Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's happened to the Ann Maurice / House Doctor thread?

Wikiposts

What's happened to the Ann Maurice / House Doctor thread?

Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:42 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: What's happened to the Ann Maurice / House Doctor thread?

Originally Posted by Larissa
Awwww looks like I missed something but Anne-Maurice really should come to Perth, some of the decor is alarming!
Lol......so are some of the locals from what we've been told m8

How's it going Larissa?

Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:44 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by wmoore
OK found it. It was deleted because the OP was yet another troll from the housepricecrash forum. That is, anohter mate of Kong, Eatstatic, et al.
Cheers Wayne. You're a regular shining star UR

And biggy is now re-named Cagney [from Cagney & Lacey ]

Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:26 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: What's happened to the Ann Maurice / House Doctor thread?

Awwww looks like I missed something but Anne-Maurice really should come to Perth, some of the decor is alarming!
Thats spot on!

My wife and I were watching TV the other day and a new series of 'The House Doctor' was advertised. About half an hour ealier we were looking at houses for sale in Oz (again) and the pictures on the real estate site are terrible and your right about the decor........its even worse!

We cannot believe some of the pictures that they take and are amazed at most of the decor.

Like my wife said 'old Anne would make a foryune in Oz' but I think anyone with a bit of taste (and common sense) could be an interior designer there.

Shame about the original thread, sounds like quite a laugh.

R.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Lol......so are some of the locals from what we've been told m8

How's it going Larissa?
What locals? hehehe
Fine thanks matey and how's yous?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss

We cannot believe some of the pictures that they take and are amazed at most of the decor.

Like my wife said 'old Anne would make a foryune in Oz' but I think anyone with a bit of taste (and common sense) could be an interior designer there.

R.
We were looking at houses on REIWA and found a lovely place with a shower curtain - I can't believe some of the photos these agents take!

As for decor, there are some disgusting pelmets in our rental, they have to be seen to be believed, then there are these really dodgy looking pink verticals. Then there's the exposed "rustic style" brick in the kitchen/diner, which would be better if the bricks weren't spottled. I swear if I buy somewhere like this (they all have rustic kitchens in Joondalup) I will be calling out a plasterer asap.
I can't believe the kitchens either, they are truly foul... plus who thought of installing beige carpets in rentals?
We've also looked at newer builds, but they seem to be stuck in the "feature wall" era of changing rooms... that programme should be banned. When I first moved here I watched changing rooms and it was even worse than the UK version; they were making a headboard out of painted vertical blinds :scared:
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:56 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: What's happened to the Ann Maurice / House Doctor thread?

We were looking at houses on REIWA and found a lovely place with a shower curtain - I can't believe some of the photos these agents take!

As for decor, there are some disgusting pelmets in our rental, they have to be seen to be believed, then there are these really dodgy looking pink verticals. Then there's the exposed "rustic style" brick in the kitchen/diner, which would be better if the bricks weren't spottled. I swear if I buy somewhere like this (they all have rustic kitchens in Joondalup) I will be calling out a plasterer asap.
I can't believe the kitchens either, they are truly foul... plus who thought of installing beige carpets in rentals?
We've also looked at newer builds, but they seem to be stuck in the "feature wall" era of changing rooms... that programme should be banned. When I first moved here I watched changing rooms and it was even worse than the UK version; they were making a headboard out of painted vertical blinds :scared:
We do like the version of their sunken baths ! ! !

What the hell are they thinking of?

Build loads of crap around the bath, tile it and hey presto........a pile of sh*te!

We also find it funny that in what we would call the living room are a row of chairs, a TV and a hat stand full of baseball caps! A hat stand which they take a close up of as though it is some sort of feature.

The more we look the harder we laugh. If there's nothing on the TV, take a look at some houses down under.

We are hoping to do a new build when we go so we get exactly what we want.

R.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:04 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

...... they were making a headboard out of painted vertical blinds
And? What's wrong with that?

I'm simply spiffing thanks Larissa. Aus was made for us I think. What about you guys? Has the other half found a job yet?

Sorry to the original OP for going off topic. Oooopss..silly, I am the OP, that's all right then, I'm not precious about these things

So...how's the price of lettuce in Jondaloop Larissa?

Anyone else care to do an off topic conversation about any crap you'd like to discuss?

JTL, biggy, Bix,soapy, Merlot, fraser, Geordie George......you're normally good at this aren't yous ...lol...oooo...and me too

Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:07 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ppre.net/cgi-bin/clients/...eenwayAve2.JPG
Check out this lounge room.
Looked worse, and was even smaller in real life!!! (house had potential though)

ohhh, this is bad too! OMG at the gym thing!!!
http://www.ljhooker.com.au/enlarge_i...tocode=2161562

Same house:
http://www.ljhooker.com.au/enlarge_i...tocode=2161561

Geez, I'm getting all these from one page(one suburb, one price range)
http://www.ljhooker.com.au/enlarge_i...ocode=2092853#

http://www.ljhooker.com.au/enlarge_i...tocode=2144317

Anyway, I don't care how it looks, I can see through it. And lots of people probably find our style ugly too
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:44 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by Simone

Same house:

Anyway, I don't care how it looks, I can see through it. And lots of people probably find our style ugly too
lol at this thread. They look like English decor of the 80s and 90s before everyone started watching TV and getting in to being 'cool' in the late 90s boom. I reckon the trend of sticking wood on the floors has done a lot for the look of people's homes. In Continental Europe, they think us Poms are mad for having carpets.

My living room was a mattress and a TV for a good 6 months in my rental when I came over!

Badge

I can't ta

Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:19 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone

Same house:

On the fourth link, that bathroom was just so disgusting!!!!! Yellow countertop with brown 70's tiles. Would not want to go inthere with a hangover, or a migraine. :scared:
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

One we looked at had the bong and lots of gear out in the garage. Real estate lady & I looked at each other & she was open mouthed & said "is that what I think it is?" LOL

Another one had concertina doors off the kitchen to a bathroom, corner bath had a shower and screen round it & a washing machine!

I love looking in other peeps houses! Another one had so much crap stuffed & hidden under the bed it started falling out when we were looking around.

Loopy
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:42 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Loopy
One we looked at had the bong and lots of gear out in the garage. Real estate lady & I looked at each other & she was open mouthed & said "is that what I think it is?" LOL

Another one had concertina doors off the kitchen to a bathroom, corner bath had a shower and screen round it & a washing machine!

I love looking in other peeps houses! Another one had so much crap stuffed & hidden under the bed it started falling out when we were looking around.

Loopy
Uk homes are reasonably similar in shape and style in any given neighbourhood. I love Aussie homes, no two are really the same. You can go to an average home, around the corner from yours, go around the back and then be stunned with the views.

Badge

Old Apr 16th 2005, 1:31 am
Phoenixuk2oz

There are some lovely houses out here...but like UK...there are a few gross ones too.

When we were looking round houses we found one house where there was a single bed with a double mattress on top

......and the windows were falling out with termites....in fact we saw the termites in them :scared: :scared:

Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What's with the face brick indoors?. It's bad enough on the outside walls, but inside.... Whoever thought this idea up should be executed.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:14 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
JTL, biggy, Bix,soapy, Merlot, fraser, Geordie George......you're normally good at this aren't yous ...lol...oooo...and me too
Me talk crap .. . nupe, just a whole load of pish as soapy would say!!!

Off to kill a thread.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.