Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats English football coverage like over in Oz?

Whats English football coverage like over in Oz?

Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Pauly P Bluenose is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Whats English football coverage like over in Oz?

Moving to Perth just as soon as we have sold our house, I'm very keen on football and was wondering what the coverage out there is like.

Many thanks
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whats English football coverage like over in Oz?

Coverage is good for the TOP 4 teams
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:26 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

If they play a badly as they did today against Hudderfield I don't think I want to watch them again.

Following the Blues is worse than Chinese water torture.:curse:

They have Setanta matey, the same as over here.

Last edited by dave7370; Jan 5th 2008 at 7:29 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shark bait
Coverage is good for the TOP 4 teams

Won't be seeing much of your team then.

Fox Sports have good coverage, viewer's choice so you can choose any of four games or watch them all on screen at the same time. And Setanta if you like Manu, Chelsea or the two Glasgow clubs.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:18 pm
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

All sounds not too bad, Don't worry about Huddersfield Dave, probably best we are out of it anyway, we need to stay up and it's not like we were going to win it any way. Keep right on!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Pauly P Bluenose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by english-rose
All sounds not too bad, Don't worry about Huddersfield Dave, probably best we are out of it anyway, we need to stay up and it's not like we were going to win it any way. Keep right on!
I was logged in the bread knifes account there
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pauly P Bluenose
Moving to Perth just as soon as we have sold our house, I'm very keen on football and was wondering what the coverage out there is like.

Many thanks
Us Brits and our football!
Here (currently NZ) its ok, (SKY TV) but its just the time difference thats the killer for live matches!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

You can select 1 of 5 games using your sky remote (foxtel-austar over here) usually 3pm kick off''s and watch the early or late games as well. The news mainly focuses on the top teams and shows some highlights. Thank god did not get to see the Huddersfield game but tend not to do to bad watching the blues. All the best, KRO S.O.T.V. Quill
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:52 am
Just Joined

binksy is an unknown quantity at this point

i would say the football coverage here is as good as the uk, depending on how much you want to spend on pay tv either foxtel or austar , sbs covers the champions league for free and has a sunday afternoon show, forget about trying to listen to 5live via the internet i have tried various different ways with limited or no success, as for the A-league well just forget that all together.

One real plus side about being in perth is the time difference for matches.

Cheers Travis
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:15 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pauly P Bluenose
I was logged in the bread knifes account there
It will be crap for you next season as they don't show many fizzy pop games.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

I get more footy here than I ever did in the UK and get to see the Mighty Hammers live more now than ever. Means a few late nights but staying up til 3.00am watching the Hammers beating Man Utd was worth it.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Alexh is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Blues fan here in Swanbourne, Perth. Moved over 10 weeks ago from Manchester (originally from Olton). Old enough to have Keith Bertschin as my boo boy and, obviously, TF as my hero. I got Foxtel shortly after the Vile game and saw the Newcastle and Reading games. Midnight kick off, not to bad. The United game was on and i'm sure i'll be able to see us get beat by Chelsea and Arsenal! You can also go to see Stan Lazaridis make his comeback for Perth Glory. Watching football here is a bit like going to see Stockport County but cheaper! Lots of English shirts, you will bump into a Baggie or two and loads of Man City shirts for some reason (and i thought it was Utd fans who did'nt live in Manchester). The Blues should be alright this season if we sign someone with a bit of life and flair unlike the work horses Bruce preferred.
Good luck with the move, Pauly.
Steve
(not Alexh, who's not in to football)