Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats the longest you have waited

Whats the longest you have waited

Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:32 pm
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough
Default Whats the longest you have waited

All of our stuff left the UK on the 26th April and we are still waiting,The shippers in the UK sent us a email to say it will be with us on the 2nd of June and then we got a email from removals in Perth to say it will be in the country on the 2nd of June but will take 10 to 12 days to clear customs,We are so sad on the second of June we drove to fremantle to see if the ship was in it was,We are just so lost with out our stuff i am sleeping on a air bed my wife is on one of these foam sofa bed i am on a borrowed laptop,We are renting a TV a fridge no washing machine no microwave we did not come out with alot of money so dont want to buy stuff we will not need with our stuff on the way.Wish we had sent it alot earlier so it was here ready for us so be warned ship your stuff well in advance of you getting here better to be at a friends or family house for a bit than have to wait here for your stuff to arrive.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:36 pm
julie

jul44 is a jewel in the roughjul44 is a jewel in the roughjul44 is a jewel in the roughjul44 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Whats the longest you have waited

Originally Posted by Homer
All of our stuff left the UK on the 26th April and we are still waiting,The shippers in the UK sent us a email to say it will be with us on the 2nd of June and then we got a email from removals in Perth to say it will be in the country on the 2nd of June but will take 10 to 12 days to clear customs,We are so sad on the second of June we drove to fremantle to see if the ship was in it was,We are just so lost with out our stuff i am sleeping on a air bed my wife is on one of these foam sofa bed i am on a borrowed laptop,We are renting a TV a fridge no washing machine no microwave we did not come out with alot of money so dont want to buy stuff we will not need with our stuff on the way.Wish we had sent it alot earlier so it was here ready for us so be warned ship your stuff well in advance of you getting here better to be at a friends or family house for a bit than have to wait here for your stuff to arrive.
Don't worry too much, our stuff took 9 weeks to get here.
Shouldn't be too much longer now.
It will feel like Christmas when it all arrives.

Julie.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Homer
We sent our stuff on the 22nd of March. It should have docked by now. It was due to arrive on the 31st of May. I found this out by phoning the company due to deliver it. They told me it would be delayed until then as the ship it was on dry docked in Hong Kong and the stuff had to be moved to another ship. They reckon it takes two working weeks to clear customs etc so I am expecting it around the 21st of june.

Don't despair I know it is hard to wait.
Katie
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember the exact dates, but last year, we shipped our stuff from Northern Ireland in late June or early July. We got to Brisbane in mid august to hear the ship which our stuff was on had broken down and had to return to port in the UK.

It was then running so late, it just went straight to its final destination , Sydney, without stopping in Brisbane, so they had to then move our stuff by rail from Sydney to Brisbane, and then clear customs. We eventualy got it the 1st December.

So ours took over 5 months. By the time it arrived it was like getting new prezzies! I'd fogotten all the things we had!

If your ships already there then it shouldn't be long now,

JTL
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:04 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

we sent ours on the 19th Jan and received it 27th April, so just over 4 months. not too long but you really do forget everything that you packed. it's mad when you open everything.

hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Louise