Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats meaning of Priority Employment Areas?

Whats meaning of Priority Employment Areas?

Old Nov 24th 2009, 5:31 am
Banned

pinkpik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats meaning of Priority Employment Areas?

Hi

Just newbie to this forum. Myself & spouse issued SSV in Feb 2009 for QLD, myself is Mech. Engineer & spouse is housewife.

Just searching job websites and looking around for similar help & tips. This forum is really such a great platform for getting all information about australia under single umbrella, i truly appreciate this and really thanks to the owners and member of this forum for their contributions.

Now just came to know from an article published here http://www.deewr.gov.au/Ministers/Ar...09_150005.aspx, stating 'Eleven New Priority Employment Areas to keep Australia working'.

Minister for Employment and Workplace Relations, Julia Gillard, together with Minister for Employment Participation, Senator Mark Arbib, and the Parliamentary Secretary for Employment, Jason Clare, today announced a further 11 Priority Employment Areas.

The 11 new Priority Employment Areas are:

Port Augusta-Whyalla-Port Pirie (South Australia)
Southern Wide Bay Burnett (Queensland)
Bundaberg-Hervey Bay (Queensland)
North Western Melbourne (Victoria)
Ballarat-Bendigo (Victoria)
Central and North Western Sydney (New South Wales)
Cairns (Queensland)
Caboolture-Sunshine Coast (Queensland)
Central Coast-Hunter (New South Wales)
Townsville-Thuringowa (Queensland)
Central Victoria.

These areas are in addition to the nine priority areas previously announced by the Government and were identified using a range of labour market and social indicators.

Now, i really wondered what does this 'Priority Employment Areas' means and what the visa holders should understand and know by this announcement?

* Does this means these areas are very good for job seekers or these areas are worst for job seekers?

As its heading suggests 'Priority Employment Areas', one can understand that these areas are having plenty job opportunities but its details are contradictory.

This report also stats about 'labour market and social indicators' for the above areas, so what the government what to tell here exactly?

Any informative reply from mebers & seniors is highly awaited & will be appreciated.

Thanking you,
Regards,
Pike
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats meaning of Priority Employment Areas?

Hi Pike.
I agree the terminology used is a bit confusing.
Those areas are the recognised black spots for employment.
They have the highest unemployment rates in the country.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Pike.
I agree the terminology used is a bit confusing.
Those areas are the recognised black spots for employment.
They have the highest unemployment rates in the country.
Hi Bix,

Thanks a lot. Its clear indeed, but just feeling an iron punch right on the face, coz got QLD SSV and its most areas are affected by high unemployment. Only some part & the Capital Brisbane itself has still some hope for jobs. Lets see how it goes?

Regards
Pik
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit doom and gloom at the moment in most countries but things will improve and if what we are told is true they will improve in Australia before many other places.

There are usually quite a lot of engineering jobs available so just keep your eye on the job websites like Seek and Career One or Byron. It'll give you an insight as to how things are going in each region.

Stay positive mate and pick your time.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 5:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bix
It's a bit doom and gloom at the moment in most countries but things will improve and if what we are told is true they will improve in Australia before many other places.

There are usually quite a lot of engineering jobs available so just keep your eye on the job websites like Seek and Career One or Byron. It'll give you an insight as to how things are going in each region.

Stay positive mate and pick your time.
Hello Bix,

I am hoping for the best in Ozland. One worry is ours is SSV visa which will restrict us to be remain in QLD for working & living. One of my good friend who is also mech. engineer who was on 175 moved to adelaide not got job for 4 months, but recently got a govt. job in NSW project.

Pike