Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats to do in Singapore Airport?

Whats to do in Singapore Airport?

Old May 21st 2004, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats to do in Singapore Airport?

We've got just under two hours to kill at Singapore Airport enroute to Perth and were wondering if any one has any recommendations of how to spend the time - other then getting p*ssed!

We like the idea of going for a swim, to get the blood pumping again, at the transit hotel. Does anyone know how much it costs, if we'll have enough time and if the lockers are big enough for a decent amount of hand luggage (including a wedding dress).

Any ideas greatfully accepted. Cheers
Old May 21st 2004, 8:18 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats to do in Singapore Airport?

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
We've got just under two hours to kill at Singapore Airport enroute to Perth and were wondering if any one has any recommendations of how to spend the time - other then getting p*ssed!

We like the idea of going for a swim, to get the blood pumping again, at the transit hotel. Does anyone know how much it costs, if we'll have enough time and if the lockers are big enough for a decent amount of hand luggage (including a wedding dress).

It costs about SGD15 or 5 quid.

Swim or there's an internet caff or two or food/ drink or sit in the sun in the outside terrace
Old May 21st 2004, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Swimming pool & shower S$13.52
Gym & shower S$13.52

Have a look at this:

http://www.changi.airport.com.sg/cha...=1085170953682
Old May 21st 2004, 10:28 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

We've got just under two hours to kill at Singapore Airport
The chances are that you won't get that long. We were meant to have the same time and due to a minor delay we had time for a drink and a toilet stop.

But on the positive side they have got some award winning toilets
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:54 pm
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

Shame you couldn't spend longer in Singapore. Great shopping in town, head into Orchard street and go bananas. Sit in a taxi and listen to the 'ding-ding'. lol!
Old May 22nd 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

We had 4 hours to kill at singapore airport, went to the transit hotel for a shower, they also give you a free drink, it was about a fiver, and a little old lady carries your towels and shows you to your cubicle, we felt like royalty for a moment.
There was also some dancers and music which was good, plenty of shops to browse....... or as you say just get pissed......
Changi airport is one of the nicest iv'e seen.................
good travels...
Old May 22nd 2004, 6:30 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by carryon
We had 4 hours to kill at singapore airport, went to the transit hotel for a shower, they also give you a free drink, it was about a fiver, and a little old lady carries your towels and shows you to your cubicle, we felt like royalty for a moment.
There was also some dancers and music which was good, plenty of shops to browse....... or as you say just get pissed......
Changi airport is one of the nicest iv'e seen.................
good travels...
It's a goodie. Haven't seen the new HK airport yet to compare but I imagine Changi is as good an airport as you're likely to find.

Small on the inside compared to Heathrow but nicer.
Old May 22nd 2004, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

cant wait have 9 hours to kill

where do we find the transit hotel then

arlene
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:24 pm
Redland Bay - 22/06/04

LaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud of
Question

We're having a 3 day stopover so can have a humongous p*ssup!

Having offloaded all our heavy cases do we have to lug them all to the hotel or are there secure lockups at the airport.
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

There are four location(open for 24 hours) at the following sites. They are situated at:

Unaccompanied Baggage/Left Baggage (Non Transit Area)
Terminal 1 - Basement West #B21-62

Terminal 2 - Arrival Meeting Hall North #016/24

Left Baggage (Transit Area - Please do not clear immigration)
Terminal 1 - Departure Transit Lounge East Level 2 #021-19

Terminal 2 - Departure Transit Lounge South, Level 2 #026-068

The charges for the baggage is according to the size and it is based on a 24 hours block basis per bag. Below are the rates:

Size Rate of 24 hours-block Subsequent 24 hours block

Cabin Bag SGD$3.15 SGD$4.20

Suitcase SGD$4.20 SGD$5.25

Odd Size SGD$8.40 SGD$10.50

The payment could be made in cash (Singapore dollars or US, Euros, Aust, Stg,) or credit card.
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsy
Swimming pool & shower S$13.52
Gym & shower S$13.52

Have a look at this:

http://www.changi.airport.com.sg/cha...=1085170953682

WOW!!! Really impressed with Singapore airport, had no idea they had so much to do. It's about time the airports in the UK got up to speed!
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you'll have time to do much more than a swim or a shower by the time you take into account disembarking and waiting in departure lounge again for your flight?!. Shame because its a lovely airport to wander around. Remember leg exercises to keep circulation going - a good excuse to walk around the duty free shops, orchid displays and a bar or two
you'd never know its my favourite airport would you
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by helinuk
I don't think you'll have time to do much more than a swim or a shower by the time you take into account disembarking and waiting in departure lounge again for your flight?!. Shame because its a lovely airport to wander around. Remember leg exercises to keep circulation going - a good excuse to walk around the duty free shops, orchid displays and a bar or two
you'd never know its my favourite airport would you

That's a good one, I'll tell my other half that I NEED to go round ALL the duty free shops to make sure I do my leg exercises!! Must make a couple of little stops to pay for items on the way out of the shops though! lol.
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:51 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Changi airport is really just a big shopping mall. It even has two golf shops!
Singapore airlines developed with the realisation that if lots of People could be persuaded to stop over in Singapore they would spend lots of money.
That's why they do cheap stopover deals and give you lots of discount vouchers.
Orchard street is full of shops, mainly designer outlets and 'bargain' electrical and photographic shops.
A jetlagged traveller is no match for a singaporean salesman. Don't buy anything unless you know it's true worth. Be warned!!!

Saying that I have stopped over in Singapore several times and it is nice for a day or two. Just be careful if looking for 'bargains'.

G
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Grayling
Hi
Changi airport is really just a big shopping mall. It even has two golf shops!
Singapore airlines developed with the realisation that if lots of People could be persuaded to stop over in Singapore they would spend lots of money.
That's why they do cheap stopover deals and give you lots of discount vouchers.
Orchard street is full of shops, mainly designer outlets and 'bargain' electrical and photographic shops.
A jetlagged traveller is no match for a singaporean salesman. Don't buy anything unless you know it's true worth. Be warned!!!

Saying that I have stopped over in Singapore several times and it is nice for a day or two. Just be careful if looking for 'bargains'.

G

Thanks for the advice, I'll try and remember it, honest!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.