Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's so good about Australia?

What's so good about Australia?

Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's so good about Australia?

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Did the British kids pick on you? Make you cry?
Boo, hoo, hoo! Little buggers!
1st line of post #196 tells you all you need to know
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

He must be of Boer descent.
My mother was Czech, Irish
My father was Welsh
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
PM me the proof please Zulu.
I tried to take a picture with my phone in the bogs a minute ago, but I could'nt fit it all into the picture so you'll have to take Mrs Zulu's word for it
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Onthou man,Vroue het nooit die waarheid vertel.......well most anyways.
For sure
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Don't recall where aussietobe was from in UK,but remember a lot of folk that live in other parts do have some odd ideas about London and Londoners.
Some folk being frightened to travel there thinking there is a mugger around every corner,for example.
Once went on a football trip to Rome. The one Londoner in the team refused to come - why? "He didn't like Italians"
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Once went on a football trip to Rome. The one Londoner in the team refused to come - why? "He didn't like Italians"
Quite. That would explain aussietobes concern then.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh one of those people who stand on the walking side of the tube escalators...
Tube terrorists..always well placed for a well directed elbow.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:55 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

As NINKs (no income, no kids) London is an absolute rush compared to Australia. Oz reminds me a little of a holiday resort - all very nice, clean, modern and sunny but with no soul.
This reminds me of my latest theory on which individuals are more likely to have an overall positive attitude to Australia:

if you like holidays in the sun, lying by the pool or on the beach you are more likely to love Australia; on the other hand, if you like city breaks or touring type holidays, you are more likely to dislike Australia.

So far my statistical pool is limited to about 5 people but as soon as it gets to 50 000 I will be publishing a paper on it.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Boo, hoo, hoo! Little buggers!
1st line of post #196 tells you all you need to know
Yeah but I'm after a shitfight...
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

My father was Welsh
So your Dad was British then that makes you half British...
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

So your Dad was British then that makes you half British...
Er, I was born in Zambia.
I could be wrong, but I think that's in Africa.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Er, I was born in Zambia.
I could be wrong, but I think that's in Africa.
That's just geography. It's the genes that count and by your own admission, half your genes are British.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustBecause
This reminds me of my latest theory on which individuals are more likely to have an overall positive attitude to Australia:

if you like holidays in the sun, lying by the pool or on the beach you are more likely to love Australia; on the other hand, if you like city breaks or touring type holidays, you are more likely to dislike Australia.

So far my statistical pool is limited to about 5 people but as soon as it gets to 50 000 I will be publishing a paper on it.
I would add a "but" about those who like sunworshipping - in Australia it is sometimes too hot to enjoy that sort of activity/holiday, and the awareness about skin cancer, eye problems and seeing the aging effects of sunworshipping, somewhat takes the gloss off this type of lifestyle.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

That's just geography. It's the genes that count and by your own admission, half your genes are British.
Shitfight ain't gonna happen today
#196 applies

Later dude
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:42 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

My father was Welsh
So should we be calling you 'Jones the engineer' from now on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.