Whats changed

Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:02 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Whats changed

Originally Posted by DagBoy
And my questions would be:

1. Are fewer people speeding these days? When I left everyone drove fast, when we were back on hols last year all the motorways seemed to be running pretty well at the speed limit. Is this because there are more cameras?

2. Can someone explain the new car registration numbers? I understood it when I left - XXX 123 Y where Y indicated the year, then when they had used up ABCDEFGHJKLMNPRSTVWXY it became Y 123 XXX and off they went again. My first car was registered in 1965 and was a 'C'. I later owned a 1986 car that was also a 'C'. My last car there was an 'R' and was registered in 1998. By my calculations, when we were there last year I should have been seeing reg plates with a preceding X or preceding Y, instead of which they were all double letter wierdness.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Ok I dont know which motorway you were on..(perhaps the ones up north from me drive slower) but down south Id say the typical speed is 80/85...Im a rep so driving these roads every day...or is it just me in a dire rush...

The regs on the cars...we have 2 new car regs a year now...(dont ask me why) But my reg is say KF03 EBA kf is where it was made (I think) 03 is first part of 2003 (jan to may) if it was june onwards it would be 23 meaning the second part of 2003 or 04 jan to may 2004 and 24 being june to dec 2004 the last 3 letters are the one thing in the reg that is unique to the individual car...I think thats how it goes anyway...
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:10 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Yeah right.

By the way have you fixed my zimmer frame yet???
No, but I gave your missus a right good seeing too.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:10 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by peppi
The regs on the cars...we have 2 new car regs a year now...(dont ask me why) But my reg is say KF03 EBA kf is where it was made (I think) 03 is first part of 2003 (jan to may) if it was june onwards it would be 23 meaning the second part of 2003 or 04 jan to may 2004 and 24 being june to dec 2004 the last 3 letters are the one thing in the reg that is unique to the individual car...I think thats how it goes anyway...
The second part of 2003 was 53 and 2nd part of 2004 was 54. It should now be 05 followed by 55 in the second half.

The reason they started changing them twice a year was to cause two rushes per year for new registration plates rather than the previous one a year....he said cynically.

Cheers
Alistair
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:12 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HUP
No, but I gave your missus a good seeing too.

OMG, no wonder shes been smiling all week.

And I thought she was getting her nails done at Hevs.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beegee
Jesus you remember how much it costs :scared:

Anyway apart from Little Britain the 2nd series of Early Doors was great. Its a very slow moving comedy set in a north pub by Craig Cash ( Royle Family).
Better yet here's what the Beeb say

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/ar...99030512.shtml
lol im not a secret alkie, nut i do work in my local tho, we nearly passed out when we moved from Scotland down to Surrey and seen how much the drink was!!!! I think u can still get a pint of Tennents lager for £1.20 lol
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:21 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by angel17796
lol im not a secret alkie, nut i do work in my local tho, we nearly passed out when we moved from Scotland down to Surrey and seen how much the drink was!!!! I think u can still get a pint of Tennents lager for £1.20 lol

I asked for a pint of Tennants out here in Melbourne & was given a pint of Tetleys. Obviously they had trouble with Scottish accent. I tried it & was nearly sick, ended up pouring it into the plant pot. Not sure how you guys drink that filth.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

red back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mutant
I must be a trend setter after all!!!

BTW it is Burberry.
Hey mutant,

See! I cant even spell it never mind afford to buy it! Mind you BURBERRY is just a little yesterday for me now! Think i will stick my Miss Sixty & Morgan, and of course the car that can also break dance that im swapping for the hubby Would've got myself one of them if i was staying!!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:40 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
Heres a thread people in the UK can fully participate in. For those of in OZ we often see or hear of things that have changed since we moved but obviously we don't hear half of the stuff.

So heres a thread for you to tell us of some of the changes you have noticed over the past year or so. Or people in Oz can ask questions about things in Blighty.

Don't go for the broad sweep generalizations (The countries gone to the dogs, were being overrun by immigrants etc) but more specific inane observations

Heres my starting questions
Why has Eastenders slipped so far down the ratings?
Whats was the biggest toy craze of last Chritmas?
What are some of the best new BBC/ITV dramas (So we can keep an eye out for them )
Hope these help!

Why has Eastenders slipped so far down the ratings? Because Shane Ritchie is in it & its rubbish
Whats was the biggest toy craze of last Chritmas? For my little boys agegroup "Leapfrog Leappad" (1.5 to 3)
What are some of the best new BBC/ITV dramas? Sea of Souls is fantastic
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:43 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
How much is it for an iceburg lettuce
Last week in Asda it was 69p for an Iceberg!!!!

Think thats bad....... it was 98p for one bloody mango!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:32 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

After I've had few a don't know how much they cost

White Horse on the Canongate in Edinburgh does Tennets for around the £2 mark that was about the cheapest I found while working in Edinburgh......although I think some of the pubs in Leith may have been cheaper but I like living

Anyway carn't remember who it was but you should never pour Tetleys away there will always be a thirsty Yorkshire man you could have made very happy with a donation of Tetleys!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:38 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
The second part of 2003 was 53 and 2nd part of 2004 was 54. It should now be 05 followed by 55 in the second half.

The reason they started changing them twice a year was to cause two rushes per year for new registration plates rather than the previous one a year....he said cynically.

Cheers
Alistair
ooops yep course it is 53 and not 23 54 and not 24 ummm having a blond moment...well I knew what I meant...I was sort of right
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peppi
ooops yep course it is 53 and not 23 54 and not 24 ummm having a blond moment...well I knew what I meant...I was sort of right
It's all rubbish anyway cos they come in in March and September so it would be much clearer if it was 35 and 95 (month year) than 05 and 55
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Nobody watches eastenders any more because the storylines are crap and the acting is embarrassing to watch (particularly the watts family). Excellent dramas include SHAMELESS which is a Paul Abbott drama set on a Manchester estate. It's funny and brilliant. I love Ultimate force which is Ross Kemp in the SAS and Little Britain which is the funniest thing on tv - I really hope they export it to Oz so you can all see it. That's all I watch. Celebrity big brother is back on. They have Sylvester Stallone's mum Jackie and his ex wife Brigitte Nielsen on it. They hate each other. Also in is that racing pundit - john something -with the mad sideburns. He is awful.
Nobody would be seen dead in burberry unless they are a chav. Chavs are currently the laughing stock of Britain. Boho chic and african influences are what's currently fashionable as worn by Jude Law's girlfriend Sienna Miller. This winter has seen everyone in fur gilets and cowboy boots with either tight jeans or floaty skirts. Jewellery is either still bling or ethnic.
All night opening is not here yet but the government have pledged to combat binge drink culture. They have introduced ASBO's anti social behaviour orders. These give police more powers to deal with things like drunken brawls and urinating in public etc . Time will tell if these measures will do any good but the tide is turning. People are sick of anti social behaviour in town centres and so measures are being implemented. I have definitely noticed more bobbies on the beat. When my car wing mirror was snapped off along with several others in my street I had 2 visits from the police who promised to patrol and keep an eye out. I think this is in part due to police specials (part time) who have been recruited and trained.
Supermarket price wars are hotting up since Morrisons bought safeway but I won't bore you with the price of lettuce (ha ha I know you are desperate to know).
Lastly I am willing to divulge my sexploits with David Blunkett but it'll cost ya!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:38 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jugsy
Nobody watches eastenders any more because the storylines are crap and the acting is embarrassing to watch (particularly the watts family). Excellent dramas include SHAMELESS which is a Paul Abbott drama set on a Manchester estate. It's funny and brilliant. I love Ultimate force which is Ross Kemp in the SAS and Little Britain which is the funniest thing on tv - I really hope they export it to Oz so you can all see it. That's all I watch. Celebrity big brother is back on. They have Sylvester Stallone's mum Jackie and his ex wife Brigitte Nielsen on it. They hate each other. Also in is that racing pundit - john something -with the mad sideburns. He is awful.
Nobody would be seen dead in burberry unless they are a chav. Chavs are currently the laughing stock of Britain. Boho chic and african influences are what's currently fashionable as worn by Jude Law's girlfriend Sienna Miller. This winter has seen everyone in fur gilets and cowboy boots with either tight jeans or floaty skirts. Jewellery is either still bling or ethnic.
All night opening is not here yet but the government have pledged to combat binge drink culture. They have introduced ASBO's anti social behaviour orders. These give police more powers to deal with things like drunken brawls and urinating in public etc . Time will tell if these measures will do any good but the tide is turning. People are sick of anti social behaviour in town centres and so measures are being implemented. I have definitely noticed more bobbies on the beat. When my car wing mirror was snapped off along with several others in my street I had 2 visits from the police who promised to patrol and keep an eye out. I think this is in part due to police specials (part time) who have been recruited and trained.
Supermarket price wars are hotting up since Morrisons bought safeway but I won't bore you with the price of lettuce (ha ha I know you are desperate to know).
Lastly I am willing to divulge my sexploits with David Blunkett but it'll cost ya!
Hokay Eastenders is crap and yes full of interbreeding though it seems i'm gonna have to get into it as we are off to Tasmania

corrie is the best soap followed by emmerdale which is more of a comedy but i like it cos its in yorkshire

Little Britain is brilliant - yeah i know

far too many bloody reality shows sick of em

?? price of lettuce grow our own

boots boots and more boots is what to wear cant get enough pairs to my other halfs annoyance

as for late licensing we've had it for years local village pubs god love em

oh and spam is making a come back
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:41 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

i have been eating lots of lettuce and i think there about 90 pence lol
Is that LOL-o rosso...?

(sorry )

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.