Reload this Page >

whats the worse thing about living in australia

whats the worse thing about living in australia

Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:27 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whats the worse thing about living in australia

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Or, in other words.... "All those bloody happy people in Australia, make it the worst place for you"
I am disturbed to learn that my joy at living here makes Campo unhappy.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I am disturbed to learn that my joy at living here makes Campo unhappy.
I think he's calling you a 'happy clapper'.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartacus
I think he's calling you a 'happy clapper'.
I prefer happy slapper
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I prefer a happy slapper
Tidied.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

So I'm not allowed to say the worst thing about living here is that my very best friends, who know me inside and out, aren't here with me? Because for me that is the worst thing about living here.

Other than that, i could add a few things but it's pointless really, we're all different after all. But I will anyway (hah!):

Travel: Everything is so far away and it's costly getting there. UK is a much better hub for travel.

None of the rolling hills and fields of crop with little villages with pubs and beer gardens and people walking their dogs, cows looking daft stood at a gate, canals with fishermen, church spires sticking up, and beautiful architecture from hundreds of years of development (think Bath etc). IE: the nice bits of england.

Shopping: clothes are generally a bit rubbish here unless you spend a lot.

Humour: Just something not quite the same. Banter not as good at work, tv comedy pathetic compared to things like Have I Got News for You.. in quiz shows they actually ANSWER the questions! Huh?! Some funny stuff of course.. Aussies are a laugh.

Just to reiterate, these are the things I miss from the UK which in turn are the "worst" things about living in Australia. Everything else about Australia is pretty much the same to be honest!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:54 am
Account Closed

camponotus is an unknown quantity at this point

Or, in other words.... "All those bloody happy people in Australia, make it the worst place for you"
Nothing wrong with being happy; have no issue with that. But this black & white thinking that people indulge in about Australia is my point; the implication that one place can be 99% perfect whilst the other is 99% rubbish. My own personal view is that, in reality, it's more of a 50/50 split, but so many people seem to HAVE to go down this Australia wonderful, UK crap line of thought. That's what gives me the shits. If you'll pardon the expression.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:03 am
Account Closed

camponotus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pacey
So I'm not allowed to say the worst thing about living here is that my very best friends, who know me inside and out, aren't here with me? Because for me that is the worst thing about living here.

Other than that, i could add a few things but it's pointless really, we're all different after all. But I will anyway (hah!):

Travel: Everything is so far away and it's costly getting there. UK is a much better hub for travel.

None of the rolling hills and fields of crop with little villages with pubs and beer gardens and people walking their dogs, cows looking daft stood at a gate, canals with fishermen, church spires sticking up, and beautiful architecture from hundreds of years of development (think Bath etc). IE: the nice bits of england.

Shopping: clothes are generally a bit rubbish here unless you spend a lot.

Humour: Just something not quite the same. Banter not as good at work, tv comedy pathetic compared to things like Have I Got News for You.. in quiz shows they actually ANSWER the questions! Huh?! Some funny stuff of course.. Aussies are a laugh.

Just to reiterate, these are the things I miss from the UK which in turn are the "worst" things about living in Australia. Everything else about Australia is pretty much the same to be honest!
You realise that, despite having made perfectly reasonable (and I believe accurate) points here, you're about to receive a childish retort from the Aussie apologists along the lines of the following:

Travel: I can go to loads of far-flung places in Asia that I previously couldn't hope to see whilst living in the UK. Bali is really near. The fact that Spain, Italy, France are all now thousands of miles away is entirely irrelevant to me.

Rolling hills etc: Der! Of course not! You're in Australia! You haven't got all the great things about Australia in England, have you, so what's the difference? Anyway, I'm tired of all those things, I don't miss them at all. I prefer the beach.

Shopping: Clothes are NO WORSE here than in England. I hate NEXT. It's rubbish. I prefer Target and Kmart.

Humour: Don't know what you're on about. Great banter where I work. All the Aussies I know are hilariously witty. Never liked Have I Got News For You anyway. In any case, crap TV obviously automatically makes you go out more and have a mega social life, so rejoice.

How painfully predictable.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pacey
None of the rolling hills and fields of crop with little villages with pubs and beer gardens and people walking their dogs, cows looking daft stood at a gate.
I do have these - but then, where I live is 99% perfect - apart from no Imperial Leather Foamburst
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Sunshinesammie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by camponotus
Bloody expats banging on about how wonderful Australia is and how they hope never to set foot in the UK again. That's the worse thing here. That and the Aussies who think they're in the 'best country in the world'.
Oh Camp, I would go back to the UK when I can get something out of the system no worries about that but only for about 2 months, you see I left the UK because ofpeople like you, your negativity is exactly what I found choking me, so I stand up and sing the national anthem with pride!!!! in oz I mean
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:39 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Crow
I do have these - but then, where I live is 99% perfect - apart from no Imperial Leather Foamburst
Your right there are plenty of places in OZ with green countryside and rolling hills with cows , especially in country areas along the coast, l live in a place like that.

Last edited by mohogony; Mar 6th 2009 at 5:41 am.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Sunshinesammie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mohogony
Your right there are plenty of places in OZ with green countryside and rolling hills with cows , especially in country areas along the coast, l live in a place like that.
I think Camp is jelalous hahaha. he saw the convict come good
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:49 am
ABCDiamond

My own personal view is that, in reality, it's more of a 50/50 split, but so many people seem to HAVE to go down this Australia wonderful, UK crap line of thought. That's what gives me the shits. If you'll pardon the expression.
But on the other side you get so many that say: "UK is wonderful, and Australia is crap". That seems to give some others the same s***s that you get, and sort of brings out the response from many, to quote it the other way.
These extreme comments also seem about 50/50.

Personally I have no real feeling on the UK, other than it is too far away from the places I want to be, and Australia is closer.
Oh, and the weather of course, I do like the weather in Australia. Not more than 33C, and not under 20C, in summer.

Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

But on the other side you get so many that say: "UK is wonderful, and Australia is crap". That seems to give some others the same s***s that you get, and sort of brings out the response from many, to quote it the other way.
These extreme comments also seem about 50/50.

Personally I have no real feeling on the UK, other than it is too far away from the places I want to be, and Australia is closer.
Oh, and the weather of course, I do like the weather in Australia. Not more than 33C, and not under 20C, in summer.
Your summer is a bit different to other peoples - in the south i.e Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, it can be more a case of 'not more than 43C, and not under 20C!
For it to be never be more than 33C would be wonderful....
In fact both Melbourne and Adelaide had extreme temps of 46C this year. A sign of things to come????
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:25 am
Account Closed

You realise that, despite having made perfectly reasonable (and I believe accurate) points here, you're about to receive a childish retort from the Aussie apologists along the lines of the following:

Travel: I can go to loads of far-flung places in Asia that I previously couldn't hope to see whilst living in the UK. Bali is really near. The fact that Spain, Italy, France are all now thousands of miles away is entirely irrelevant to me.

Rolling hills etc: Der! Of course not! You're in Australia! You haven't got all the great things about Australia in England, have you, so what's the difference? Anyway, I'm tired of all those things, I don't miss them at all. I prefer the beach.

Shopping: Clothes are NO WORSE here than in England. I hate NEXT. It's rubbish. I prefer Target and Kmart.

Humour: Don't know what you're on about. Great banter where I work. All the Aussies I know are hilariously witty. Never liked Have I Got News For You anyway. In any case, crap TV obviously automatically makes you go out more and have a mega social life, so rejoice.

How painfully predictable.
coming from someone whose every post on this site is almost exactly the same regurgitated bile, painfully predictable is exactly how I would describe your offerings
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
Your summer is a bit different to other peoples - in the south i.e Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, it can be more a case of 'not more than 43C, and not under 20C!
For it to be never be more than 33C would be wonderful....
In fact both Melbourne and Adelaide had extreme temps of 46C this year. A sign of things to come????
Yeah, I know

Hence one of the reasons I really like it here, but so many people can't comprehend that there are massive differences in different parts of Australia, and do not believe that someone can be happy in Australia.

I do admit I did borrow from them slightly, and "generalised" with my last comment about the weather in "Australia".
I hope that most sensible people realised that it isn't the same everywhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.