Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats the first thing your ganna do when you get off the plane?

Whats the first thing your ganna do when you get off the plane?

Old May 21st 2004, 8:04 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats the first thing your ganna do when you get off the plane?

I'm thanking the Lord .....then kissing the tar-mac !!!!

all the best plum

PS For all you nurses out there , don't worry i've had my tetanus!
Old May 21st 2004, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Giving each one of my little family a huge hug, kiss and a squeeze...
Old May 21st 2004, 8:07 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna have my first Carlton Cold in 7 years.

Then my second, third, fourth.....
Old May 21st 2004, 8:08 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

I would have to keep pinching myself to make sure I was really awake and not still dreaming.

Springo
Old May 21st 2004, 8:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the first thing your ganna do when you get off the plane?

I will hug my friends. Go up the elevator I know so well from my youth(!?), and have a drink at the cafe up there.
Outside I will see if they still have the ozzie wildlife in the paddock thingy.
And I will probably cry.

Don't know what will happen after that yet. Probably been driven up to Lower Chittering to relax for a day or two, then after stay at friends houses in central Perth for 2 weeks or so, looking for a rental, buying car(and hopefully starting my new job at UWA, uh hum, dreaming is allowed on this forum...)
Old May 21st 2004, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

SHOW THEM MY PASSPORT LOUD AND PROUD!!

I'M HERE TO STAY!!!

AND SURF LIKE AN ENGLISHMAN!!
Old May 21st 2004, 8:24 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

i'm gonna find the nearest bmw dealer and stick a deposit down on my new bike! the rest can wait...
Old May 21st 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Pee meself
Old May 21st 2004, 8:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the first thing your ganna do when you get off the plane?

Originally posted by plumber
I'm thanking the Lord .....then kissing the tar-mac !!!!

Watch out for the kerosene stains, that stuff don't taste too good!.
Old May 21st 2004, 8:38 pm
earlswood

Have me a few bottles of ice cold VB and head down to South Bank

Old May 21st 2004, 8:50 pm
ceinwen

Relax !!!! This packing thing is very stressful ,then find a car ,house ,doctor ,book into hospital ,look at schools and the other one hundred things we have to do !! :scared:

Old May 21st 2004, 10:03 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by diddy
I'm gonna have my first Carlton Cold in 7 years.

Then my second, third, fourth.....
Me too, OMG . The wife and kids will just have to wait for a bit.
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

kissing the tar-mac
My first ever trip to Oz, we landed in Hobart and they don't have air-bridges, just steps down from the plane, and I did the "kissing the tarmac" bit. When I walked in to the terminal I got some very funny looks, and my friend was just standing there in fits, shaking his head and saying "I don't believe you did that!" Apparently he had been saying to people "its ok, she's just come from Heathrow, 24 hours in the air has gone to her head". Got me noticed anyway!!!!