Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats In A Name?

Whats In A Name?

Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road
Default Whats In A Name?

Just thought it would be a good idea to find out what all the user names mean, I know a lot are obvious but some are quite strange. So what does your name stand for.

Mine is because my 18 year old son loves the terminator films and calls himself the Ovenater when on the football pitch and also when pulling in nightclubs(sad I know)

Our last name is Ovens so it sort of fits.

Sorry if this has already been done but a lot of new names are about so may be interesting

sally:lecture:
Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Whats In A Name?

Originally posted by ovenater
Just thought it would be a good idea to find out what all the user names mean, I know a lot are obvious but some are quite strange. So what does your name stand for.

Mine is because my 18 year old son loves the terminator films and calls himself the Ovenater when on the football pitch and also when pulling in nightclubs(sad I know)

Our last name is Ovens so it sort of fits.

Sorry if this has already been done but a lot of new names are about so may be interesting

sally:lecture:
Gosh mine is a really boring one. i wish I had chosen my other name that I use chocaholic
Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:11 am
ABCDiamond

uummmm, thinking of names .... now what good word starts with
A ??
B ??
C ??
D ahh yes Diamond !!

A, B, C, Diamond

No... thats not how I really got the name , but it sounds good

Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats In A Name?

Mine stems from a nickname my wife gave me years ago based on my actual name of Graham.

I also love of gorgeous thick brown, Bisto gravy and the fact that whenever invited anywhere for a Sunday roast I quite often get roped into to making the gravy means that I am The Gravyman!

My wife's user name (before she started having problems logging on) was Sims4eva mainly because she thinks that the Maxis game The Sims is the best thing since sliced bread!

I can't wait to see some of the reasons behind - assuming people are going to be willing to share
Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:34 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi

My real name is Nicola and all my friends called me Nick or nikki

my brother who is 13 yrs older called me knickers so I combined

both

When I first joined I joined with my full name without thinking

then felt stupid on here and asked the moderators to change my

name!

Nikki x

PS why do people choose their avatars?
Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:38 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by nikkers

PS why do people choose their avatars?
Hic... Hic.....

Is that question aimed at me ?

oops wrong avatar !!! Wheres my wine glass gone ?

Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:58 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Hic... Hic.....

Is that question aimed at me ?

oops wrong avatar !!! Wheres my wine glass gone ?

I should have a bottle!

I actually saw these real nice legs in stockings for my avatar but

felt it might be a bit risque ! (Can't do the accent above e)

Nikki x
Old Apr 25th 2004, 10:00 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by nikkers
I should have a bottle!

I actually saw these real nice legs in stockings for my avatar but

felt it might be a bit risque ! (Can't do the accent above e)

Nikki x
Point 1 - I've just added a bottle on to my avatar !!

Point 2 - No Comment

Old Apr 25th 2004, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

mine is coz my surname is macro and i'm not good at understanding jokes and have nooo common sense so me firends call me slowmacro......

monkey girl
x
oh and monkey girl came from jack daws..(poster on this site...)
Old Apr 25th 2004, 1:26 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately mine is (still!) self explanatory!!!!

sue

ps ovenator.......kinda like the 'shermanator' in american pie!?
Old Apr 25th 2004, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

sven37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Husbands middle name and age....

(Swedish mother-in-law!)

Had logged on with me own name but, wouldn't let me log back after that, did PM a mod...No answer...so became male!

(OH, and slowmacro's right, where did I get her from..... )
Old Apr 25th 2004, 2:08 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

mine is sindarin (elvish) for my name -patricia-. (tolkien lover).
Old Apr 25th 2004, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

mine is also boring

I am Steph and my hubby is Ian

Steph
Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:15 pm
Go Banana's !!

Several reasons:

1.The avatar was picked first (hubby thought the 3 dancing bananas were like us )

2.Felt like we would 'go bananas' if we didn't hear soon.

3.Way to 'go bananas' which is what we anticipated we would feel ike when we got the visa (and we did)

4. After picking the name found out much later that there is a Childrens Activity Centre in Perth called 'Go Banana's' - (which cousin took daughter to) so probably will be really sad and buy some T shirts there and post it on 'names to faces' thread when we land.

That wasn't in a nutshell was it??

Jill.

Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Mines really incredibly boring too!!

Partly due to the fact I'd never used a forum before so hadn't got a clue about nicknames..doh!!

Saying that though...it's a heck of a lot better than what my married name should be , if I'd decided to lumber myself with hubbies surname....which is Tracey!!

Tracey Tracey huh....so good they named it twice!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.