Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats the difference between Coomera and Upper Coomera??

Whats the difference between Coomera and Upper Coomera??

Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default Whats the difference between Coomera and Upper Coomera??

Hello
Just looking at houses for sale in Coomera and Upper Coomera. Upper Coomera seems to have cheaper houses and i just wondered what the difference is between the two suburbs!!
Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Whats the difference between Coomera and Upper Coomera??

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hello
Just looking at houses for sale in Coomera and Upper Coomera. Upper Coomera seems to have cheaper houses and i just wondered what the difference is between the two suburbs!!
Thanks
Anyone???
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:44 pm
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

Hi,
I stay 10-15 mins from both, have heard that upper coomera is also called rental city, more so than coomera though has some lovely parts too like the new coomera springs and its little shopping village etc.
Goodluck in ur search.....
Fiona
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:05 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone???
Please note that most of us are asleep at 2:39AM (the original posting time in Brisbane) and not many of us are on here by 7:11AM the time of your second post.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:59 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

Hi

We live in Upper Coomera on one side of the motorway, Coomera is on the other side of the motorway (by Dreamworld). Upper Coomera is a fairly new area with new houses and lots of building work going on. There are lots of rentals available and we too are living in one. We have lots of newly built local shops close by and overall like the area. In fact we may well stay in the area and buy, but just a little bit further away from the motorway! (which our rental backs onto)

Coomera - on the other side of the motorway is the more old established part with the local police station, shops etc. There are also lots of very nice new housing estates with more water access/ boat moorings and a bit more 'select' over this side (Coomera Waters to name one) but feels a bit more iscolated/rural, but we cant afford to live there.

Im happy with where I am - its handy for everything. Hopefully my description is right - Ive only been here since October.

Debbie
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spellbound
Hi

We live in Upper Coomera on one side of the motorway, Coomera is on the other side of the motorway (by Dreamworld). Upper Coomera is a fairly new area with new houses and lots of building work going on. There are lots of rentals available and we too are living in one. We have lots of newly built local shops close by and overall like the area. In fact we may well stay in the area and buy, but just a little bit further away from the motorway! (which our rental backs onto)

Coomera - on the other side of the motorway is the more old established part with the local police station, shops etc. There are also lots of very nice new housing estates with more water access/ boat moorings and a bit more 'select' over this side (Coomera Waters to name one) but feels a bit more iscolated/rural, but we cant afford to live there.

Im happy with where I am - its handy for everything. Hopefully my description is right - Ive only been here since October.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Just wondering what the primary schools are like in the Coomera area?
Thanks!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:40 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Oops you have got me there, as I haven't got a clue! My youngest is 18!
There are lots of schools in the area and I mean lots! but no idea how good they are. Lots of our neighbors have young children, so they are going somewhere. Sorry not much help.

Hopefully someone who knows will be along soon.

Debbie
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spellbound
Hi

Oops you have got me there, as I haven't got a clue! My youngest is 18!
There are lots of schools in the area and I mean lots! but no idea how good they are. Lots of our neighbors have young children, so they are going somewhere. Sorry not much help.

Hopefully someone who knows will be along soon.

Debbie
Thanks for info anyway!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Thanks for info anyway!
I would be interested to have any info re primary schools. When are you heading out?
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

We live in Upper Coomera on the Coomera Springs estate.
I have three children who go to the new Coomera Springs state school (prep age 5, Year 4 age 8 and year 6 age 10). The years at the school go from Prep to Year 7.

The kids love the school,settled in really quick which is great (been there since September 08) and have made lots of new friends,they also say the teachers are fantastic.

As it is a new school there are lots of new students arriving regularly so you don't feel new for too long , i would definitely recommend the school.

Here is the website for the school :

http://www.coomeraspringsss.eq.edu.au

If i can help in any other way just let me know and i will try my best.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tweenies
We live in Upper Coomera on the Coomera Springs estate.
I have three children who go to the new Coomera Springs state school (prep age 5, Year 4 age 8 and year 6 age 10). The years at the school go from Prep to Year 7.

The kids love the school,settled in really quick which is great (been there since September 08) and have made lots of new friends,they also say the teachers are fantastic.

As it is a new school there are lots of new students arriving regularly so you don't feel new for too long , i would definitely recommend the school.

Here is the website for the school :

http://www.coomeraspringsss.eq.edu.au

If i can help in any other way just let me know and i will try my best.
i saw that school being built n the old gocart track
Old Feb 13th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

That's right my son told me that it use to be a go-Carting place the other day...didn't know till then....Its not there anymore
Old Feb 13th 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice

is there much more at the shopping center down the road, there was a few empty units when we were over. we loved the plantation show home at coomera springs
Old Feb 13th 2009, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Ohh i love that show home too

Let me think there is a pool shop, estate agents, Doctors and Chemist. A 24 hour gym (that has just opened) a womens clothes shop an off license, newsagents,a chicken fast food place, an opticians,hairdressers and a pastry shop, woolworths, barbers, a coffee shop,a dog shop,another estate agents,flight centre, a chinese, a chocolate shop and an Italian.
(ha ha probably missed one or two)

I don't know when the other bit is suppose to be built but they have it listed as a tavern and a few other shops.

Then across the road is something called The hub, which has a subway,fish shop,another Chinese (just opened) ermmm an estate agents and then some offices....they are supposedly going to have a KFC and a noodle box and a petrol station there too.

I don't know when the other bit is suppose to be built but they have it listed as a tavern and a few other shops.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

tried noodle box wasn't good not that one though.

A 24 hour gym (that has just opened) a womens clothes shop , an opticians,a dog shop,another estate agents,flight centre, a chinese, a chocolate shop and an Italian.
all the above new to me.

hairdressers was good OH had a nice cut and dye job done

used to use the petrol station in omeau and domino's MMmmm get hungy for pizza now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.