Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats out there for hormonal teen?

whats out there for hormonal teen?

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

biker dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool whats out there for hormonal teen?

Happy, sad ,grumpy,indifferent how many emotions can there be wrapped up in one 13 yr old love em or hate them they get to you every time I just pray that Australia is all its cracked up to be or this teenager will make my life unliveable so please anyone out there reassure me she'll love it wont she?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: whats out there for hormonal teen?

My 14 & 15 year olds love the Aussie life!!!

Weekends on the beach with very fit scantily clad babes walking by and saying Hi was heaven for my lads!!Even the waitresses in the surf clubs are fit!!! (teenage speak apparently!)

Better than hanging around glass covered parks and shopping centres!

They have made friends very easily because the aussie kids are very approachable and firiendly and there are also a lot of other kids who have emigrated and are in the same boat.

We have only been here 11 weeks and they are already picking up the local lingo!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

She's 13! It is her life mission to make your life miserable. Once she gets to 25 she will be a human being once more
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

brucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nice

All sounds way too familar and my daughter is only 9yrs old.

My 12yr old son is on a different planet. Im sure I must talk a different language to him.

There are only so many hissy-fits a person can endure.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Australia is not a cure. If anything the emotional turmoil of uprooting may make her more difficult. I'd start preparing with some subtle changes.

Hormones are made much worse by a crap diet and poor liftestyle.

Get her off the sugar and fizzy crap. Make sure she's drinking enough water- atleast 2 litres a day.

Put her on a low fat, sugar free diet with plenty of protein. Chuck the take aways and ready made meals to the kerb.

It's important to have fresh fruit in the house for those sugar cravings and supplement with fish oil and a good kids multi V daily.

You need to lead by example.

Cook from scratch and eat as a family at the table with the TV switched off. Talk about the positives and negatives of Australia and let he share her views. I wouldn't make oz out to be some type of utopia, because she's only going to get out here to realise it's no such thing. It's a different country, it's in no way better or a cure to your or her problems.

Try and get her involved in some team sports like netball or football for exercise and confidence. And make sure she's getting atleast 8-9 hours sleep a night- they need more at this age even if they think they don't.

Also, kids needs the "ego" rubbed out of them, so make sure she knows who's boss. Be consistent with punishment. If you give a warning and she disobeys you make sure you follow through with an appropriate punishment. There's nothing worse than soft parents who let their little princesses walk all over them - we as a society usually end up having to pick up the slack when these kids become adults and enter the workforce. It's in her best interests for you to be firm but fair.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by justsarah
My 14 & 15 year olds love the Aussie life!!!

Weekends on the beach with very fit scantily clad babes walking by and saying Hi was heaven for my lads!!Even the waitresses in the surf clubs are fit!!! (teenage speak apparently!)

Better than hanging around glass covered parks and shopping centres!

They have made friends very easily because the aussie kids are very approachable and firiendly and there are also a lot of other kids who have emigrated and are in the same boat.

We have only been here 11 weeks and they are already picking up the local lingo!!!
I'd agree with that. I see more hot chicks here on the GC in the space of an hour than what I would see in a year living in the UK. The same doesn't apply to the rest of oz though, especially Brisbane where the chicks are feral. Although I noticed Perth had a few hotties.

The average British chick is fat (yes, size 14 or over is fat to most of us men). It may be the average size, that doesn't make it acceptable, especially considering we're living through an obesity epidemic. She's also pale, blotchy, with absolutely no fashion sense. It's even funnier when they try putting on that fake tan crap that makes them look orange. What a laugh.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:38 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hormonal Teen? just tell her all the guys here are hot, the GC is the party capital of the world and she can have her own car in year or two.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:53 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biker dave
Happy, sad ,grumpy,indifferent how many emotions can there be wrapped up in one 13 yr old love em or hate them they get to you every time I just pray that Australia is all its cracked up to be or this teenager will make my life unliveable so please anyone out there reassure me she'll love it wont she?
She may not be too happy with the 1950's style school uniforms...
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you headed? My 13 year old came out as miserable as is possible. She saw some 'cute' lads surfing and life became reasonable. She's loving it now, she's 15 and appreciates the cute lads even more

Her school uniform is great, nothing 1950s about it.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
Australia is not a cure. If anything the emotional turmoil of uprooting may make her more difficult. I'd start preparing with some subtle changes.

Hormones are made much worse by a crap diet and poor liftestyle.

Get her off the sugar and fizzy crap. Make sure she's drinking enough water- atleast 2 litres a day.

Put her on a low fat, sugar free diet with plenty of protein. Chuck the take aways and ready made meals to the kerb.

It's important to have fresh fruit in the house for those sugar cravings and supplement with fish oil and a good kids multi V daily.

You need to lead by example.

Cook from scratch and eat as a family at the table with the TV switched off. Talk about the positives and negatives of Australia and let he share her views. I wouldn't make oz out to be some type of utopia, because she's only going to get out here to realise it's no such thing. It's a different country, it's in no way better or a cure to your or her problems.

Try and get her involved in some team sports like netball or football for exercise and confidence. And make sure she's getting atleast 8-9 hours sleep a night- they need more at this age even if they think they don't.

Also, kids needs the "ego" rubbed out of them, so make sure she knows who's boss. Be consistent with punishment. If you give a warning and she disobeys you make sure you follow through with an appropriate punishment. There's nothing worse than soft parents who let their little princesses walk all over them - we as a society usually end up having to pick up the slack when these kids become adults and enter the workforce. It's in her best interests for you to be firm but fair.
Thanks for the advice but her eating habbits have nothing to do with it processed food doesnt come into the picture only as a last resort she never drinks fizzy drinks at home as I dont buy them. Unfortunately for her im an outside junky she endures walking whenever the weathers fine and cycling because I refuse to drive so there's no over weight females in this family. If you think british women are fat go to the states their average must be sz 18 size in the uk is purely a number because 10 years ago what is a 6 now in alot of shops was a sz 10 I have been a size 8 for ages recently without tha magic of diet I have become a size six all because sz 4's have been introduced amazing what this so called fantasy sizing does for some womens egos happy and healthy is more important whatever size you are.Back to teenage woes shes more of a laid back nocturnal inside junky she has the opportunity to be out with freinds but has always been a homebird So I dont understand the reluctance to even talk about Oz as its only school shes really leaving as a home is what you make it.The sleep thing is the worst weve tried removing all distractions from her room and turning the light out but you can bet the minute you come upstairs to go to bed she moans good nite.Still you can only love her as things could be wayyyyyyyyyy worse.

Last edited by biker dave; Apr 3rd 2008 at 9:47 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:13 am
Just Joined

In reply to Moneypen thanks for that its reassuring knowing your daughter loves it I know she'll love it to eventually my 10 yr old cant wait we're hoping to go near Brisbane but we really need to go where the work is my husbands a gas fitter not much work around on the jobsites so we're coming out in september permanently and doing 2 months of searching for somewhere to live and jobs we know we'll have to probably retrain or even change jobs hes got his hgv class 1 so that might help

Last edited by biker dave; Apr 3rd 2008 at 9:31 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:55 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

My lad (15 in a few weeks) was mega eager to move out here (moved here just over 9 months ago) now he reckons he hates it, but i reckon he just knows which buttons to press.............

BTW nothing wrong with his uniform either C x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiels
My lad (15 in a few weeks) was mega eager to move out here (moved here just over 9 months ago) now he reckons he hates it, but i reckon he just knows which buttons to press.............

BTW nothing wrong with his uniform either C x
Thats the thing they all know which buttons to press!!! They reckon you have to give it a year we have freinds that moved back but are already planning their comeback tour. Thats the problem when your away from the uk you think all of a sudden its changed and something fantastic is happening
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:03 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biker dave
Thats the thing they all know which buttons to press!!! They reckon you have to give it a year we have freinds that moved back but are already planning their comeback tour. Thats the problem when your away from the uk you think all of a sudden its changed and something fantastic is happening
Well we will see in June as we are going home for a few weeeks visit.

Hoping our lad will then see he is now living in a much nicer envioroment with better oppotunities than he had in the UK.

Since being here i reckon he's tried lots of new things compared to what he would have in the UK.

Still dislikes school though but at least he has an oppotunity to leave at the end of year 10 if has an apprenticeship.

C x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:14 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
The average British chick is fat (yes, size 14 or over is fat to most of us men). It may be the average size, that doesn't make it acceptable, especially considering we're living through an obesity epidemic. She's also pale, blotchy, with absolutely no fashion sense. It's even funnier when they try putting on that fake tan crap that makes them look orange. What a laugh.

Get over yourself - size is not everything - yes if you are very short then a size 14 may well be considered overweight but if you are of medium height or tall then the person may well be within their weight range. Each person is different.

Your answer to everything seems to be exercise and a healthy diet. I agree that people should take more exercise and eat a healthy diet but there is such a thing as moderation.

I asked previously if you were Tom Cruise - I think I should change this to Gillian McKeith (? - that dreadful woman who fronts the show 'You are what you Eat')

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.