what's perth like?

Wikiposts

what's perth like?

Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

tetley101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what's perth like?

Originally posted by hells02
we are looking to go to perth but we don't have a clue where to go when we get there. if anyone could help us it would be most helpfull. my husband is a chef and is looking for work at the moment over the net but we are none the wiser were we should buy our new home.we need to know a good real estate agent that is on the net.thanks for your help phil and helen.
We looked at melb and sydney before deciding on perth. It is deffinately a lifestyle choice. The best way to find a place is when you get here, on the weekend you can drive around the suberbs and you see signs for home opens. You can wander in to houses for sale and check them out. As a rule the further inland and away from the city the cheaper the prices of houses. Why not rent until you find your feet.

Tetley
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:12 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by downunderpom
In which case I apologise. I read your 'In 'my' opinion only does it seem a lovely place to visit but not to live' as sarcasm.

What we need on this forum is some 'tone of voice' smileys!
Thank goodness for that (big sigh) no sarcasm there at all. It is hard to express opinion on here sometimes without it coming across in the wrong way!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:21 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by janeyray
Thank goodness for that (big sigh) no sarcasm there at all. It is hard to express opinion on here sometimes without it coming across in the wrong way!
No worries, mate!!

Anyway, now that we've finished congratulating each other, back to 'What's Perth like?'

Me and Mrs DUP loved it there (got married there in 2001) and we have mates living there. We were in Hilarys for the first week, then off north to Monkey Mia and Exmouth, where I dived with whale sharks and Mrs DUP avoided the 45+ heat by staying in the air-conn'd motel room. Then back to Hilary's for another week, while we got married (had to make sure she liked Oz before making it legal! )

Then Margaret River for a few days, and a tour around the SW corner of WA (which left us cold - we like hills / mountains, not flat boring stuff...) Then back to Perth for the last week of the hols, to a hotel at the bottom of Jacob's Ladder, so we could visit Southern Cross Park and King's Park (our favourites) each day.

If they had something like the Blue Mountains there we'd never have left!!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 3:25 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Just posted some WA snaps on this thread, including Perth:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=7

Might give you some idea of what to expect. Okay, half of them are cute and cuddly animals, but hey! I like animals!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

kath29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another website to try is www.pomsinperth.com.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 5:25 am
Just Joined

funbags mags is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
IN MY OPPINOIN perth is lovely but it does depend on what your looking for. I visited last year on a fact finding mission after doing lots of research but wanted to be sure before making decision. We have always wanted to live by the ocean and are having a house built just minuets away.There is lots of open space and no feeling of over crowding, also lots of beautiful wild life.
Eating out was a joy with so many reasonable priced places to eat.
Housing estates seemed clean and spacious with plenty of play areas lots have community halls.
We have choosen to live in northen suberebs but only because of work, there are plenty of shopping centers while still being close to the city centre.
I agree that perth is remote but it does not feel like it when your there. We are home loveres who only really venture futher a field for anual hols and i think the rest of oz will keep us busy in that department for a year or two.
maggie hoping to be there in summer
Old Mar 27th 2004, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Just what I want to hear,and as regards Perth being remote we too do not really want to venture any further maybe one day but have young children at the moment and want to live near the Ocean and hopefully live in a healthier environment.Fingers crossed we can get work okay!.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough

Perth is beautiful !!!

we have just got back from a two week holiday nr freemantle and happened to put an offer in on a house in waikiki

there are loads of estate agents :

www.glenwayrealty.com.au (thats who we used)

l.j hooker
roy weston (cutten bennett)
raine & horne (who my mum is using)
ray white

there are loads of resturants and pubs i will ask my mum to get a few names of places

there is a pub resturant called the last drop in waikiki it might be an idea to get a hold of the numbe and ask them if they have anything or know of anywhere that may need someone
just to get your foot on the ladder.
its supprising how friendly the people are not like here in the uk where your frightened to look at someone just incase its the wrong way !!!
Old Mar 28th 2004, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

We've been warned not to buy a "dream house" on one of the community-less housing estates, but they're not all like that apparently. Just be careful!