Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats with renting in Perth ?

Whats with renting in Perth ?

Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Whats with renting in Perth ?

Every now and then I read articles that state there are few rentals available and that people are struggling to find a place to live. I must admit as some one moving to Perth soon this does have me worried that I will struggle to find a place to rent.
Although saying that when I do searches on properties available there seems to be plenty around. If I do a search for properties NOR, between $350 and $550 per week then it pulls up 200+ rentals. Many of them have been available for a number of weeks. I must admit it does seem difficult to find a property between $350 - $400 per week in a place I want to live but I dont think $450 - $550 per week is a bad rate for a property in a place I want to live.

Just looking for other peoples opinions on this one,

Thanks guys,
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Whats with renting in Perth ?

Originally Posted by philnorris
Every now and then I read articles that state there are few rentals available and that people are struggling to find a place to live. I must admit as some one moving to Perth soon this does have me worried that I will struggle to find a place to rent.
Although saying that when I do searches on properties available there seems to be plenty around. If I do a search for properties NOR, between $350 and $550 per week then it pulls up 200+ rentals. Many of them have been available for a number of weeks. I must admit it does seem difficult to find a property between $350 - $400 per week in a place I want to live but I dont think $450 - $550 per week is a bad rate for a property in a place I want to live.

Thanks guys,

Latest i read about rentals is that there are loads available now. I don't think you will have a problem at all.
I was going to rent my house out and i was told i was up against loads of competition now bringing the costs down slightly.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats with renting in Perth ?

Originally Posted by philnorris

Thanks guys,
We had a real problem finding somewhere in the South Perth area in January. Ended up staying with friends for 10 weeks. But January is the busiest time of the year in Australia for rentals as everyone's relocating for the start of the school year. Hopefully things have cooled a little.