Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats happening with pre july applications?

Whats happening with pre july applications?

Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:21 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whats happening with pre july applications?

Originally Posted by dawn kirbyshire
i know that. i didn't mean you particularly. apologies. i wasn't being personal its just been hard. i wish i'd known lots of things. i could probably have speeded things up by going designated area but i was a bit stupid and didn't think it through enough. at the time i wasn't anxious for it to be less than 6 to 8 months. but there you go. i'm big anti agent too. and you know what else. i've a horrid suspicion pet exporters are a rip off too. i have two to ship and have investigated diy. doesn't look like the companies do anything a personal with half a wit couldn't do, especially if they love their little doggies which they would obviously do more than a profit making org. someone on another thread quoted 2,300 odd. can't see the justification. i know the air freight is pricey but surely not. sorry gone off on one.
Can't comment on the pet exporters as I don't need one...but migration agents!!!

A lot of people who choose agents claim they're doing it because they don't have the time to do it themselves...but I can't understand that because 'you' (royal 'you') have to get all the relevant information together and fill out the form.

Others say that b/c the agent has told them they have passed their points test then they are guaranteed their visa if they use them as an agent???

There are loads of free on-line points tests, and if you pass it then why go with an agent?!

The only time an agent can be helpful is if you don't pass the points test. An agent who can 'wrangle' the system to unearth the legalities of coming up with the extra points could be worth their weight in gold.

Otherwise, they'll just spout the same information as the immi.gov.au website does...and I can log onto that website for free!

Need a drink...

That's better - rant over.

Rob
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:28 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Can't comment on the pet exporters as I don't need one...but migration agents!!!

A lot of people who choose agents claim they're doing it because they don't have the time to do it themselves...but I can't understand that because 'you' (royal 'you') have to get all the relevant information together and fill out the form.

Others say that b/c the agent has told them they have passed their points test then they are guaranteed their visa if they use them as an agent???

There are loads of free on-line points tests, and if you pass it then why go with an agent?!

The only time an agent can be helpful is if you don't pass the points test. An agent who can 'wrangle' the system to unearth the legalities of coming up with the extra points could be worth their weight in gold.

Otherwise, they'll just spout the same information as the immi.gov.au website does...and I can log onto that website for free!

Need a drink...

That's better - rant over.

Rob
Talking of consultants....

A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote pasture when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of a dust cloud towards him. The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and D+G tie, leans out the window and asks the shepherd, "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one?"

The shepherd looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing flock and calmly answers, "Sure. Why not?" The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his AT&T cell phone, surfs to a NASA page on the internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo. They young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of complex formulas.
He uploads all of this data via an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he prints out a full-colour, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to the shepherd and says, "You have exactly 1586 sheep." "That's right.
Well, I guess you can take one of my sheep." says the shepherd. He watches
the young man select one of the animals and looks on amused as the young
man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then the shepherd says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my sheep?"
The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"
"You're a consultant." says the shepherd.
"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"
"No guessing required." answered the shepherd. "You showed up here even
though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked; and you know jack sh*t about my business... "

" .. Now give me back my dog"

he he he he

Rob
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

sheila and joe is on a distinguished road

Sorry - I didn't mean it to come across as showey-offy. The important point, which keeps cropping up with all my posts is that migration agents will have known about the change and should have put off submitting applications until July/August.

I'm a big 'anti-migration agent' person!

Rob
but dont forget that the points went up in april -- I would have loved to have had a faster application after july -- but the fact that the points went up in april meant I wouldnt have got in anyway so in a way its better to wait and get in instead of not having enough points
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

my melbourne will become famous soon enough

Hello all pre-july applicants.We are dec 2003 applicants skilled indie non MODL and we sent our medicals off just before Christmas.Now we wait AGAIN! for the bond request so as you can see it has taken over a year to get this far and I reckon if everything goes smoothly we should have our visa by March.What makes it worse is our best friends(whom we were supposed to go out there with)got their visa 3 months before usThey fly to Melbourne on Sat morning so they are all excited and we are still stuck here waiting!!! So its a mixture of excitement for them and frustration for us.Looking on the bright side though she be able to tell us all about what its like,warts and all.This process could really get to you if you let it but I feel its preparing us for a hard road ahead.Good luck!Linda
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

dawn kirbyshire is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking of consultants....

A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote pasture when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of a dust cloud towards him. The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and D+G tie, leans out the window and asks the shepherd, "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one?"

The shepherd looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing flock and calmly answers, "Sure. Why not?" The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his AT&T cell phone, surfs to a NASA page on the internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo. They young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of complex formulas.
He uploads all of this data via an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he prints out a full-colour, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to the shepherd and says, "You have exactly 1586 sheep." "That's right.
Well, I guess you can take one of my sheep." says the shepherd. He watches
the young man select one of the animals and looks on amused as the young
man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then the shepherd says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my sheep?"
The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"
"You're a consultant." says the shepherd.
"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"
"No guessing required." answered the shepherd. "You showed up here even
though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked; and you know jack sh*t about my business... "

" .. Now give me back my dog"

he he he he

Rob

Great stuff
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Sorry - I didn't mean it to come across as showey-offy. The important point, which keeps cropping up with all my posts is that migration agents will have known about the change and should have put off submitting applications until July/August.

I'm a big 'anti-migration agent' person!

Rob
I did not use an agent and if i had waited until then it would have been too late as i would have lost vital points on my age.
I must say in their defence I have always found Go Matilda to be very forthcoming with info even though they are not being paid for it.So they are not all bad
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Talking Re: Whats happening with pre july applications?

Originally Posted by dawn kirbyshire
i was told the name of my case officer when i finally got to speak to someone this morning at 4am. then i also received an email! anyway, whilst i'm typing this my colleague and good friend whose app was a week before mine has just phoned to say the yellow envelope has arrived. so maybe its true, we haven't been dropped into the abyss. good luck everybody with the meds. and i don't really want any more info about people who applied in august and are already in oz. salt and wounds!
That really has given me hope
Good luck to us all