Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Originally Posted by willmore
LOL - well october isnt the best time to be in medicine hat - you probably had snow that time of yer - spring and summer are great times though....
It was bloody freezing. I was told it was "colder than a polar bears pyjama's". That saying is about the one thing I've kept from my time in Canada.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry

It's calmer here - just cold. I was thinking of taking the boys to the snow but if it carries on like this there'll be no need to because the snow will come to us

How's barmy Brissie?
12 degrees this morning, should get to 20+ later today. Nice and sunny and a bit breezy.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I thought they changed that slogan last year to.....
"Beautiful one day, underwater the next"
That's Soooooooooo last year! Things have moved on.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:33 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

It's about 3 degrees ATM. Not sure where the weather forecaster gets -6 from. Never experienced it as low as that.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:34 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

It was supposed to have been 5 degrees here in Brisbane last night and I can believe it. The problem is houses arent designed for the cold even though we get a good few months when it is cold. It can be anything up to 10 degrees colder in the house and takes hours to warm up, yesterday the house was cold all day and it was lovely outside. I read a couple of weeks ago in the paper that it was leading to an increase in cold related health problems.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:35 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

My brother lives near Goulburn and in the middle of winter they have a frost almost every morning and temps well below zero.

Originally Posted by paulry
It's about 3 degrees ATM. Not sure where the weather forecaster gets -6 from. Never experienced it as low as that.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:59 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
My brother lives near Goulburn and in the middle of winter they have a frost almost every morning and temps well below zero.
I must just be in a warmer part of town. The sub zero temps are predicted for Canberra airport and I'm inner north. Had some heavy frosts lately, I'm so glad we accidently brought our windscreen ice scraper.

Gonna freeze my balls off on the motorbike shortly Basic training for the ride to Sydney next week
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
...and they will keep moving on, right up to the point where the Summer storms start again and then we will have to put up with another of bleating from QLD.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...and they will keep moving on, right up to the point where the Summer storms start again and then we will have to put up with another of bleating from QLD.
Was no storm during the floods...I got sunburnt
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fish.01
You don't get summer storms in nsw ?
We do... but we don't whinge so much about getting wet feet and then expect the rest of the country to pay for new socks.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:28 am
Banned

Humidity
Old Jul 9th 2011, 3:33 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
12 degrees this morning, should get to 20+ later today. Nice and sunny and a bit breezy.

Warming up from a low of Minus 3.3 this morning ...
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60...01.95575.shtml

Looking forward to a spectacular day of cricket tomorrow, if anyone spots me on here after midnight under the suspicion of boozing then please tell me to go to bed
Old Jul 9th 2011, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Warming up from a low of Minus 3.3 this morning ...
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60...01.95575.shtml

Looking forward to a spectacular day of cricket tomorrow, if anyone spots me on here after midnight under the suspicion of boozing then please tell me to go to bed
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60...01.94576.shtml
Old Jul 9th 2011, 4:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Positively balmy, amazing the difference a little bit of distance makes.

Going to be toasty by the fire later ...
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

One word : Freezing

Maitland NSW 11c Clear blue skys very cold wind
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LINDZI
One word : Freezing

Maitland NSW 11c Clear blue skys very cold wind
Very similar here as well.

Currently at Albion Park
Temperature 10.3°C
Dew Point 1.2°C
Feels Like 6.2°C
Relative Humidity 53%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.