Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats happening with pre july applications?

Whats happening with pre july applications?

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Question Whats happening with pre july applications?

Hi all

I have only just come back to this site after about 6 months in the wilderness! I am a March applicant(skilled independant) and am aware, after reading some posts, that lots of post july applicants have had meds/police checks requested etc but there seems to be a problem with pre July applications.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the problem is........as i am so fed up with waiting to hear something that i am considering sitting up all night just to ring Adelaide and find out.

If anyone knows it would certainly save me a long night.
Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Cool Re: Whats happening with pre july applications?

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Hi all

I have only just come back to this site after about 6 months in the wilderness! I am a March applicant(skilled independant) and am aware, after reading some posts, that lots of post july applicants have had meds/police checks requested etc but there seems to be a problem with pre July applications.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the problem is........as i am so fed up with waiting to hear something that i am considering sitting up all night just to ring Adelaide and find out.

Thanks
Looks like I may be having a late night then
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

dawn kirbyshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats happening with pre july applications?

Looks like I may be having a late night then
i know just what you mean, i'm a march app too and i find it terribly frustrating on here to keep seeing postings from people who have made it out in months. if its any help i recently discovered that my assurer should have received a letter from centrelink telling her to get in touch but of course she never did. when i told her this and she contacted them she had an interview and sorted some paperwork. they then said there were no probs and they would fax it to dimia. that was 2 weeks ago and nothing since. i tried emailing my case officer in frustration. i have had zilt contact since that first acknowledgement and have put off contacting them because of their warnings in that letter. however i needn't have worried because they have other ways to stop you getting in touch at adelaide. they simple send and auto nonsense reply to emails which has nothing to do with your request. then i phoned them, or tried to and their cunning plan there is to put on an answer phone message, after you've gone through all the options and spent a few quid, telling you their office is closed and informing you of office opening hours which, paradoxically make it clear they are, or should be open. in desperation i went online and found a customer service number, 0061133177, and told them my problem. they were very nice and put me through. waste of time. she clearly didn't want to speak but told me she'd never heard of my case officer and that i had a new one. she said i had to wait to hear from centrelink because they handle the approval. i went on line to look at centrelink website. they don't claim too. they seem to get in touch with dimia direct. i tried to phone back but same answer phone problem. this time with customer services too. i am completely fed up. hence the crazed waffle. you feel like we're the only ones?
Old Jan 20th 2005, 6:44 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

Hi all

Thanks
Hi

We too are March applicants and it IS very frustrating to see Post Julyers getting their Visas granted after only 6 months! Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for them, I wouldn't wish this 'living in limbo' feeling on anyone for longer than is necessary, but it's just so annoying that us Pre-Julyers have to wait twice as long when we applied earlier!

To cut a long story short - DIMMIA raised the points needed for skilled ind. visa in April and changed the way they process visas from 1st July. Instead of just sending acknow. letter when app is received then putting to one side, they now do a check of the app and send out meds req with acknow letter. This speeds the whole process up but leaves us lot waiting longer.

They are apparently catching up slowly but surely and are processing Feb applicants and some from beginning of March so sit tight, it could only be a matter of days before you hear something.

Good Luck!
R
Old Jan 20th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Angry Re: Whats happening with pre july applications?

Originally Posted by dawn kirbyshire
i know just what you mean, i'm a march app too and i find it terribly frustrating on here to keep seeing postings from people who have made it out in months. if its any help i recently discovered that my assurer should have received a letter from centrelink telling her to get in touch but of course she never did. when i told her this and she contacted them she had an interview and sorted some paperwork. they then said there were no probs and they would fax it to dimia. that was 2 weeks ago and nothing since. i tried emailing my case officer in frustration. i have had zilt contact since that first acknowledgement and have put off contacting them because of their warnings in that letter. however i needn't have worried because they have other ways to stop you getting in touch at adelaide. they simple send and auto nonsense reply to emails which has nothing to do with your request. then i phoned them, or tried to and their cunning plan there is to put on an answer phone message, after you've gone through all the options and spent a few quid, telling you their office is closed and informing you of office opening hours which, paradoxically make it clear they are, or should be open. in desperation i went online and found a customer service number, 0061133177, and told them my problem. they were very nice and put me through. waste of time. she clearly didn't want to speak but told me she'd never heard of my case officer and that i had a new one. she said i had to wait to hear from centrelink because they handle the approval. i went on line to look at centrelink website. they don't claim too. they seem to get in touch with dimia direct. i tried to phone back but same answer phone problem. this time with customer services too. i am completely fed up. hence the crazed waffle. you feel like we're the only ones?

Dawn

How did you get a case officer? All i have is a case number from when they confirmed receipt of my application.

I have also had the auto response for my email.

I really wish id read your reply last night- as I sat up and rang at 12 and got the answer phone then again at 1am and 1.30am- same thing. I was beginning to think maybe i had my times wrong or something. How on earth do you get through to them then?
Old Jan 20th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
Hi

We too are March applicants and it IS very frustrating to see Post Julyers getting their Visas granted after only 6 months! Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for them, I wouldn't wish this 'living in limbo' feeling on anyone for longer than is necessary, but it's just so annoying that us Pre-Julyers have to wait twice as long when we applied earlier!

To cut a long story short - DIMMIA raised the points needed for skilled ind. visa in April and changed the way they process visas from 1st July. Instead of just sending acknow. letter when app is received then putting to one side, they now do a check of the app and send out meds req with acknow letter. This speeds the whole process up but leaves us lot waiting longer.

They are apparently catching up slowly but surely and are processing Feb applicants and some from beginning of March so sit tight, it could only be a matter of days before you hear something.

Good Luck!
R

Ill keep my fingers firmly crossed.

Did your meds/police checks get requested or have you done them off your own back?

Rachel
Old Jan 20th 2005, 8:28 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
Hi

We too are March applicants and it IS very frustrating to see Post Julyers getting their Visas granted after only 6 months! R
6 months - read two months

well for us anyway!

Did you pre-julyers use migration agents? If so, I'd go ape with them, because they should have known of the changes...and you'd all have your visas now.

We didn't use an agent and read all about the change ourselves which prompted us to wait until Aug before sending off application. We then got our visa in Oct.

Rob
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:39 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

Ill keep my fingers firmly crossed.

Did your meds/police checks get requested or have you done them off your own back?

Rachel
Rachel

We did PCs off our own back but decided to wait for the request before doing meds and sending PCs. Hope to hear any day.

Rachel
Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:05 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

From a few months ago ...:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=324

Also, for reference, we have received correspondence this week for general skilled non-MODL visa applications for clients of ours in the UK that were lodged in the first week of March 2004.

Best regards.

Hi all

Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
From a few months ago ...:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=324

Also, for reference, we have received correspondence this week for general skilled non-MODL visa applications for clients of ours in the UK that were lodged in the first week of March 2004.

Best regards.
Thanks Alan

That has put my mind at rest
(a bit)
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

i was told the name of my case officer when i finally got to speak to someone this morning at 4am. then i also received an email! anyway, whilst i'm typing this my colleague and good friend whose app was a week before mine has just phoned to say the yellow envelope has arrived. so maybe its true, we haven't been dropped into the abyss. good luck everybody with the meds. and i don't really want any more info about people who applied in august and are already in oz. salt and wounds!
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:06 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

i was told the name of my case officer when i finally got to speak to someone this morning at 4am. then i also received an email! anyway, whilst i'm typing this my colleague and good friend whose app was a week before mine has just phoned to say the yellow envelope has arrived. so maybe its true, we haven't been dropped into the abyss. good luck everybody with the meds. and i don't really want any more info about people who applied in august and are already in oz. salt and wounds!
Sorry - I didn't mean it to come across as showey-offy. The important point, which keeps cropping up with all my posts is that migration agents will have known about the change and should have put off submitting applications until July/August.

I'm a big 'anti-migration agent' person!

Rob
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:07 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi

I am april applicant I also sent an email to my agent venting my frustration. The waiting is not difficult but not knowing is difficult.

By the way what's your timeline as well as your friends.
Sometimes I think the people who have applied in Feb and have not received any information should send a collective email asking what's going on.....
On the otherhand I am very hopeful that they will start processing quickly.

Badri
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

i know that. i didn't mean you particularly. apologies. i wasn't being personal its just been hard. i wish i'd known lots of things. i could probably have speeded things up by going designated area but i was a bit stupid and didn't think it through enough. at the time i wasn't anxious for it to be less than 6 to 8 months. but there you go. i'm big anti agent too. and you know what else. i've a horrid suspicion pet exporters are a rip off too. i have two to ship and have investigated diy. doesn't look like the companies do anything a personal with half a wit couldn't do, especially if they love their little doggies which they would obviously do more than a profit making org. someone on another thread quoted 2,300 odd. can't see the justification. i know the air freight is pricey but surely not. sorry gone off on one.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by badri
Hi

I am april applicant I also sent an email to my agent venting my frustration. The waiting is not difficult but not knowing is difficult.

By the way what's your timeline as well as your friends.
Sometimes I think the people who have applied in Feb and have not received any information should send a collective email asking what's going on.....
On the otherhand I am very hopeful that they will start processing quickly.

Badri
my app was received 8/3/04 and its skilled sponsored. the most worrying thing to me is that my assurer never received the letter she was supposed to receive telling her to contact centrelink. i wonder who else has had this happen and still doesn't know. i only found out when, in desperation, i was trawling the dimia site looking for clues and happened to go through, 'changes to forms'. on the assurer application form there was an obscure statement about, if you have already completed the form you should tell your assurer to contact centrelink. how you were supposed to know this unless you did, by chance, what i did, i do not know. why would you look at a form you'd already dealt with months and moths later unless you are me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.