Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's that smell?? Oh yeah, it's our visa just over the horizon!!

What's that smell?? Oh yeah, it's our visa just over the horizon!!

Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:01 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default What's that smell?? Oh yeah, it's our visa just over the horizon!!

Can almost smell it now, we're that close!!

Sponsor went for interview with Centrelink early this week, all OK. Has just lodged the bond with commonwealth bank, all OK.

The thought that we have 'actually' made it this far without being told to 'go away and stop dreaming', is unreal!!!

Looks like we may have our visa in a fortnight or so!!!

Have had to have police checks re-done as we had the initial ones in March, which would only give us til March 06 to validate. We were hoping not to have to do a validation trip and use the money towards actually going instead! This should give us a nice extension to save like buggery (no house for sale here i'm afraid except C's folks house......no luck with selling that but are now going to take off market due to the crazy route we have to go down to get them into Oz as well)!!

I'm soooooo excited, anyone loan us around £10K so that we can go as soon as visa is granted and not have to live like hermits for next year saving?
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:34 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's that smell?? Oh yeah, it's our visa just over the horizon!!

Oh wow I soooooooooooooooo hope you get good news quickly! What a fantastic Christmas pressie!

K on its way for a speedy delivery!
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ

Sponsor went for interview with Centrelink early this week, all OK. Has just lodged the bond with commonwealth bank, all OK.

The thought that we have 'actually' made it this far without being told to 'go away and stop dreaming', is unreal!!!

Have had to have police checks re-done as we had the initial ones in March, which would only give us til March 06 to validate. We were hoping not to have to do a validation trip and use the money towards actually going instead! This should give us a nice extension to save like buggery (no house for sale here i'm afraid except C's folks house......no luck with selling that but are now going to take off market due to the crazy route we have to go down to get them into Oz as well)!!

I'm soooooo excited, anyone loan us around £10K so that we can go as soon as visa is granted and not have to live like hermits for next year saving?

Good luck. Hope you hear some good news real soon.

Tracey
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Unhappy Re: What's that smell?? Oh yeah, it's our visa just over the horizon!!

Hi there your a bit like us we are getting sponsored by my husbands brother but he does nt have to put any money down they just have to pay any bills we might acumilate over the 2 years if we ever got into money diffulculties (which we won t let happen). Plus we only bought our house last year so we won t have any capital in our house at all as prices have gone down!!! How much are you planning on taking we re baffled we just don t know do you think £10k will be enough?
Old Nov 5th 2005, 8:45 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi there your a bit like us we are getting sponsored by my husbands brother but he does nt have to put any money down they just have to pay any bills we might acumilate over the 2 years if we ever got into money diffulculties (which we won t let happen). Plus we only bought our house last year so we won t have any capital in our house at all as prices have gone down!!! How much are you planning on taking we re baffled we just don t know do you think £10k will be enough?
Hi Ormrod...

This baffled us aswell for a while....(not hard)

We decided 10K seemed a good figure...we are simple folk and hard workers so dont see that we should need much more.

So long as we have enough to rent for a couple of months, buy food, pay bills and buy a couple of cheap old bangers to start, we figured we'd get jobs pretty soon .....so our income would then take the place of our savings.....

Would then spend the next few years working up to the standard of living we have now!
Old Nov 5th 2005, 9:02 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Good luck for getting news soon
Old Nov 5th 2005, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Hi Ormrod...

This baffled us aswell for a while....(not hard)

We decided 10K seemed a good figure...we are simple folk and hard workers so dont see that we should need much more.

So long as we have enough to rent for a couple of months, buy food, pay bills and buy a couple of cheap old bangers to start, we figured we'd get jobs pretty soon .....so our income would then take the place of our savings.....

Would then spend the next few years working up to the standard of living we have now!
Yeah thats what we figured i thought it would be plenty i was thinking if you spend more than that then we must be wasting it away we are planning like everyone to try and get a job as soon as possible then what we have left would go towards house things in the rented accomodation.