British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/whats-temperature-weather-like-where-you-now-684531/)

PaulandNic Sep 13th 2010 10:18 am

Re: What's the Temperature where you are now?

Oh and...

Currently 19C with 72% humidity.

DeadVim Sep 13th 2010 10:22 am

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 8844447)
28C predicted for me tomorrow. That means it'll prob get to 40C in my garden ... :rofl:

I read an interview with a guy that calls his study room "Ipswich" ... it's 5 degrees cooler than anywhere else in the house in winter and 5 degrees warmer in summer ... made me laugh anyway 'cos we seem to share the Ipswich 'climate' ... anyway, back to normal programming ...

PaulandNic Sep 13th 2010 11:27 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 8844459)
I read an interview with a guy that calls his study room "Ipswich" ... it's 5 degrees cooler than anywhere else in the house in winter and 5 degrees warmer in summer ... made me laugh anyway 'cos we seem to share the Ipswich 'climate' ... anyway, back to normal programming ...

I know the temps you see are general I guess for the area, but it's ALWAYS hotter in me garden, always has been, prob always will be!

fish.01 Sep 13th 2010 11:39 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 8840556)
Yup, the lyrca mob are a menace ... i guess adding a bell to the thing just weighs it down too much? Maybe the aerodynamics would suffer ...

Then again some pedestrians don't help by stringing themselves out across the cycle lane.

AND then there are the commuters with the doggage, luggage on wheels ... tossers.

AND then <medication kicks in, drifts off>

You ever tried ringing a bicycle bell when approaching people from behind...they either jump straight into your path or give you a dirty look...the odd one swears and gives the finger....lot safer just to dodge them :eek:

milly123 Sep 13th 2010 12:16 pm

Well here in the south of little old Adelaide, its rain rain and more rain, with a temp about 12, heating on high as it has been for the last 3mths. :)

DeadVim Sep 13th 2010 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 8844585)
I know the temps you see are general I guess for the area, but it's ALWAYS hotter in me garden, always has been, prob always will be!

And so may it always be :)

Originally Posted by fish.01 (Post 8844607)
You ever tried ringing a bicycle bell when approaching people from behind...they either jump straight into your path or give you a dirty look...the odd one swears and gives the finger....lot safer just to dodge them :eek:

I do pedal occasionally but lycra-clad I do not be ...

Originally Posted by milly123 (Post 8844669)
Well here in the south of little old Adelaide, its rain rain and more rain, with a temp about 12, heating on high as it has been for the last 3mths. :)

Bloody nice here, in shorts so I am, heating?! What that? :)

PaulandNic Sep 13th 2010 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 8844806)
heating?! What that? :)

That would be that thing that warmed you up when you was back in blighty.

18C with 86% humidity as we speak.

DeadVim Sep 13th 2010 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 8845887)
That would be that thing that warmed you up when you was back in blighty.

18C with 86% humidity as we speak.

I thought that was whiskey ... 'tis a splendid morning, shame it has to be interrupted by the school run and a day at work ... :frown:

PaulandNic Sep 14th 2010 12:13 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 8845961)
I thought that was whiskey ... 'tis a splendid morning, shame it has to be interrupted by the school run and a day at work ... :frown:

Along with that ... :)

Yeah why do they have to go spoiling it all the time ... :(

Currently 24C on the coast.

steve`o Sep 14th 2010 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 8833668)
Family has been here less than a week and they're already complaining that it's only 20 degs C outside at 8:45 pm.

It was 23 degs C this morning at 8:30 am, which for me is ideal. :thumbup:

I know the south of Oz is cold still, but it would be good to know how hot or cold it is where you are.

26 and overcast today

moneypenny20 Sep 14th 2010 7:57 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 8846643)
26 and overcast today

Bit of a chill in the air as well. Wasn't the best.

PaulandNic Sep 14th 2010 8:21 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8846816)
Bit of a chill in the air as well. Wasn't the best.

No I was led to believe it would reach 28C today but I didn't see it. Plenty of cloud and even had the wipers goin at one point ... :eek:

Sherlock Holmes Sep 15th 2010 2:19 am

Originally Posted by milly123 (Post 8844669)

7 again this morning. It was 15 just now but it has just pissed down with rain again so back to 12. Bugger. This is a LONG winter. Thank god for UK style central heating (and the ability to install it!)

Wendy Sep 15th 2010 2:44 am

14.9c in Adelaide City right now. Bit overcast and showers expected this afternoon.

More of the same for the next 7 days :( I am beginning to think that the person who updates the BOM site has just found out how to copy and paste :sneaky:

PaulandNic Sep 15th 2010 3:50 am

Currently 26C on the Gold Coast, prob a touch warmer in Brissie and my garden will be on fire right about now.