Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats the worse thing about living in australia

whats the worse thing about living in australia

Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the worse thing about living in australia

but then I'm a gorgeous bloke !![/QUOTE]

That'd be the secret to your success I'm sure. All the best.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
I think that they are very friendly in the cities and bigger towns, but are downright unfriendly in the rural areas.

And before anybody jumps down my throat I was discussing this exact thing this morning with an aussie workmate and he agreed with me 100%

Perhaps the male/aussie female dynamic is different. My accent is certainly popular with the Aussie male but an annoyance to the women.[/QUOTE]

maybe something to do with the red bra and blue pants u wear ????
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BATS666
Perhaps the male/aussie female dynamic is different. My accent is certainly popular with the Aussie male but an annoyance to the women.
maybe something to do with the red bra and blue pants u wear ????[/QUOTE]

Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

maybe something to do with the red bra and blue pants u wear ????
[/QUOTE]

what's happened to the quoting between you two

Anyway, to be honest i found the aussie woman to be abit butch. The young girls were stunning though.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Wales, etc... I'm not sure why people need to label Aussies

I assume you are American MartinLuther ??
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Also we were told that australia people r so friendly (not all of them) thats def wrong (watch the posts i get for this lol)

I find Australian women to be the unfriendliest I've ever had the misfortune to meet. [/QUOTE]

Another urban myth perhaps?Coming from a male perspective found this to be sort of true..being unfriendly..but really more than they make little effort to meet half way...and of course a lot are simplistic and superficial to boot.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Having the inlaws stay for 2 months

And no Imperial Leather Foam Burst
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:08 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
And no Imperial Leather Foam Burst
Was it the citrus one you found in the bathroom cupboard?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:14 am
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommypoofta
Probably tht the shops dont open on sundays and i find it hard to find things to do!!
oh no!
why did you have to remind me of that!
now i'm depressed!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:19 am
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
what's happened to the quoting between you two

Anyway, to be honest i found the aussie woman to be abit butch. The young girls were stunning though.[/QUOTE]

oy!
i take offence at that one!

a bit butch!???

i certainly am not, and neither is any other aussie women i know! (apart from my hairy underarms atm, but thats not the norm just have no razors, have to remember to buy some but busy with the move atm, if you know what i mean! oh and legs, got to sort the legs out too...but certainly not butch!)
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:20 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I find most Australian women very friendly to me. In Sydney and here on the coast. Brisbane I found them very unfriendly where I lived (Brookfield) until you knew them then they were ok. At work they were all quite friendly.

I find them just a bit strange though, they dont get my humour usually. All very nice but not really fun. My best friend though here is Australian and we have got used to each other.

Vivienne
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Was it the citrus one you found in the bathroom cupboard?
I really can't remember - the excitment completely took over
I get two more on Sunday
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:27 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
I assume you are American MartinLuther ??
How so?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
How so?
well either that or you can't spell !
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:28 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jond
I find Australian women to be the unfriendliest I've ever had the misfortune to meet.

I think that they are very friendly in the cities and bigger towns, but are downright unfriendly in the rural areas.

And before anybody jumps down my throat I was discussing this exact thing this morning with an aussie workmate and he agreed with me 100%[/QUOTE]

Aah, that's the trump card, 1 out of 20 odd million Aussies agrees so it must be true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.