Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's Clarkson Like

What's Clarkson Like

Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road
Default What's Clarkson Like

Can anyone tell me their views/thoughts on Clarkson. I've had a quick look on the Real Estate and AussieMove websites, but would be interested if anyone can share any information with us.

We've got two girls aged 13 and 7, so both Primary and High schools are important to us

Thanks

Denise x
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's Clarkson Like

Originally Posted by Eammon
Can anyone tell me their views/thoughts on Clarkson. I've had a quick look on the Real Estate and AussieMove websites, but would be interested if anyone can share any information with us.

We've got two girls aged 13 and 7, so both Primary and High schools are important to us

Thanks

Denise x
Much has been posted here on Clarkson as a suburb and with respect to the schools. If you would like the honest opinion of someone who actually lives here (in Clarkson) and who's children attended the primary school and now attend the high school, feel free to contact me via PM.

I refuse to post my opinion, however I'm sure you will get lots of opinions from people who have never lived here.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:14 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

I was going to say he's an over-tall, over-opinionated and over-paid TV presenter with a bad dress sense & bad hair...... but it seems I may have got the wrong end of the stick.......
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
I was going to say he's an over-tall, over-opinionated and over-paid TV presenter with a bad dress sense & bad hair...... but it seems I may have got the wrong end of the stick.......
Damnit, I was going to say that
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
me too...
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Thanks

Denise x
Chavtastic....
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:27 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

me too ...

some unoriginal p***k.

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:28 am
Account Closed

I'm scared to post my opinion ...

Thanks

Denise x
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Thanks

Denise x
My advice is to rent in the area you are interested in, for 6 months, no rush to buy as houses prices aren't going nowhere for the moment.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by northernlights
My advice is to rent in the area you are interested in, for 6 months, no rush to buy as houses prices aren't going nowhere for the moment.
We will definitely rent at first, but will need to enrol the girls in to schools when we get there, so need to decide the area/suburb we're moving to as best we can beforehand.

Denise
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:51 am
Account Closed

Clarkson isn't as posh as Sutton Coldfield

We will definitely rent at first, but will need to enrol the girls in to schools when we get there, so need to decide the area/suburb we're moving to as best we can beforehand.

Denise
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:04 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

I would research the high schools to decide on a good suburb. Most of the primary schools are pretty good and there's a lot more of them!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW...he was OK, but Top Gear Live was pretty poor.

Clarkson said: "He [Rudd] genuinely looked terrified. The poor man, he's actually seen the books."
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Denise
To be honest, I would forget Clarkson High School as an option for your 14 year old, unless you have no choice in the matter. In my opinion, all primary schools are a much of a muchness here and would focus on a decent State High School for your older child. My suggestion for a semi decent state high school in the Northern suburbs of Perth would be; Ocean Reef, Woodvale, Duncraig & Carine.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in clarkson until recently, its split into old and new areas and depending which you are going into will effect your experience obviously.
I lived in a new build, they still hadn't finished building the bottom of the street, I was 6minutes walk to the train station which was nice. I could jump on the train to the city easily everyday and it would take around 40minutes.
The area was nice enough, a short drive to the beach and pretty quiet in the street I was in. I heard a lot of talk from others that clarkson had become an area a lot of poorer familys were relocated to but I saw no evidence of this and had no problems.

If you dont mind being that far away from the city then its a nice area, personally I wanted to be a bit closer to the city so moved a few months back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.