Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the best way to send a parcel to Aus?

What's the best way to send a parcel to Aus?

Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:11 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Default What's the best way to send a parcel to Aus?

Hi

After the aftermath of waving goodbye to our family at Manchester, they are no getting their new lives together in NSW.

We on the other hand have been getting our home back (we had them with us for 6 months prior to them leaving), and we have come across many items they have forgotten, some they need and some they will be happy to see again!

in all about 10kg worth,(clothes, ipod cables, dvds, makeup). The best deal I found was through Interparcel using DHL £71 - but then I noticed that they wouldn't accept personal effects - ffs, what on earth does that mean?

Can somebody offer me some advice and solution please?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:03 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's the best way to send a parcel to Aus?

My parents alway send large amounts of stuff to Perth a christams & how they get round it is the split the parcels into smaller ones & send thru the normal post. Its cheaper to send via surface mail if their not in a rush for it. Its takes about 3 months!!!!
Hope that helps a little?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:06 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blossom
Hi

in all about 10kg worth,....

Can somebody offer me some advice and solution please?
Go visit them
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tawkins1
My parents alway send large amounts of stuff to Perth a christams & how they get round it is the split the parcels into smaller ones & send thru the normal post. Its cheaper to send via surface mail if their not in a rush for it. Its takes about 3 months!!!!
Hope that helps a little?
Thats what we do, and my sister has now discovered its much cheaper to send several small boxes rather than one big one The bloke got rather confused when a box turned up with only one trainer in it, the other followed the next day, but it was cheaper to send them in separate boxes than together
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:00 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Pollyana / Tawkins

Thanks for this, never thought of sending it all through the normal post! Will get out the scales and separate items into mini parcels! Hopefully will be cheaper, but doubt it somehow as i will need to send most of the items by airmail.

MarkMc

If only, however i think it's a little too soon just yet and not sure that i would come back once I got there!