Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats the cheapest way to get from Townsville to Cairns?

Whats the cheapest way to get from Townsville to Cairns?

Old Aug 1st 2009, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

BeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really nice
Default Whats the cheapest way to get from Townsville to Cairns?

would the train be the best?

Thanks.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 7:29 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whats the cheapest way to get from Townsville to Cairns?

Cheapest?

hmmm.....

hitch-hiking would probably be cheapest - but might take you a while and might not be terribly pleasant.

Bus would probably be the cheapest public transport option
Train probably next cheapest
Plane is most likely going to be expensive - regional flights to non-capitals can be exorbitant - but if you get lucky you might find a special making it dead cheap....

Look at the cost of hiring a car and driving, if theres more than one of you it might work out cheaper than multiple train/bus tickets.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

BeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really nice

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Cheapest?

hmmm.....

hitch-hiking would probably be cheapest - but might take you a while and might not be terribly pleasant.

Bus would probably be the cheapest public transport option
Train probably next cheapest
Plane is most likely going to be expensive - regional flights to non-capitals can be exorbitant - but if you get lucky you might find a special making it dead cheap....

Look at the cost of hiring a car and driving, if theres more than one of you it might work out cheaper than multiple train/bus tickets.

Thanks. saw a one way airfare on virgin blue for $80. I might just stay a few nights in Cairns and then fly to Perth from there.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Car share?

When are you planning to do this as my OH travels up most weekends so could help you out if it fitted in with your plans. PM me if you are interested.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Car share?

When are you planning to do this as my OH travels up most weekends so could help you out if it fitted in with your plans. PM me if you are interested.
cool. thanks. planning on heading to Cairns Aug17th. spending a week in Townsville.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BeachBassist
cool. thanks. planning on heading to Cairns Aug17th. spending a week in Townsville.
Oh bad timing
If you would like to meet up with him in TV though, I can pm you his mobile number. What sort of work do you do?
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Oh bad timing
If you would like to meet up with him in TV though, I can pm you his mobile number. What sort of work do you do?
Thanks that would be great. I'm a musician/songwriter/guitarist/teacher
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks that would be great. I'm a musician/songwriter/guitarist/teacher
Are you looking to teach privately or in schools or something different in music?
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Are you looking to teach privately or in schools or something different in music?
Privately. I teach beginner bass and 6 string guitar. I also write instrumental tracks for film/tv.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Privately. I teach beginner bass and 6 string guitar. I also write instrumental tracks for film/tv.
Presumably you are travelling around to suss out places re work opps & lifestyle etc? Do you have any local contacts?
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Presumably you are travelling around to suss out places re work opps & lifestyle etc? Do you have any local contacts?
my mothers cousin is mayor of Adeliade. got some family there. Just made some new contacts in Brisbane yesterday...contacts my brother knew from the CCTV biz.

I have some savings so want to travel around and find the right place. I can work from anywhere.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

my mothers cousin is mayor of Adeliade. got some family there. Just made some new contacts in Brisbane yesterday...contacts my brother knew from the CCTV biz.

I have some savings so want to travel around and find the right place. I can work from anywhere.
Will pm you!
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Will pm you!
Thanks.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Shanks's pony
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Shanks's pony
Yeh, its only 350Km!!!! After that you could walk to Perth!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.