Whats changed

Old Jan 14th 2005, 9:48 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats changed

thankyou thankyou thankyou...i can sleep now!

btw...my son says...whats the most annoying advert at the mo then????

we have a funny one now...an advert for mobile ring tones..my mum is here from uk at the mo..and pee's herself everytime it comes on. its a weird frog pretending to be on a motorbike!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvsie
thankyou thankyou thankyou...i can sleep now!

btw...my son says...whats the most annoying advert at the mo then????

we have a funny one now...an advert for mobile ring tones..my mum is here from uk at the mo..and pee's herself everytime it comes on. its a weird frog pretending to be on a motorbike!
We have the very same one and i feel like pullin out my hair everytime i hear it, My 3 year old has nearly got it down to a tee tho lol. I thot it was funny at first but its too much now lol
Old Jan 14th 2005, 9:54 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oh for heavens sake children - ok

according to Tesco's -

Iceburg - 89p
Organic Iceburg - 99p
Little Gem - twin pack - 69p
Round Lettuce - 35p
Romaine - 99p
Lollo Rosso - 88p

Happy?
Haven't landed in Oz yet, but from what I've been led to believe there isn't much hope of a decent food store like Tesco's? I'm going to miss Tesco's healthy living options.

YOu can get a nice Ceaser salad pack in Tesco's for about £1.69. And the cheese and chive healthy living dip is spot on as well - think that costs 69p.

Something that might be of interst to all you aussie poms is that Sainsbury's has plummeted to new depths of despair. Jamie Oliver is still advertising for them but they've changed their 'status' branding. The new TV ads play on the fact that, quote un quote, 'Sainsbury's isn't that expensive anymore'.

Behind the scenes they've got a new CEO and invested heavily in a new supply system that went belly up so they're really struggling now. On the flip side, I heard an amazing stat which was that for every £8 spent in UK shops(grocery or otherwise), £1 is spent at a Tesco's store! Amazing...or is it just me?

Rob
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:14 am
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Originally Posted by angel17796
Well in my local pub Fosters is £2.35
Guiness £2.55
Stella £2.70
Carslberg £2.35
Small glass of wine £1.90
Bottle of corona beer £2.75
and single spirit measures are roughly £1.95 each

we live in a small village so i think this is expensive lol. And seeing as my new years rersolution is another diet, i have been eating lots of lettuce and i think there about 90 pence lol

Smirnoff Vodka roughly about 12 quid as well.

Jesus you remember how much it costs :scared:

Anyway apart from Little Britain the 2nd series of Early Doors was great. Its a very slow moving comedy set in a north pub by Craig Cash ( Royle Family).
Better yet here's what the Beeb say

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/ar...99030512.shtml
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:18 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnrob2
YOu can get a nice Ceaser salad pack in Tesco's for about £1.69.
Got a bag of ceasar salad from Safeway for $2.96 today.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:27 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HUP
Got a bag of ceasar salad from Safeway for $2.96 today.
That ain't bad.

Fuel's getting 'cheaper' - Sainsburys/ASDA (amongst others) have brought unleaded down to 76.9p p/l.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

red back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HUP
Heres a thread people in the UK can fully participate in. For those of in OZ we often see or hear of things that have changed since we moved but obviously we don't hear half of the stuff.

So heres a thread for you to tell us of some of the changes you have noticed over the past year or so. Or people in Oz can ask questions about things in Blighty.

Don't go for the broad sweep generalizations (The countries gone to the dogs, were being overrun by immigrants etc) but more specific inane observations

Heres my starting questions
Why has Eastenders slipped so far down the ratings?
Whats was the biggest toy craze of last Chritmas?
What are some of the best new BBC/ITV dramas (So we can keep an eye out for them )
Latest fashion: Every bar and pub is full of girlies wearing cowboy boots. All the teenage girls are wearing big fluffy boots (the size of moon boots) that they can hardly walk in. Burburry is a must to be trendy even though its obvious that no-one other than celebs can afford to buy original. Teenage boys walking around with tracky bottoms tucked inside their socks, socks have to have winnie the pooh or some other character motive, this is a necessity for 'scallies' or 'chavs' as they like to be called.

TV: It just has to 'Little Britain'! Comedy - Molly sugdens bridesmaid & fat fighters - Quote (something about sugar & Dust! Anybody? Dust!) Hillarious, gets me everytime. " 2 pints of lager & a packet of crisps also, starring Will Mellor & him out of the 'royal family' As for deirdrie off coro, jeees.. she now has acrylic nails, Doris Stokes's voice due to the amount of fags she smokes off screen and a turkeys neck. As for eastenders, its crap!

Christmas craze: MP3 player i think.

Alcohol drink craze: Cheeky vimto, yum yum

Latest slang: Up north - 'its all gravy'

TV adverts: Mine just has to be the car that turns in to a break-dancer! Swap it for my hubby A metal justin timeberlake & a car all roled in to one, what more could a woman ask for??

Not much to say for is there peeps??
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:39 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by red back
Latest fashion: Every bar and pub is full of girlies wearing cowboy boots. All the teenage girls are wearing big fluffy boots (the size of moon boots) that they can hardly walk in. Burburry is a must to be trendy even though its obvious that no-one other than celebs can afford to buy original. Teenage boys walking around with tracky bottoms tucked inside their socks, socks have to have winnie the pooh or some other character motive, this is a necessity for 'scallies' or 'chavs' as they like to be called.

TV: It just has to 'Little Britain'! Comedy - Molly sugdens bridesmaid & fat fighters - Quote (something about sugar & Dust! Anybody? Dust!) Hillarious, gets me everytime. " 2 pints of lager & a packet of crisps also, starring Will Mellor & him out of the 'royal family' As for deirdrie off coro, jeees.. she now has acrylic nails, Doris Stokes's voice due to the amount of fags she smokes off screen and a turkeys neck. As for eastenders, its crap!

Alcohol drink craze: Cheeky vimto, yum yum

Latest slang: Up north - 'its all gravy'

TV adverts: Mine just has to be the car that turns in to a break-dancer! Swap it for my hubby A metal justin timeberlake & a car all roled in to one, what more could a woman ask for??

Boy, I'm so glad I moved to Melbourne 5 years ago. Punk rock is coming in here. Are we behind the times??
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:44 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Boy, I'm so glad I moved to Melbourne 5 years ago. Punk rock is coming in here. Are we behind the times??
No Bordy your "old" times
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:46 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HUP
Yeah right.

By the way have you fixed my zimmer frame yet???
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:48 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Originally Posted by HUP
My wife works with a brisbanite who has just come back from a Xmas break over there and she says that they still on the McCain ready sunday meals. My wife seems to remember having these herself in the 80's although I don't have a clue about them!

Ultimately, I think Aussies are perhaps playing catch up?

Rob
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:48 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Also Robosapian was a christmas craze

http://www.mini-stunt-cars.com/index...ProdID=43&HS=1

Sel x
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I love that ad. One of the ones that really annoys is for Renault Megane - "shakin your ass" - SHUT UP!

Smirnoff Red £12:99
Baileys £14:99 unless you are in Somerfield where they have it on special for £9.99
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:56 am
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Burburry is a must to be trendy even though its obvious that no-one other than celebs can afford to buy original.
I must be a trend setter after all!!!

BTW it is Burberry.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:58 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

wow...bailey's £9.99...thats cheap

.....my bottle for xmas didnt last 2 minutes ...
mind you I got it in a presentation box and there were some very posh glasses to drink it from ..think it was about $40

ive seen the advert for the car that turns into a robot...i got it in an email

btw pen...thanks again for the prices of lettuce!!!!

hey has anyone noticed how cheap grapes are now compared to before xmas?
$20 odd pre xmas...now a bargain at $2.95!!!!...per kilo ofcourse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.