Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what's happening to this forum?

Wikiposts

what's happening to this forum?

Old Jul 4th 2003, 7:02 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Originally posted by flying dutchman
gOD,
I have to agree with Polyana, if people can't take constuctive feedback on a post or a reply they didn't expect to a question, then don't visit this forum. I am someone who is not looking for 'a pat on the back' when it comes to posts and have learnt some valuable facts from this and the immigration forum.

However, abuse, sarcasm and insults are not constructive. I am more than happy to ignore threads with subject lines that look like they are angling for a virtual row, but more and more of the 'sensible' threads are being infected with this type of behaviour.

I will continue to visit the site and welcome debate, a joke or constructive criticism. Just not abuse.

flying dutchman
I also agree with you, and I find that it is not only the people in Oz that are rude etc but more often those that have yet to go. I have tried the migration lark and as you all know it didn't work out for me but I still like to look in on this site and see how others are doing. I love to hear news from the people who were on here when we were waiting for our visas last year and that is both positive news and negative news. However, I am more often than not finding that I don't reply to things that I know the answer to or have some experience of because of the replies that I am likely to receive and I certainly don't expect or want people to always agree with me. Before I went to Oz I visited this site several times a day and always found the information on it very informative and helpful but now I find that most threads are being hyjacked by people who to be honest most of the time are arguing with themselves and have absolutely nothing constructive to say about their experiences or expectations, this is a real shame.