Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats a upvc window fitter called in australia

Wikiposts

Whats a upvc window fitter called in australia

Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

nicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to all
Default Whats a upvc window fitter called in australia

Hi,

My husband is a upvc window fitter/ glazier and i cant find any mention of it on any job cites. Therefore thought they may be given a different name in australia (hoping may be more appropriate), since if they have the same title then there is no work for him and i will be the only one working.
Going to coffs harbour NSW.

Thanks

Nicky
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:31 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats a upvc window fitter called in australia

Originally Posted by nicky m
Hi,

My husband is a upvc window fitter/ glazier and i cant find any mention of it on any job cites. Therefore thought they may be given a different name in australia (hoping may be more appropriate), since if they have the same title then there is no work for him and i will be the only one working.
Going to coffs harbour NSW.

Thanks

Nicky
Have you looked on www.abs,gov.au?
What about GLAZIER?
OR.... "4982-11 Flat Glass Tradesperson"....?
Old Jun 28th 2006, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future

unemployed
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

mmm.....window fitter ?
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chaval
mmm.....window fitter ?
hi, i have been working on building sites for almost the last year and there is no upvc windows here, not in vic anyway. no one makes them like the uk here
Old Jun 28th 2006, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by robert cowan
hi, i have been working on building sites for almost the last year and there is no upvc windows here, not in vic anyway. no one makes them like the uk here
Actually there are upvc double glazed windows distributed in Victoria and with the new 5 star energy ratings they can only become more popular. There is a home inovations place in Mornington and a company is promoting upvc windows in there. As Victoria is quite cold in the winter I can see a big boom in the sales of double glazing as everyone catches on, however I dont think it will be overnight. The situation here at the moment is probably the same as it was in the UK just before the upvc boom so to speak and it will happen.

Andy
Old Jun 28th 2006, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Also, although someone puts the windows in, I'm not convinced that they are "fitted" as most seem to have the obligatory 1cm gap all the way around to ensure that fresh air quality and to bring the outdoors in !!!!!!!! Good old aussie quality eh ?
Old Jun 28th 2006, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

why u need windows for ?
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Izzy
Also, although someone puts the windows in, I'm not convinced that they are "fitted" as most seem to have the obligatory 1cm gap all the way around to ensure that fresh air quality and to bring the outdoors in !!!!!!!! Good old aussie quality eh ?
lol
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andy thomas
Actually there are upvc double glazed windows distributed in Victoria and with the new 5 star energy ratings they can only become more popular. There is a home inovations place in Mornington and a company is promoting upvc windows in there. As Victoria is quite cold in the winter I can see a big boom in the sales of double glazing as everyone catches on, however I dont think it will be overnight. The situation here at the moment is probably the same as it was in the UK just before the upvc boom so to speak and it will happen.

Andy
we had to have double glazed windows in our new house for the 5 star energy ratings but they are not upvc. the glazed unit is like the ones you got in the uk 20 or so years ago 4mm gap.it is an improvement but they have a long way to go.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:59 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

A friend of mine has just won a licence to manufacture upvc units to Perth, there will definitely be a demand for these as houses get pretty cold in the winter, as I am sure many will confirm.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:38 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Let me think ........oh yes it's a ......." LABOUER ".......!
Old Jun 29th 2006, 11:13 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by the plumber
Let me think ........oh yes it's a ......." LABOUER ".......!
Is that french for labourer
Old Jun 29th 2006, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

non-existent
Old Jun 29th 2006, 2:46 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert cowan
we had to have double glazed windows in our new house for the 5 star energy ratings but they are not upvc. the glazed unit is like the ones you got in the uk 20 or so years ago 4mm gap.it is an improvement but they have a long way to go.
I have upvc windows, there are a few companies that do them They are different to UK ones though

Try these

http://www.artwindows.com.au/

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Products/uPVC-Windows

http://www.infolink.com.au/Companies...ed-PVC-Windows

Last edited by hevs; Jun 29th 2006 at 2:49 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.