all this out of my life for a while.

am i normal?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:51 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats wrong with me, im obsessed

Originally Posted by english-rose
its starting to tire me out.

i can not stop thinking about my move to oz.

i sit dreaming about it, i cant concentrate on things, its all i talk about, the only time i feel satisfied is on here.
i have constant butterflies, i sleep eat and dream about australia.
i feel constantly frustrated cus we cant sell the house, its the thing thats holding everything up.

i look at people in the street and at tesco thinking is this all you want from life a cold wet england, i think i need some kind of mental help or just cut all this out of my life for a while.

am i normal?
yes you are normal

yes
go and talk to someone about it...the GP may be

but you are normal

Last edited by why; Jan 7th 2008 at 1:52 pm. Reason: missed a bit
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=english-rose;5752545]its starting to tire me out.

understand your thoughts, just get on with dayto day life, everything falls into place if you prepare properly.

Dave
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:01 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Yes thats normal....ummm that's if i'm normal
I too cant stop looking things up on the net, searching flights etc.
We are waiting for the sale of our house to go through so cant book anything till we have a date, i am sure that once we do though it will all happen way too soon!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya,
totally normal.....its all i think about...

i was in a half sleep all last night cos Australia keeps wirling around in my mind...we havent even got our visas yet/

For 2 years its all we have spoke about and thought about, every morning the internet goes on to see if we have any emails from agent!!

you are so normal.

Nickie
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:05 pm
is hoping for the best

english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Yes thats normal....ummm that's if i'm normal
I too cant stop looking things up on the net, searching flights etc.
We are waiting for the sale of our house to go through so cant book anything till we have a date, i am sure that once we do though it will all happen way too soon!
oh thanks, yes we are in the same situation

i feel like shouting at the people that come to view ' just buy it for god sake'

kind of nice to know im not the only one.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:06 pm
is hoping for the best

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Hiya,
totally normal.....its all i think about...

i was in a half sleep all last night cos Australia keeps wirling around in my mind...we havent even got our visas yet/

For 2 years its all we have spoke about and thought about, every morning the internet goes on to see if we have any emails from agent!!

you are so normal.

Nickie

thanks nickie

i guess you just start to think that no-one else can be as bad as me, nice to know that theres others that feel like it too.
x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:10 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! But only becaise me saying you're normal makes me feel better!

We're not even applying for our visa until later this year but already I'm looking up property, food prices etc etc. I'm on here at lunchtime (and sometimes beyond ) every day at work. i've got a list of things to remember, stuff people pointed out on here and useful websites etc. I'm putting a 'well organised' spin on it but my OH thinks I'm going somewhat insane. And of course now that 'Wanted Down Under' is on I have him recording that for me every day too...haha!

If it's actually upsetting you (and it does me on occasion as I get very frudtrated being in London) just give yourself a break from it. Find something you love to do here, and do it! Don't allow youself to go on here for a few days, don't research stuff, read/do something totally un-Oz related and allow your poor addled brain to re-set.

Therese
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

We are EXACTLY the same, nice to know that its not just us two who are obsessed with it.

Praying we get the visa this week please, please, please !!!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:17 pm
is hoping for the best

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
We are EXACTLY the same, nice to know that its not just us two who are obsessed with it.

good luck, my fingers are crossed for you, me and everyone else on here that needs luck.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:18 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

i decided to come out here in 1985 when i heard "a land down under" by men at work........
i was obsessed with it for ages and the day i got the last bit of paper work was the best feeling ever.........
i have had lots of ups and downs and been backwards and forwards a bit...

the day i arrived in australia the second time felt like the worse thing i had ever done......but i am really happy now 10 years later
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

haha it's totally normal! I think because you are in such a state of limbo (we've ALL felt it) that it becomes an obsession, because until the day that big golden YES envelope turns up (that's how it work, right? like willy wonka) nothing has any RELEVANCE or SIGNIFICANCE! Trust me i've been like this for 2 years while i got the necessary work experience etc...

just hang in there, and never mind what you think about everyone in Tesco who is missing the big picture - more room and opportunity for those of us with the VISION! Of course i am slightly bitter as my ex didn't want to come, hence the break up. But i'm 25, life goes on!

Let's just get there. It's going to be worth the agonising wait.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by english-rose
good luck, my fingers are crossed for you, me and everyone else on here that needs luck.
thanks, karma to you as well
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ianhutch1

HIya, when was your paperwork sent off? our agent sent all our paperwork to adalaide on 3rd dec......dunno how long to wait!!

Nickie
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
HIya, when was your paperwork sent off? our agent sent all our paperwork to adalaide on 3rd dec......dunno how long to wait!!

Nickie
Our 457 was applied for at the beginning of October to Perth, we are one of the longest 457 waiters at 14 weeks tomorrow

Anyway, not wanting to take this off topic i'll leave that there and you can see our journey on the 457 thread in the immigration forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.