Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats the phone thing you plug into the internet called?

Whats the phone thing you plug into the internet called?

Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:22 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats the phone thing you plug into the internet called?

Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone knew about the apparent phone that you and another person can use through your internet connection for free?

My mum mentioned it to me but wasn't sure what it was callled.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whats the phone thing you plug into the internet called?

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone knew about the apparent phone that you and another person can use through your internet connection for free?

Cheers

Ginny
VOIP (voice over internet protocol)

Also Gmail, Yahoo & MS Messenger offer talk options (have to be online rather than make a phone call).

WW
Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,

Cheers

Ginny
Try these. My brother swears by them.
http://www.skype.com

Wendy
Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:31 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:19 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,

Cheers

Ginny
Hi
Skype is one of the BIG names and works very well. Free calls PC to PC any where in the world and AUD 0.028 per minute to landlines around the world.

Another option is Voipcheap (www.voipcheap.com)
Here's a list of free landline locations you can call, once you lodge a small amount of money (£10.00) with them.

Australia free
Belgium free
Denmark free
Finland free
Germany free
Greece free
Iceland free
Ireland free
Italy free
Liechtenstein free
Luxembourg free
Monaco free
Netherlands free
New Zealand free
Norway free
Portugal free
Spain free
Sweden free
Taiwan free
United Kingdom free
United States free

Or depending on where your trying to phone, Voipbuster.com has free calls to these countries (land line only) once you've lodged 10 Euros with them. As long as you only call the free countries, you never use the 10 Euros, so you'll have free calls.

Argentina
Austria
Denmark
Finland
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
United States

Neil.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:26 pm
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Hi folks,

Cheers

Ginny
Microphone & speaker.

- Bart
Old Dec 15th 2005, 8:40 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by BartSimpson
Microphone & speaker.

- Bart
Pure Class!!
Ginny
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:00 pm
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Pure Class!!
Ginny
Who else...?
It's Bart...
As Always.. Haaaaaaaha