British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   whats mandurah WA like to live ????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/whats-mandurah-wa-like-live-547995/)

porter555 Jul 9th 2008 8:02 pm

whats mandurah WA like to live ?????

Me and my wife have decided to move to mandurah if possible:thumbup:. from what we can tell from the internet its nice and houses seem affordableish. we have never been to oz so as much info as possible about the area would be muchly appreciated. also if you think there is any other areas in WA that offer coastal life with affordable property please dont hesitate to let me know thanks :thumbsup:

ohippy Jul 10th 2008 12:57 am

Re: whats mandurah WA like to live ?????

Originally Posted by porter555 (Post 6553764)
Me and my wife have decided to move to mandurah if possible:thumbup:. from what we can tell from the internet its nice and houses seem affordableish. we have never been to oz so as much info as possible about the area would be muchly appreciated. also if you think there is any other areas in WA that offer coastal life with affordable property please dont hesitate to let me know thanks :thumbsup:

what sort of info are you after ?

If you do a search on this site for Mandurah you should find a fair bit of info comes up

The Shandley Family Jul 12th 2008 1:14 pm

Hi there, my wife and our two children moved to Mandurah last November and hav'nt looked back. The place is just lovely. We live in Seascapes ( Halls Head) about 2 minutes walk away from the beach (the Indian Ocean) in a lovely 4 bedroom house which is now up for rent at $330 a week due to us buying our first house just round the corner, I found work as a mechanic ( at Mandurah Toyota ) very easily and my wife is now administration at a tax office. the life is VERY laid back but WA does stand for Wait Awhile. We have met loads of pomms and lots of very friendly Aussies to and our social life is now very different to the Uk. Any questions please ask.

thebarkers Jul 12th 2008 4:49 pm

Hi , we dont live far from mandurah - waikiki

We love where we are , and mandurah is beautiful aswell
and the crab fest is awsome !

:thumbsup:

daddyofthree Jul 12th 2008 10:08 pm

Mandurah / Port Kennedy etc looks beautiful but my wife is concerned about the lack of hospitals (we have 3 kids under 5), uncertain about schooling and believes she wont be able to buy nice clothes without having to travel into Perth etc.
Your opinions please:thumbup::thumbup:

mulben Jul 13th 2008 12:52 am

Mandurah / Port Kennedy etc looks beautiful but my wife is concerned about the lack of hospitals (we have 3 kids under 5),

Mandurah has the Peel Hospital
Rockingham has the major southern area hospital of Perth,
(major upgrade at the moment to double its size)
There is also a private hospital in Waikiki.

Schooling- Private and public
Primary schools everywhere within walking distances (Port Kennedy) assume
its the same in most new growth areas.

Clothes / Shopping-
Heaps of retail therapy at Mandurah Forum or Rockingham City
Up market shopping is best in Subiaco or Perth but that is only a train ride away

dave99 Jul 13th 2008 1:46 am

It is nice but it is very far from the city, if you work in a job like IT or anything buisness related then you will most likely be in the city and travelling back and forth such a distance will be a bit of a pain

ebonski Jul 13th 2008 1:40 pm

hi been here two weeks and we love it . my husband works in perth and the commute takes over 1hr but he says its completely different from home in that you always get a seat at the start of the line and the view is amazing.
im a clothes junkie and i stocked up before i got here . the clothes shops are dismal but im starting to realise that im going to feel very overdressed very soon.its a laid back place and not too many people swan about in suede boots and velvet jackets:eek:
its a 40 min train ride to perth so im looking forward to going in by myself every once in a while to go mad:D
but i love it here . the kids have visibly relaxed and are much happier and they are only two year old triplets!!
good luck with your decision
breda

andy-heather Aug 25th 2008 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by ebonski (Post 6566407)
hi been here two weeks and we love it . my husband works in perth and the commute takes over 1hr but he says its completely different from home in that you always get a seat at the start of the line and the view is amazing.
im a clothes junkie and i stocked up before i got here . the clothes shops are dismal but im starting to realise that im going to feel very overdressed very soon.its a laid back place and not too many people swan about in suede boots and velvet jackets:eek:
its a 40 min train ride to perth so im looking forward to going in by myself every once in a while to go mad:D
but i love it here . the kids have visibly relaxed and are much happier and they are only two year old triplets!!
good luck with your decision
breda

GOD What A WOMAN SUPERWOMAN 2YEARS OLD TRIPLETS :) Hi my name is Heather, my husband andy and our tribe is coming to mandurah halls head in oct /nov and are hoping it is a great move for our kids as there are 5 4 and 2 years. Andrew Cameron and Isla .I AM HOPPING TO GET ANDREW INTO SOUTH HALLS HEAD PRIMIRY WOULD YOU KNOW OR ANY NURCERYS FOR CAM AND ISLA ALSO I BETTER STOCK UP IN ARMINIMARK (PRIMMARK) I HAVE HEARD THE SHOPPING IS NOT GOOD YOU HAVE JUST CONFIRMED HAHA

I dont do email just learning sorry about the grammer and big and little letters.

clarinsred Aug 25th 2008 8:33 pm

We drew similar conclusions from the net, and went out to look for ourselves in March. It lived up to and excelled our expectations. We Liked all the areas from Halls Head right up to Secret Harbour. I don't know why but I wasn't as keen on Port Kennedy and Rockingham, not that there is anything negative I could say, I just didn't get them same pull. As mentioned before, schools, hospitals etc are available, and the train service is excellent- clean, runs into the night and is cheap. There are a few clothes shops, but I would imagine it would be no hardship to spend the occasional day in Freeo or Perth clothes shopping. There are plenty of cafes/pubs/restaurants about.