Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats in a childs meal on singapore airlines

whats in a childs meal on singapore airlines

Old Apr 25th 2010, 7:37 pm
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future
Default whats in a childs meal on singapore airlines

as usual trying not to overpack my hand luggage for flight from heathrow to brisbane with a toddler but you know what fusspots they are at that age.

i will have the lunchbox of marmite sandwiches on standby but was wondering what was actually in a childs meal and what snacks do they have now that would be suitable for a nearly 3 years old.

i did find a website on this last year but cannot find it again now.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whats in a childs meal on singapore airlines

we flew singapore with a nearly 3 year old last year - the meal boxes were ace for her - from memory a little roll, something hot, a different carton or box juice, box of raisins, piece of fruit, little wrapped crackers and cheese etc… far too much for her small appetite, but plenty for her to choose from… and it all came in a lunch box she could take off the flight too…
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. We fly with Singapore Airlines and I have ben told that they are fab with kiddies so I would have thought (hoping!!) they would have good kiddie meals. Mine are older though but still fussy. Have a good flight.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:48 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember not to forget to remove all the food from the lunchbox before you leave the plane, lest customs delay you a little when enter Australia.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 9:39 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore were excellent with kids food. H was 2.5 when we moved and they had plenty of food to choose from and were always coming over offering snacks. We took our own stuff too, but didn't use it (left it on the plane).
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:55 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it was Singapore I flew with last time. There was a lot of sugary stuff added to the trays for kids. Chocolate bar and nice dessert was standard. The rolls were sweet too... some of the main meals were a little rejected by my youngest but it wasn't a problem because of all the extras they put on the tray.

http://www.kidz.reho.com/singapore-airlines

This is the link to the actual website that has pics of meals. Not sure if they do kids meal shots.. Hope it helps.
http://www.flyerguide.net/meals/
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:15 am
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

Too many chocolates and sweets. Not just with Singapore, they all seem to do it and I found it almost impossible to get mine to eat anything but that, once they'd seen it!!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:26 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that mine had pasta with a tomato sauce in their dinner option. My kids were completely over the moon with it!

Em x
Old Apr 26th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moocow
as usual trying not to overpack my hand luggage for flight from heathrow to brisbane with a toddler but you know what fusspots they are at that age.

i will have the lunchbox of marmite sandwiches on standby but was wondering what was actually in a childs meal and what snacks do they have now that would be suitable for a nearly 3 years old.

i did find a website on this last year but cannot find it again now.
Sugar!!!

I try and nick everything (chocolate, jelly tots etc) off the tray before they see it! Then munch on it while they are sleeping!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:07 am
faf
Forum Regular

faf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nice

Hi There

Does anyone know what the Qantas kids meals are like as we fly with them on Thursday.

Cheers
Sara
Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with galba (but not about eating it!).

Going out of Singapore it's HUGE amounts of sugar. Typical meal: Large Ribena, fluroescenr pink cake, biscuits with choc dip, smarties, inedible mush.

Going to Singapore it's a bit better.

I've found them Ok with my son, but it's "trained" niceness rather than genuine. Qantas have always been genuinely nice to us.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:03 am
Just Joined

YorkshireLassInQld will become famous soon enough

I'm so glad i saw this post as we're taking our 11month old to u.k;bris-sing-manc on thursday and wondered what the food was like for her, she's going through a fussy stage! should be okay with what's been described.
I have a question, can you take liquid formula on the plane? she's into s26 gold toddler at the moment (about three bottles of 200ml) and wondered if i could take the pre-made liquid cartons on-board?x
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:07 am
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by faf
Hi There

Does anyone know what the Qantas kids meals are like as we fly with them on Thursday.

Cheers
Sara

It's generally the same with all of them. Something fairly inedible and masses of chocolate/sweets/biscuits.
When mine were really small I packed sandwiches, fruit etc. I've only one 'child' now and haven't bothered booking child meals for ages because I don't want them eating that amount of sugar, especially when they're confined in a small space for such a long time! However, when we flew to Melbourne this time my youngest was given a child meal and I don't think they've improved with time - daughter, of course was delighted - kit kats, kinder chocolate, minstrels and lots of sucky, sticky things!!

Emirates were supplying babies with jars of baby food, which was good.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:13 am
CEM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YorkshireLassInQld
I'm so glad i saw this post as we're taking our 11month old to u.k;bris-sing-manc on thursday and wondered what the food was like for her, she's going through a fussy stage! should be okay with what's been described.
I have a question, can you take liquid formula on the plane? she's into s26 gold toddler at the moment (about three bottles of 200ml) and wondered if i could take the pre-made liquid cartons on-board?x
You can only take these if they're bought 'airside', after going through security. From the uk you can apparently order them from Boots to pick up at the airport. I'd think you can do the same from here.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CEM
From the uk you can apparently order them from Boots to pick up at the airport. I'd think you can do the same from here.
Now that's clever! Not sure if Brisbane airport has a pharmacy type shop past security but they could be a good bet. Maybe call them and ask if they can order some beforehand...
I never needed to get ready made formula through security as I used powder and would just measure it out in advance in a container and just add to water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.