Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's a sensible price to pay?

What's a sensible price to pay?

Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default What's a sensible price to pay?

Hi folks

Our ideal plan is to spend the first 4 weeks in a furnished 2 bed property near brisbane. We then hope to spend this time checking out preferred areas in order to get a long term unfurnished place. BUT, after having spent some time checking out areas and longer term unfurnished rentals - everything furnished looks so expensive!

We've sort of lost track of what is a decent price to pay! I've searched all through the old posts on here about unfurnished rentals but prices vary so much We're looking at renting somewhere central, west towards ferny grove or up to 10km north of the CBD.

How much is a realistic price ? I know this will vary person to person but really would appreciate your opinions
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:39 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's a sensible price to pay?

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Hi folks

Our ideal plan is to spend the first 4 weeks in a furnished 2 bed property near brisbane. We then hope to spend this time checking out preferred areas in order to get a long term unfurnished place. BUT, after having spent some time checking out areas and longer term unfurnished rentals - everything furnished looks so expensive!

We've sort of lost track of what is a decent price to pay! I've searched all through the old posts on here about unfurnished rentals but prices vary so much We're looking at renting somewhere central, west towards ferny grove or up to 10km north of the CBD.

How much is a realistic price ? I know this will vary person to person but really would appreciate your opinions
have you trolled through realestate.com?
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...?a=qfp&u=FERNY GROVE&cu=fn-rea&id=ferny grove&t=ren&s=qld&o=p
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:22 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks

bit confused, are you looking for long term furnished, or long term unfurnished?

fully furnished short term lets are generally quite expensive.

fully furnished long term = much cheaper.

unfurnished long term = cheaper still.

here's a 3bed house in bardon for $485 per week. its 10mins by bus to the city from bardon.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1263604837

As you look further out, the cheaper it gets.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:21 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by asprilla
bit confused, are you looking for long term furnished, or long term unfurnished?
Sorry - was rambling a bit

Looking for furnished - 2 bed but finding it really expensive. Couldn't seem to find anything under $1000 week. Had trawled realestate site. And others recommended on here were all south of Brisbane. I have now found a couple of sites thanks to some ancient threads on here so will wait till they answer my e-mail.

My main query was what is generally a sensible price - as I thought $1000 was expensive but need to know if my expectations are way out. Thanks for your suggestion - will check it out.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:59 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - was rambling a bit

Looking for furnished - 2 bed but finding it really expensive. Couldn't seem to find anything under $1000 week. Had trawled realestate site. And others recommended on here were all south of Brisbane. I have now found a couple of sites thanks to some ancient threads on here so will wait till they answer my e-mail.

My main query was what is generally a sensible price - as I thought $1000 was expensive but need to know if my expectations are way out. Thanks for your suggestion - will check it out.
I think you are making a costly mistake looking for long term furnished. Buying the furniture will be easier and cheaper I reckon.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

It varies so much between suburbs. For a short term let, you are probably looking at anything from around $650 a week and up.

Love

Rudi
x