Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's A Chlorine Bomb?

What's A Chlorine Bomb?

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:05 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's A Chlorine Bomb?

Three have been found at the school by the house this morning?
Can someone explain what these do, ta?

Paul.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:17 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: What's A Chlorine Bomb?

Originally Posted by diddy
Three have been found at the school by the house this morning?
Can someone explain what these do, ta?

Paul.
A primitive explosive device made from ordinary chlorine (of the sort one puts in a swimming pool) and a complementary reagent, such as oil or brake fluid.

I've never made one myself, but I have it on good authority that they are absurdly dangerous.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:22 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's A Chlorine Bomb?

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
A primitive explosive device made from ordinary chlorine (of the sort one puts in a swimming pool) and a complementary reagent, such as oil or brake fluid.

I've never made one myself, but I have it on good authority that they are absurdly dangerous.
Thanks.

It's unbelievable that some plank has planted some in a primary school.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:22 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbing Alcohol is better...allegedly
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:23 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.rotteneggs.com/se/2686872.html

thats a chlorine bomb together with stories from the muppets who make them. Kids pranks mostly. Funny.... real funny. :scared:
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:24 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

They're actually quite dangerous, a larger verion of vinegar and Bi carb
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:28 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: What's A Chlorine Bomb?

Thanks.

Indeed.

It's times like these that I wonder how the human race has survived long enough to make it to the top of the food chain.

Our capacity for self-destruction knows no bounds.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:29 am
wombat42

Chlorine is a common household chemical in OZ because so many homes have swimming pools. When l was at school kids used to make chlorine bombs, one blew his face off.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:30 am

Indeed.

It's times like these that I wonder how the human race
or chemistry teachers!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:37 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.

Not Helensvale again??
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:42 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Not Helensvale again??

Yes. Has this happened before?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:47 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Thanks.

He probably didn't want to take then into class.

A
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:10 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Yes. Has this happened before?
It gets torched by the inmates periodically. 3 or 4 times in the last couple of years I believe.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:11 am
Absinthe Minded

Originally Posted by wombat42
Chlorine is a common household chemical in OZ because so many homes have swimming pools. When l was at school kids used to make chlorine bombs, one blew his face off.
sorry to hear that...are you feeling better now?