Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats a sleep out

Whats a sleep out

Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Whats a sleep out

Been looking at property in the Gold coast and I see a lot of homes have a sleep out, can anyone tell me what this is.

Thanks Guys
Sharon
x
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:07 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats a sleep out

Originally Posted by shabee
Been looking at property in the Gold coast and I see a lot of homes have a sleep out, can anyone tell me what this is.

Thanks Guys
Sharon
x
Usually a verandah at the back of the house that has been enclosed to make another bedroom
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:04 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Or an entirely separate "cabin" - glorified garden shed type thing at the bottom of the garden. Our kids slept in one in New Zealand when we were on holiday and it was like an extra room attached to the detached garage. Great for keeping their noise and mess away from the rest of us!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
Or an entirely separate "cabin" - glorified garden shed type thing at the bottom of the garden. Our kids slept in one in New Zealand when we were on holiday and it was like an extra room attached to the detached garage. Great for keeping their noise and mess away from the rest of us!
or for putting the visitors in when you've had enough of them
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:17 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

a sleepout is when hubby comes home from the pub pished....you lock the door and he has to sleep out lol
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys
Sharon
x
In WA it's a lean-to attached to the main dwelling; it usually has a colourbond roof to weather it......... and it's usually been bricked in and has sliding windows, or just plain old fly-screen.

In older type houses in WA; chances are such an addition has not been initially approved by the relevant Council authority so if you are buying anything with a sleep-out as an attraction in the marketing blurb......... it makes good sense to insert the clause re Council approval.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:56 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys
Sharon
x
as per comment #2, plus often it will be long and narrow and sometimes have quite a low/slopey ceiling......not always good bedroom material.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by biggy
a sleepout is when hubby comes home from the pub pished....you lock the door and he has to sleep out lol

Thanks you lot, thats answered that question.

you are all great!
Sharon
x
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

p l d k is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was when you arrive in Oz and find that you cant afford the spiralling rental prices and generally poor availability, especially gold coast.