Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:25 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the Temperature where you are now?

14 Time to cut the grass.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

27 @ 11.00
down to the beach
Old Oct 9th 2010, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mulben
27 @ 11.00
down to the beach
Can we swap places? I am very tempted to jump on a plane, head west and get some much needed sun. It is unbelievably cloudy and grey here - very depressing
Old Oct 9th 2010, 3:52 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GreenMan72
Can we swap places? I am very tempted to jump on a plane, head west and get some much needed sun. It is unbelievably cloudy and grey here - very depressing
Hate to say it but know what you mean.

QLD and it's 300 days of sunshine! ...

Tempted to do a 'How full is your pool' thread as mine can't get no fuller with all this rainfall ...
Old Oct 9th 2010, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

Tempted to do a 'How full is your pool' thread as mine can't get no fuller with all this rainfall ...
Yeah have heard about all the rain up in QLD - here it just seems to be a never ending grey blanket of cloud but without the rain (and it feels cold as well). So far this month, we've averaged just 3.4 hours of sun/day and that excludes today which looks like it'll end with a big fat 0 .

I've seen a few web sites that bang on about 300 days of sun in Sydney as well . I guess it is true if you consider any sun at all to be a "sunny" day. Typical overstated c^ap huh...Sorry for the whinging, grey days do this to me.....

Apparently we are being double hit by La Nina and an Indian Ocean effect:

http://www.news.com.au/major-wet-sea...-1225932545396

Might be a good time to take advantage of the strong dollar and seek out sunnier pastures (if that is your thing).
Old Oct 9th 2010, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by GreenMan72
Might be a good time to take advantage of the strong dollar and seek out sunnier pastures (if that is your thing).
In another life I had holidays ...

Oh whinge whinge whinge! ... amazing what rain and grey does to ya!

18C with 80% humidity.

Wood burner firing back up is currently being considered ...
Old Oct 9th 2010, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

About 3cm from overflowing.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

In another life I had holidays ...

Oh whinge whinge whinge! ... amazing what rain and grey does to ya!

18C with 80% humidity.

Wood burner firing back up is currently being considered ...
Back from the beach - water is a bit cool still http://www.nearmap.com/

if the wind doesn't get up will still get 30c this afternoon
Old Oct 9th 2010, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Some rain on it's way for you over there. About time too!
Old Oct 9th 2010, 5:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
About 3cm from overflowing.
Mine's as high as it goes. Must have some overflow built in as no matter how much falls, it don't go above the slabs round the edge ...

Enjoy! ...
Old Oct 9th 2010, 6:16 am
Account Closed

That is such a good site, thanks a lot! ...

Absolutely love the quality of the shots, let alone how you can just jump back a few years to prev scans at a click!

Now that's what my neighbours garden REALLY looks like! ...
Old Oct 9th 2010, 7:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The temperature now is piggin chilly. We have the wood burner going Pool overflowing, tank overflowing down into the creek, wind picking up, seriously not great today.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The temperature now is piggin chilly. We have the wood burner going Pool overflowing, tank overflowing down into the creek, wind picking up, seriously not great today.
I think I've already acclimatized to the Qld weather. Got the doors & windows closed.

In Eng I would have the windows and doors open. Hasn't got above 20 degs all day today.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
We have the wood burner going
If it wasn't for the fact that i've stock piled the remainder of our wood for next year (out in the rain), i'd def of fired the thing up. Nic says she can't dry any of the clothes so is using the tumble dryer side of the machine, for the first time in years!
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

ProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond repute

It started off promising here today with a fair bit of sun in the morning. The temperature got up to 14C at lunchtime but then thick low cloud rolled in and the afternoon was cold and miserable and 12C for most of it.

Tomorrow should be much better. 25C in Melbourne and probably around 21C here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.