Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Old Nov 22nd 2015, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
I tip my hat off to you madam We went over Mt Mee in the car tother week and that was bad enuff !
Haha, thanks, but all I did was sit on the back of the bike and enjoy the scenery and the breakfast - S's daughter and her boyfriend on the other hand were truly brave. They've only just got their bike licenses and had only picked up their bikes this weekend and tacked the mountains first up, very impressive.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan
Not too bad a day here in bonnie Scotland. (Now been back home 6 years and 2 days)

Not been on here for a while - my status says 28 months ago....
Rather you than me.

A warm 30 degs here today. Summer's coming.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Storm just about to hit Brisbane.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.loop.shtml
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 8:31 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan
Not too bad a day here in bonnie Scotland. (Now been back home 6 years and 2 days)

Not been on here for a while - my status says 28 months ago....
Wow, you're a very welcome blast from the past! How have you been? I hope you and your family are happy

As for us late arrivals: we have been living in Australia for 5 years (almost to the day) now.

The weather where I am right now? Well, its a bright warm sunny day here in Cape Town.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 11:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Storm just about to hit Brisbane.

128 km Brisbane (Mt Stapylton) Radar Loop
Hail dropped by that storm earlier in the afternoon at Stanthorpe.
Attached Thumbnails What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?-stanthorpe.png  
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 12:00 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

For any Brisbanites who haven't come across this yet - Brisbane Early Warning Alert Service | Brisbane City Council

Brisbane City Council has partnered with the Early Warning Network (EWN) to provide Brisbane households with free severe weather alerts. The alerts are location-based, so you only receive warnings if your residential address may be impacted.

Alerts are sent by:

email
SMS (optional)
recorded message to your landline (optional)
If you choose both the SMS and landline options, only extreme alerts will be sent to your landline.

Note 1 - some other towns and cities run similar alert systems so worth checking for your local one.

Note 2 - this is separate from the national Emergency Alert warning systemwhich is used by State Govts for extreme emergencies such as bushfires and tsunamis - you cannot opt out of that one and your phone will get the messages without you having to sign up.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hail dropped by that storm earlier in the afternoon at Stanthorpe.
Wonder what they're doing with it

I raced home on my pushy tonight to beat the storm as the sky looked ominous and then the bloody thing petered out, typical
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 3:36 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by fish.01

I raced home on my pushy tonight to beat the storm as the sky looked ominous and then the bloody thing petered out, typical
Remember the days when people like me who worked in petrol stations had a special button that added the magic 1/2p after you'd tried so hard to get a round £10 worth? Well I brought the button with me when I moved, and now use it to stop the storms just when everyone has rushed about getting ready for them
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fish.01

Well, the second one got to us. A huge strike of lightning so close I jumped out of my skin. A fair bit of rain too.
Old Nov 24th 2015, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Worse storms to come from Thursday...

South East QLD warned for the worst storms this season! - Higgins Storm Chasing
Old Nov 24th 2015, 5:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

HSC are normally pretty spot on.
Old Nov 24th 2015, 8:30 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
HSC are normally pretty spot on.
I won't repeat what the Bureau say about him!

He uses their products and then scaremongers a lot, that's the main issue with him. The problem then is that when there really IS a dangerous storm cell there is no way of getting over to people that its more serious than normal.
Must admit we do monitor his stuff at work though, if only to read some of the inane comments like "what time next Tuesday will it rain in Gympie?"

There's also a spoof facebook page, HSC for dummies, which did rather well when Mr Higgins decided to ask people to donate cash to him so he could give up work and chase storms..........the mickey taking was hilarious!

But yes, could be some serious storms to come

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 24th 2015 at 8:32 am.
Old Nov 24th 2015, 12:13 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

So better to hit the beach over the next two days and then brace for the incoming rain?

Crickey, I have the inlaws over so need to make the most of the outdoors...
Old Nov 24th 2015, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by astera
So better to hit the beach over the next two days and then brace for the incoming rain?

Crickey, I have the inlaws over so need to make the most of the outdoors...
I think they were out by a few days, last time. I hope the weekend is ok.
Old Nov 24th 2015, 8:49 pm
Home and Happy

I think they were out by a few days, last time. I hope the weekend is ok.
We are certainly expecting tomorrow and Friday to be unstable (ie stormy) but the troughs causing it could move a lot by the weekend so I ouldn't like to go further ahead than that for sure.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.