Reload this Page >

whats a fair wage package

whats a fair wage package

Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

nickimbo will become famous soon enoughnickimbo will become famous soon enough
Default whats a fair wage package

hi guys,

new to the board .i have been offered between 80-100 000 aussie dollars in perth.is this a ok wage per annum.its only myself and my partner

your comments would be great thanks

nick
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of
Default Re: whats a fair wage package

Yeah it's good.
You can still - just - roughly tell how good a wage is by dividing it by 2 to get a rough UK equivalent.
If you look further on the forum you'll find a big wages & jobs thread. There are also plenty of messages from those trying to raise families on far less.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that rcoight-greatly appreciated
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:11 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickimbo
hi guys,

new to the board .i have been offered between 80-100 000 aussie dollars in perth.is this a ok wage per annum.its only myself and my partner

nick
You should be okay. I reckon the minimum, comfortable household income is $80k.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,

nick

It may be an OK wage but is it a fair one for your job?

G
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

The Labor government would deem you to be rich.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

It seems a good wage to me, but surely it depends on what you will be doing?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:09 am
Just Joined

thanks guys all the info is greatly appreciated.

if a company sponsors you does it make life easier when it comes to getting visas etc
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys all the info is greatly appreciated.

if a company sponsors you does it make life easier when it comes to getting visas etc
........but if it is a temporary visa it can also lead to lots of hassle.

G
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:39 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: whats a fair wage package

Originally Posted by ossigeno
The Labor government would deem you to be rich.
No it won't, because he's not over $150k.

At $80k-$100k he'll still be entitled to welfare payments, etc.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grayling
........but if it is a temporary visa it can also lead to lots of hassle.

G
Hi Grayling
what hassle can it lead to?
I was hoping to be sponsored rather than a holiday working visa as I thought it would be easier... have i missed something?

Kunjal
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:29 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by kunjal and shamir
Hi Grayling
what hassle can it lead to?
I was hoping to be sponsored rather than a holiday working visa as I thought it would be easier... have i missed something?

Kunjal

Because you are effectively tied to your employer....like it or not.

If you leave the job you have to leave the country unless you can find another employer willing to sponsor.

There is no guarantee it will lead to a PR visa and many of those going on Temp visas would qualify for a permanent visa in the first place.

There is a huge difference between a sponsored temporary visa and a WHV.

On a WHV you can choose to work for an employer or not......on a sponsored visa you have no choice.....it depends on what you are after.

G
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grayling
Because you are effectively tied to your employer....like it or not.

If you leave the job you have to leave the country unless you can find another employer willing to sponsor.

There is no guarantee it will lead to a PR visa and many of those going on Temp visas would qualify for a permanent visa in the first place.

There is a huge difference between a sponsored temporary visa and a WHV.

On a WHV you can choose to work for an employer or not......on a sponsored visa you have no choice.....it depends on what you are after.

G
oh i see!!!
ok well the other option for us is that we go on a WHV as originally planned and then if I like the company (and they like me!) they can sponsor me...
its basically the Oz branch of the company i work for here so i just figured if we didnt like it and wanted to come home, i can ask for a transfer back....
ok looks like i will approach it from that angle
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:03 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Please remember that you can only work for one employer for 6 months on a WHV so you need to decide quickly if you like it in order not to breach your visa conditions.
You can however go and work for another employer on the WHV though, where you'd be stuck on a 457 visa.

If you're prepared to do 12 weeks 'seasonal work' (read fruit picking!) then you can stay, I believe for 2 years on that WHV!

Hope that helps a bit!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:14 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really answer that becuase we don't know what you get now and it's all relative.

You won't starve, but the Porsche might be out of reach

hi guys,

nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.