British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   What's next? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/whats-next-108547/)

dani May 24th 2002 6:33 pm

What's next?

Got a phone call from Oz today to say my RSMS employer nomination had been approved. I now have to apply my end, do DIMA send me relevant forms or do I have to write/phone for them? The answer is probably coming in the post but I can't wait that long!!

Dani

tikku Feb 25th 2004 6:29 am

Re: What's next?

I applied for PR thro 47SK and got a reply after 50 weeks that my applcation has been kept under pool since I scored 110 points only .

A potential employer from low populated area came forward to help me ,with EN under SRMS (form 1054). I don`t know what are the steps involved

Please give some advice

Originally posted by dani
Got a phone call from Oz today to say my RSMS employer nomination had been approved. I now have to apply my end, do DIMA send me relevant forms or do I have to write/phone for them? The answer is probably coming in the post but I can't wait that long!!

Dani

dani Mar 6th 2004 7:50 am

Hi Tikku,

I had to apply to London using the Employer Nominated form. It's practically the same process as Skilled Independant. Obtain and fill out the form and send off to your local office, not Adelaide. You will need all the same information as before. Once registered, the consulate will ask you for the police check and medical (they will send you relevant forms). I obtained my RSMS visa within four months from application, but it would have been quicker had I not had a problem with my blood pressure!

I arrived in Australia 10th December, 2002 and took up my post, the biggest drawback I found is that you have to stay in the position for two years. I lived in a city in the UK and came to a country town in western NSW. A BIG difference! but it depends what your used to.

Good luck!
Dani

tikku Mar 7th 2004 6:17 am

Hi Dani,
Please clarify one thing, if we get VISA thro RSMS, is it PR or TR?
After landing in Aus.If we get a good job in any comapany other than who has sponsered us from a highly populated area,can we join that company before completing 2 years? or can we start any business(part time) other than our regular job?
can you tell what forms we need to fillup for RSMS? tell me any other hurdles other than staying for 2 years in low populated area.tell me the cost of living for a family (wife&husband+a 5 year old kid) per month.
Tikku.

Hi Tikku,

I had to apply to London using the Employer Nominated form. It's practically the same process as Skilled Independant. Obtain and fill out the form and send off to your local office, not Adelaide. You will need all the same information as before. Once registered, the consulate will ask you for the police check and medical (they will send you relevant forms). I obtained my RSMS visa within four months from application, but it would have been quicker had I not had a problem with my blood pressure!

I arrived in Australia 10th December, 2002 and took up my post, the biggest drawback I found is that you have to stay in the position for two years. I lived in a city in the UK and came to a country town in western NSW. A BIG difference! but it depends what your used to.

Good luck!
Dani [/QUOTE]

dani Mar 12th 2004 5:58 am

Hi,

The RSMS visa is PR. You must stay with the sponsoring company for the 2 years, if you move employment within that time you are likely to lose your residency and will effectively be asked to leave the country! After the 2 years you can move anywhere in the country to any job and apply for citizenship.

I came here alone so I don't really know what it would cost a family. It all depends what your used to paying for certain things, but it is generally cheaper to live here than the UK. I rent a townhouse with two bedrooms in a city with 500,000 people for $200 a week. In the country you would expect to pay less and probably get a 3 bedroomed house!

I can't remember the forms needed for the application, but you will need your sponsorship number for your employer. They apply for it at their end and notify you when it is approved. I think the costs are the same as applying for Skilled Independant.
Hope that answers some of your questions.

Regards
Dani