Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what's the best sky package

Wikiposts

what's the best sky package

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what's the best sky package

the sky plus is called Foxtel IQ
foxtel is pish here just like the council telly
best thing u can do is dont buy a telly and get oot more. i got foxtel and like a prick signed up for 2 years or somethin. i never watch it now, its crap !!!!!
but if u get IQ you can record even more crap at the same time
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

pomcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi Kala

just a quick question for my kids do you get Disney and nickelodeon on foxtel

hopefully when we get there tv will be the last thing in their minds but at the mo they are the things they worry about

Chris

ps where you get you internet access from then??
Disney nickelodeon nick jr cartoon network boom. the kids are well catered for.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by pomcol
Disney nickelodeon nick jr cartoon network boom. the kids are well catered for.

Thanks for that you dont realize how reassuring that is, a world without Lizzie Maguire, fairly god parents, sponge bob, would be pure TORTURE!
the only time I get any peace is when they are watching their programs.
lol

Chris
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:10 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

"council telly" thats a new one hahaha
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:12 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
"council telly" thats a new one hahaha
i thot that was everyone called it. we we called it coonsil telly in glasgow
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:22 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi Kala

just a quick question for my kids do you get Disney and nickelodeon on foxtel

hopefully when we get there tv will be the last thing in their minds but at the mo they are the things they worry about

Chris

ps where you get you internet access from then??
I'l check the TV in a bit and get back to you on the kids tv programmes. I unfortunately get my internet from BIgpond and will be for the next 1 year and 8 monhts, but I hate them, with a passion, I will probably go to westnet next.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:24 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I'l check the TV in a bit and get back to you on the kids tv programmes. I unfortunately get my internet from BIgpond and will be for the next 1 year and 8 monhts, but I hate them, with a passion, I will probably go to westnet next.
i did the same with them. no free web space only got a month to go now. cant wait
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:38 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Hi All

I know this is a pommy question..asking questions about Sky TV,eh what next.... but as i have to small boys... they need their "Simpsons"thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it..it have nothing to to with watching West Ham play.what's the best package to go for in the Perth area or is there only one choice...

"The Simpsons" is on free to air TV twice daily, well here in Vic at least. West Ham / div. one games are on Pay Per View sometimes. I watched the playoff final in a pub last year and I know one or two of the other forum members did too. As other posters have mentioned, FOXTEL and OPTUS or AUSTAR here in rural areas are the subscription TV providors.

NJJ
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:45 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Loads of Simpsons on Channel 10 free to air. IMO Foxtel is a bit overpriced. Plus with all the fantastic outdoor lifestyles we have who watches TV?
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:49 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soapy
i did the same with them. no free web space only got a month to go now. cant wait
ahh you jammy git, if only I only had a month to go

They put me on the wrong usage, I need unlimited as I have public computers running on it at the backpackers, I have been unable to change it on the web site for over 3 months, calling them every few days to get it sorted and they say it can only be changed on the web site, everytime they try and do it and say "oh yeah it doesn;t work does it" then tell me to try in a few days, finally they changed it manually a couple of weeks ago but they are sending me bills for excess usage and I am refusing to pay them so they are threatening to take me to court Bless em.

Kala
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:56 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
ahh you jammy git, if only I only had a month to go

They put me on the wrong usage, I need unlimited as I have public computers running on it at the backpackers, I have been unable to change it on the web site for over 3 months, calling them every few days to get it sorted and they say it can only be changed on the web site, everytime they try and do it and say "oh yeah it doesn;t work does it" then tell me to try in a few days, finally they changed it manually a couple of weeks ago but they are sending me bills for excess usage and I am refusing to pay them so they are threatening to take me to court Bless em.

Kala

I'm with you guys on this one. Had a contract with them for a year when I first got to aus. O innocent naive old me. Cancelled it straight away as soon as I could and told them to take me off the mailing and "cold calling" advertising lists, lo and behold I've had numerous mailshots and two phone calls since telling me why I should go back to bigpond. bastards.