Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats does best in a veggie garden south qld

whats does best in a veggie garden south qld

Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:39 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default whats does best in a veggie garden south qld

going to start a new veggie garden tommorrow and im going to plant pumkins ( butternut ) tomatoes, cucumbers, beetroot,
squash, snowpeas, runner beans & lettuce to start with

any ideas as to what will do well in the south of queensland and whats a waste of time

regards steve
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats does best in a veggie garden south qld

Originally Posted by steve`o
going to start a new veggie garden tommorrow and im going to plant pumkins ( butternut ) tomatoes, cucumbers, beetroot,

any ideas as to what will do well in the south of queensland and whats a waste of time

regards steve
This may be of some help.
I found it a while ago whilst browsing the same thing:

http://www.calyx.com.au/Gold_Coast.html

and this:

http://www.diggers.com.au/

G

Last edited by Grayling; Mar 19th 2008 at 8:00 am.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:07 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

regards steve
Mate.. I had never ever had pumpkin till I came to Oz, and I bloody love it !!

I reckon anything will do well, providing you get to water the darn things !

Ste
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:14 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Mate.. I had never ever had pumpkin till I came to Oz, and I bloody love it !!

I reckon anything will do well, providing you get to water the darn things !

Ste
its going below the new gravel trap and i`v fitted a 10k ltr tank for the irrigation system
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:15 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by Grayling
This may be of some help.
I found it a while ago whilst browsing the same thing:

http://www.calyx.com.au/Gold_Coast.html

and this:

http://www.diggers.com.au/

G
thanks g ive bookmarked both
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

thanks g ive bookmarked both
The most useful guide is probably the climate chart on the 'Diggers' site.

It gives a guide to plant growing by region depending on temperature, rainfall etc.

Good luck

G
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:32 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

These grow pretty well I'm told.

Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:35 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
from bunnins are they
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

I found quite a few of those growing 'wild' in Gran Canaria last week.

G
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:42 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

its going below the new gravel trap and i`v fitted a 10k ltr tank for the irrigation system
Mate its all about irrigation, and the quality of horse shit i am told

Apparently out VIMS way, they have mANURE, up my way its SHIT, and out fluffs way its POO !!

Gold COast I reckon, you would need to look for Equine Excrement, enquire within PMSL !!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:42 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

from bunnins are they
Oh yeah, $10 a pot.

(excuse pun ... )

Originally Posted by Grayling
I found quite a few of those growing 'wild' in Gran Canaria last week.

G
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

ah, one of my favourite things about Oz, the ability to grow fruit and veg at an alarming rate that just could not happen in northern europe sans a green house.

I Know that citrus go good in QLD, also in SA, Tomatoes are not a huge fan of the QLD humidity and you have to be very careful about early blight, but they thrive in a warm sterile (i.e greenhouse) environment.

If you have purchased your home in QLD and you intend to stay for more than 7 years, then the absolute must haves are, 1) Mango and 2)Avodado and maybe at a push banana.

We have 2 excellent navel orange citrus trees, 1 lemon (myer) and various plumbs in our property in Adelaide and we have to give away the lemons and oranges, as an indication our orange tree produced about 60 -75 kilo of oranges per crop, and we had 2 crops!!! per annum, it is a mature tree.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by deryans
ah, one of my favourite things about Oz, the ability to grow fruit and veg at an alarming rate that just could not happen in northern europe sans a green house.

I Know that citrus go good in QLD, also in SA, Tomatoes are not a huge fan of the QLD humidity and you have to be very careful about early blight, but they thrive in a warm sterile (i.e greenhouse) environment.

If you have purchased your home in QLD and you intend to stay for more than 7 years, then the absolute must haves are, 1) Mango and 2)Avodado and maybe at a push banana.

We have 2 excellent navel orange citrus trees, 1 lemon (myer) and various plumbs in our property in Adelaide and we have to give away the lemons and oranges, as an indication our orange tree produced about 60 -75 kilo of oranges per pick, and we had 2 picks!!! per annum, it is a mature tree.
Legally in QLD you cannot own without PLANNING consent.. more than 2 Banana Plants !!!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:56 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Legally in QLD you cannot own without PLANNING consent.. more than 2 Banana Plants !!!!!!
you have to get permission just to buy 1 mate
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:59 am
Banned

you have to get permission just to buy 1 mate
Bullshit isnt it...

Our new place has an orchard of lemons limes, and macadameias !!!!

Not one bleedin NARNA tree , I was gutted !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.